Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:27 am

i used to work near here, this thread is really amusing to me. i still haven't figured out how the heck people are walking to the in n' out from the terminals and i lived in la for 7 years.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wdogg
i used to work near here, this thread is really amusing to me. i still haven't figured out how the heck people are walking to the in n' out from the terminals and i lived in la for 7 years.
That's why you don't understand the walking

It's actually a pretty simple walk, have done it myself.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I recently suggested an I-I-O run to a friend and they didn't go through with it after saying that the Parking Spot bus required a ticket. Anybody know about it?

In particular he was scared out of it when he saw people handing tickets (not cash tips) to the driver as the bus was unloading at LAX.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
If you valet park at Parking Spot, you can give the shuttle driver your ticket and they will pull the car out for you so it will be ready when the shuttle get to the garage. Otherwise there is no "ticket" required to ride the shuttle. Although we tell people to not be too obvious about it, the fact is Parking Spot shuttle drivers all know the In-N-Out run and they don't really mind as long as the shuttle is not packed full of paying customers.

And of course you can always walk there... takes about 5 minutes from T1.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bzcat
And of course you can always walk there... takes about 5 minutes from T1.
i had to drive to the terminals for the first time in quite a while on friday and i clocked it from in and out to t1- it's 0.6 miles. not far, but not a 5 minute walk either.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by alggag
I recently suggested an I-I-O run to a friend and they didn't go through with it after saying that the Parking Spot bus required a ticket. Anybody know about it?

In particular he was scared out of it when he saw people handing tickets (not cash tips) to the driver as the bus was unloading at LAX.
Handing tickets when unloading at LAX? I've never seen that, and I'm on that shuttle pretty much every week.

Just flag the bus down at LAX and act like you belong on the shuttle. They don't check anything. I can go from the plane to driving on the road without interacting with any human being (besides the flagging of the shuttle).
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bzcat
Although we tell people to not be too obvious about it, the fact is Parking Spot shuttle drivers all know the In-N-Out run and they don't really mind as long as the shuttle is not packed full of paying customers.
I'm sure they'd mind less if FTers had a reputation for giving decent tips.

Originally Posted by edscholl
i had to drive to the terminals for the first time in quite a while on friday and i clocked it from in and out to t1- it's 0.6 miles. not far, but not a 5 minute walk either.
I've done the INO (and El Tarasco) walk probably ten times in the last couple of years. For a moderately quick walker, it's about 20 minutes from T-3 to INO. That works out to about 12 minutes from T-1. If you take a more leisurely pace (or, as I did, walked with someone older and slower), it's about 30-35 from T-3 (20ish from T3).

And of course, it takes longer if you stop at Sepulveda and Lincoln to watch planes land.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jackal
I'm sure they'd mind less if FTers had a reputation for giving decent tips.
Well, I've been doing my part.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:23 pm

The trip to INO is well worth it as others agree. I always feel the need to walk back to the terminals for a little exercise
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:49 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by warreng24
In New England we've got the Italian Sausage instead of the Polish Dog.
For the same buck fifty?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by wdogg

I've lived either on the westside or the southbay my whole life...and I don't understand why people make such a big deal ABOUT walking to In n Out? It's a 15 minute walk tops from Terminals 1,2,3, 6 and 7. Maybe 20 minutes from Terminals 4 and 5.

This isn't the holy grail people, with some magical entry key to a burger joint. Just open up Google Maps, and follow. It's CLOSE.

HP
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HighPotter
I've lived either on the westside or the southbay my whole life...and I don't understand why people make such a big deal ABOUT walking to In n Out? It's a 15 minute walk tops from Terminals 1,2,3, 6 and 7. Maybe 20 minutes from Terminals 4 and 5.

This isn't the holy grail people, with some magical entry key to a burger joint. Just open up Google Maps, and follow. It's CLOSE.

HP
Given the calorie count in most of what In'n'Out sells, might be better to jog it both ways!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: United 1K
Holy grail...

Okay guys, something I've always wanted... a current walking map from LAX to In N Out. Yes, seemingly simple, but for those actually FROM LA, we realize that you cant just walk everywhere. There arent always walkways... there are different levels... Google maps doesnt always illustrate this well and all of a sudden you're walking off the 4th floor of a parking structure.

I had some time during a MR today and decided to walk back (from LUNCH... NOT from LAX to IAD). The red lines illustrate a known good sidewalk. Black lines - what I think would have been a quicker shortcut thru the parking structure (4th floor) but I didnt see it (Im not tall). The red arrow is where there are stairs. Red box is In N Out. Yellow box is the where the Spot parking structure is.

I took the Sepulveda Spot shuttle out... walked back. To anyone who wants to take the shuttle, they really dont seem to mind. I do feel weird about it tho. I'd much rather walk than take the shuttle personally. The walk is ~1.3 miles. With the lights and getting a little side tracked (up to the 4th floor and back down again) it took ~30 minutes. Add security lines. I walk at a pace of just over 3mph (again, i'm not tall). It's a pleasant walk and can easily be done in 20 minutes. Keep in mind, my route takes you to the United terminal so it may take more or less time depending on your airline of choice.

Please keep in mind, the map was cut in half and overlap a bit so I could include more detail in the path. I did this thing in 2 sections. There is no arrow in the first image that shows where the stairs are but you should get the point.

Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:03 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Very nice! ^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Very nice! ^
Seconded!

A couple of notes:

If you are wheeling a rollaboard and don't want to lug it up/down the stairs, the short feeder street immediately south of the stairs works. It's the cabbie staging area, though, so expect quizzical looks as you walk by.

Glad to hear your Parking Spot driver didn't mind you going to In-N-Out. The one time I tried, the driver specifically asked if we were going to In-N-Out. Of course we said no, and then he asked "self-park or valet?", to which I quickly responded, "self-park."

If we (FTers) developed a reputation for tipping well for INO shuttle runs, perhaps we'd get less flack from the drivers. (I've decided to just walk, though, which I've done at least half a dozen times now.)

Also, has anyone figured out if it works to take a shuttle to that parking lot at 96th and Sepulveda (across the street from the stairway--I think it's labeled Parking Lot C) and then walk from there? If so, that would cut out a bit of walking, especially from the westernmost terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.