Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by cdubose98
Thanks for all your replies! I wound up booking the 12:30 pm flight back to Atlanta, then was notified two days later that the flight is now scheduled to leave at noon. It sounds like I should still be OK timewise, and hopefully In 'n Out won't be too crowded at 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday. I think I will probably try walking there, since I should have time to recheck my bags first and it'll feel good to get some exercise after a 7500-mile flight.
I've been at that location numerous times at opening, and can't imagine more than ten minutes to have your food in your hands. Still though, recognize you need to give the Parking Spot enough time to get you back to Terminal 5. That could be 15+ minutes if your timing is unlucky, and there are a lot of people on the shuttle. Terminal 5 could be the sixth stop in a worst case scenario.

Last edited by Craig6z; Jun 2, 2014 at 5:40 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z
I've been at that location numerous times at opening, and can't imagine more than ten minutes to have your food in your hands.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:44 pm

Planning to do the run this thursday afternoon, how long would take the walk from In-N-Out to Tom Bradley terminal?? I have an 8hrs layover, wants to stretch the legs before a long flight to Taipei.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Ivelisse
Planning to do the run this thursday afternoon, how long would take the walk from In-N-Out to Tom Bradley terminal?? I have an 8hrs layover, wants to stretch the legs before a long flight to Taipei.
Hmm, surprised there's no wiki in this thread. We probably need to create one...

From TBIT to In-N-Out will take you about 20-30 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. (It usually took me about about 20-25 minutes from T3, which is about ~3 minutes of a shorter walk than from TBIT.)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Ivelisse
You'll have plenty of time. At a average pace, I would say 15-30 minutes. For more fresh air/sunlight, walk along the upper departures level. For shade, walk along the lower level/arrivals level.

Either way, when you exit TBIT, turn left, and you'll walk by T3, T2, T1. You'll eventually make a left on Sepulveda (either by continuing to walk down Airport Way along Park n' Fly, cutting across the Park n' Fly lot, or turning left just past T1 and following that drive/ramp to the police station). You'll see planes landing... head towards the flight path, and you'll see it in front of you.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by LAXative
You'll have plenty of time. At a average pace, I would say 15-30 minutes. For more fresh air/sunlight, walk along the upper departures level. For shade, walk along the lower level/arrivals level.
I agree. In an airport, fresh air is all relative. I find that the lower levels are not only less sunlight but also more tobacco smoke, and upper levels are much less trafficky.

I would allow 30 min door-to-door just to make sure you can feel leisurely about the walk. In a pinch, with light or no luggage, you could run/jog it in 15 min, but then you'd be rather sweaty as you pass through TSA...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Hey,

I have a 3 hr 5 min layover on DL in LAX coming up. The layover is late at night, with the flight arriving at 7:15, connecting to a 10:20 or so departure to SYD. Is this is enough time to do an In-N-Out run? Is the walk safe at night? I'm thinking it should still be light out since it's summer...

I assuming the best way would be to exit DL terminal at arrivals level, then cross over the T1/T2 via East Way, then walk the route previously described?

Thanks

-- Dan
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by debracey
Hey,

I have a 3 hr 5 min layover on DL in LAX coming up. The layover is late at night, with the flight arriving at 7:15, connecting to a 10:20 or so departure to SYD. Is this is enough time to do an In-N-Out run? Is the walk safe at night? I'm thinking it should still be light out since it's summer...

I assuming the best way would be to exit DL terminal at arrivals level, then cross over the T1/T2 via East Way, then walk the route previously described?

Thanks

-- Dan
In your situation, I think you'd be better grabbing the shuttle to the Parking Spot garage. I'd also be prepared to grab your food and go, or at the very least not spending too long at In-N-Out eating, since my experience has been waiting ~10 min during the dinner rush.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
In your situation, I think you'd be better grabbing the shuttle to the Parking Spot garage. I'd also be prepared to grab your food and go, or at the very least not spending too long at In-N-Out eating, since my experience has been waiting ~10 min during the dinner rush.
Thanks. I actually have just a little more time on the return, probably better to just do it then. That way I'll arrive before it actually opens.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hey,

Thanks

-- Dan
Thanks. I actually have just a little more time on the return, probably better to just do it then. That way I'll arrive before it actually opens.
Yeah, 3+ hours during dinnertime will make you feel a bit rushed. If you have more time on the return, that's probably the way to go.

I'm actually not sure you can walk along Upper East Way. I would advise going to ground level, then cutting across the central area though the parking garages to T2/T1.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
A related/unrelated question

Since the In'N out burger can be accessed by walking from the terminals, is it walkable to those hotels on century blvd ? Particularly the closest hotel from LAX, Radisson ?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Since the In'N out burger can be accessed by walking from the terminals, is it walkable to those hotels on century blvd ? Particularly the closest hotel from LAX, Radisson ?
Very. Standing on Sepulveda next to the Radisson, you probably can see In n Out (and definitely vice versa).
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by LAXative
Very. Standing on Sepulveda next to the Radisson, you probably can see In n Out (and definitely vice versa).
On the map is it a shortcut to in'n out, actually make a left on Skyway that become W 96th st, then make a left on Sepulveda ? Or is it from T1 don't make a left til Sepulveda ?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
On the map is it a shortcut to in'n out, actually make a left on Skyway that become W 96th st, then make a left on Sepulveda ? Or is it from T1 don't make a left til Sepulveda ?
Yes, you can do that. I think a shorter-cut could be to walk diagonally through the Park n Fly lot from across T1 to the car exit gates, make a right on 96th towards the police station, then left on Sepulveda.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
If you are on the upper level, you can't take Skyway because there is no sidewalk.

If you are on the lower level, it's easier to just walk to Sepulveda, rather than down Skyway and then make an turn on 96th street. You are not saving that much time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.