FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:19 pm
IADLayover

Programs: United 1K
Holy grail...

Okay guys, something I've always wanted... a current walking map from LAX to In N Out. Yes, seemingly simple, but for those actually FROM LA, we realize that you cant just walk everywhere. There arent always walkways... there are different levels... Google maps doesnt always illustrate this well and all of a sudden you're walking off the 4th floor of a parking structure.

I had some time during a MR today and decided to walk back (from LUNCH... NOT from LAX to IAD). The red lines illustrate a known good sidewalk. Black lines - what I think would have been a quicker shortcut thru the parking structure (4th floor) but I didnt see it (Im not tall). The red arrow is where there are stairs. Red box is In N Out. Yellow box is the where the Spot parking structure is.

I took the Sepulveda Spot shuttle out... walked back. To anyone who wants to take the shuttle, they really dont seem to mind. I do feel weird about it tho. I'd much rather walk than take the shuttle personally. The walk is ~1.3 miles. With the lights and getting a little side tracked (up to the 4th floor and back down again) it took ~30 minutes. Add security lines. I walk at a pace of just over 3mph (again, i'm not tall). It's a pleasant walk and can easily be done in 20 minutes. Keep in mind, my route takes you to the United terminal so it may take more or less time depending on your airline of choice.

Please keep in mind, the map was cut in half and overlap a bit so I could include more detail in the path. I did this thing in 2 sections. There is no arrow in the first image that shows where the stairs are but you should get the point.