Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 6:23 pm

I want to do an In-N-Out run, i really like the burgers and don't want to spend 8hrs at LAX (last year i didn't knew about the In-N-Out and spend 6 really boring hours and i ate some tasteless and expensive food!! not again!!) and also seems like their parking lot is a nice place to spend a few minutes watching the planes!!

I will arrive from GDL at 2.30pm on a sunday, and my next flight is at 10.30pm on FJ, my first flight is on Volaris (mexican lowcost), so, i will need to grab all my luggage (23kgs bag, 15kgs carry-on backpack plus small laptop bag!!), pass immigration and customs, and then i'm free to go, the problem, what can i do with the luggage?? is a good idea carry all this on the shuttle to the parking lot (walking all the way with all this stuff doesn't seem like a good idea!!), enter In-N-Out with it, and then come back on the shuttle, or, should i pay to leave it somewhere? Because i'm arriving at T2, and my night flight is at TBIT, and no idea at what time the FJ counters open. So, any suggestion would be appreciated!!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by weezl
The TOTAL time to TBIT is 30 min, not from T1 to TBIT, that is only about 10 min at a good clip.
Correct, I wasn't very clear, thanks for the clarification.

T1 to In-N-Out is about 10~15 minutes walk.
T5 to In-N-Out is about 20~25 minutes walk (cut across the horseshoe)
TBIT to In-N-Out is about 25~30 minutes walk.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Driver: "Valet or Self Park?"

Me: "I was going to grab a bite to eat"

Driver: "In N Out, okay!"
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Arrow Would you fly AA vs. QF just to get a burger at LAX In-n-Out

This is not meant to be a very serious post... but I'm in the process of booking a one way flight to Australia.

The options are to fly JFK-LAX-SYD on QF108... or a slightly less direct EWR-DFW-LAX-SYD with a few short hops on AA and another A380 flight on QF which I'm looking forward to again.

I'm also craving some In-n-Out secret menu items... which AA would actually allow me to do.

What would you do? lol
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
This is not meant to be a very serious post... but I'm in the process of booking a one way flight to Australia.

The options are to fly JFK-LAX-SYD on QF108... or a slightly less direct EWR-DFW-LAX-SYD with a few short hops on AA and another A380 flight on QF which I'm looking forward to again.

I'm also craving some In-n-Out secret menu items... which AA would actually allow me to do.

What would you do? lol
Absolutely!

True story ... ORD-LAX-ORD is my favorite MR in terms of both convenience and price. I fly it several times a year and I make an In 'n Out stop whenever feasible.

Eight months ago, my daughter moved to LA and now lives ~1 mile from LAX. So now my MRs actually serve a purpose, which is nice. And guess where we eat ... every time. :-D
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I guess the grass is always greener ... I live down the street from an In 'N Out, and don't think I've been there for two or three years. Los Angeles is burger heaven, but In 'N Out is wildly overrated, IMHO.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer

What would you do? lol
I am not a fan of your multi-stop option.

If I was craving in&out, I would look for a non-stop JFk-LAX that gets me there 5-6 hours before the QF flight, so I can go to in&out. Why not?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Why not?
I would agree with you on the more direct route option, though for some reason nothing is available from EWR. I'd prefer Newark because its at least $25 cheaper to get to in tolls alone, and depending on the time of the day may be much less time consuming also.

In-n-Out may be grossly overrated, true... but I'd like to have one decent burger before the only option available comes with beetroot and carrot shavings, LOL

I think Five Guys Burger on the east coast is equivalent in taste to In-n-Out, but there's much more hype about the LAX version. I met coworkers in Singapore that had spent In-n-Out burger wrapper/pouch pinned to their wall Kinda neat actually.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
I guess the grass is always greener ... I live down the street from an In 'N Out, and don't think I've been there for two or three years. Los Angeles is burger heaven, but In 'N Out is wildly overrated, IMHO.
Just about what I was about to say. I'm in Orange County, and the only time I seem to hit up In N Out is when family and friends from the East come to visit. The lone exception was in San Francisco this summer. I did eat there a couple of times voluntarily because everything else was so crowded. Never again will I do the Bay Area in the summer.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
id go more direct as there are better burgers out there imo
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosdca
I am not a fan of your multi-stop option.

If I was craving in&out, I would look for a non-stop JFk-LAX that gets me there 5-6 hours before the QF flight, so I can go to in&out. Why not?
It's a one way routing. Can you force a stop over in that length on a 1 way award (I think OP said it was an award)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:47 am

You can get in-n-out in Dallas now, too. If you want to route onto the DFW QF flight. Maybe another option.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:27 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What class of travel?

I would take J in QF on QF108 over AA F transcon any day.

I too don't get the obsession with In n Out Burger.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by downhillcrasher
You can get in-n-out in Dallas now, too. If you want to route onto the DFW QF flight. Maybe another option.
I like where your head is at!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I ate at the in n out in hurst last week for the first time. I don't think they taste the same in TX as they do in CA. That being said I wouldn't make flight plans around it either way. I lived 2.5yrs in CA and ate a lot of in n out - but my reasons were typically convenience or price, not taste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.