Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by fatfrog
Amazing! Has anyone actually taken advantage of this Parking Spot bus? I'd like to get an estimate of total round trip time. The two hours allotted by the author of that web page seems a little steep.
I'd say it depends on how busy the In and Out is, In and out is notoriously slow, also the shuttle can get full fast if you are there at the wrong time ,
Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:20 am

Not Long At All

Did this on during our connection to LIH.
At first wasn't sure which shuttle to take. Got on one for long term parking and had to walk a long block (was ok, lovely day and needed to stretch legs).
Of course the line inside was LONG (to be expected but was moving quickly-- got there 2PM). Ordered to eat then but also to take on plane for dinner. This turned out to be needed since flight was delayed for 1 hr at first and then we were sitting on plane for 2 additional hours before leaving. Getting into to LIH at 11:30PM leaves absolutely NO eating options.
Took the SPOT shuttle back to terminal. Had a bus pull away when we got inside parking structure (a little bit of a maze to find departure area) but there was another leaving in 5 minutes. Just us (3) and 2 other people to LAX. Quick, easy, economical (at LAX prior when asking which shuttle everyone said "take a taxi".. no think i'll experiment ... also had the time).
Can't wait till next time through LAX. The kids are hooked on Double Doubles.
Carolyn
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
...Of course the line inside was LONG (to be expected but was moving quickly-- got there 2PM). Ordered to eat then but also to take on plane for dinner. This turned out to be needed since flight was delayed for 1 hr at first and then we were sitting on plane for 2 additional hours before leaving. Getting into to LIH at 11:30PM leaves absolutely NO eating options.
So what does a double-double taste like 5-6 hours later? Airplane food?

Seriously. glad you guys are enjoying some of SoCal's finest. ^^
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:33 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Forgive me all for I have sinned.

I was unexpectedly delayed at LAX 2 hours yesterday and I did not do an In-N-Out run.

I'd already eaten lunch and was full. I know, I know, I should have gone in the john and made myself puke.

I'm sorry.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by PremEx
Ruby's (another SoCal institution) in T-6 makes darn good burgers and killer shakes too.
I had that like a week ago when I had a 4 hour layover at LAX!!!! The burger was frankly okay and it was probably the biggest ripoff ever. $10 for a burger, no fries? Geez, I almost fainted when I realized what I just paid for....right after I handed the cashier my Amex.

My VX flight to JFK got pushed back to 11:45PM so I had a 4 hour layover and I was trying to find a way to get to In n out but I couldn't. Boo.

When I get rich and make tons of money but live on the east coast, I think I'll take a morning flight to LAX, have in n out for lunch and then get on the afternoon flight and fly right back. Should be home by midnight. Plus 5100 miles. Do this about once every 3 months. Probably about the most expensive burger I'll ever have....$350+$7.50 or so for the burger itself.

This thread's making me really hungry-I'm tempted to order a burger....

Last edited by stupidhead; Jan 24, 2008 at 10:46 pm
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Gold
I always thought the In-n-Out hype was probably overblown. Then I tried it on a CA trip a few months ago. It was great. I cannot wait to try the LAX Parking Spot option and the animal style option. I also learned of the secret menu form this thread.

THANKS
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by lili

I ate mine after my LAS-CLE flight (we about missed the flight trying to get to In-N-Out) and it was still pretty good. It wasn't the best, it hit the spot since I couldn't eat it when I bought it (had just eaten breakfast).
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:13 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I would think that animal style fries would just be a ball of goo after a few hours.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Awesome Pic!
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gre
I would think that animal style fries would just be a ball of goo after a few hours.
My animal-style fries are often a ball of goo even while i'm eating. The In-n-Outs tend to have very good A/C and that cheese sure sets quick under blaring cold air...
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lili

It actually tastes seriously good...compared to what you might be offered (or not offered) in Y.
I once took a Double-Double on a flight to ORD...it was excellent...totally hit the spot.
The dirty looks from seatmates were a bit awkward though....
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Originally Posted by OskiBear
It actually tastes seriously good...compared to what you might be offered (or not offered) in Y.
I once took a Double-Double on a flight to ORD...it was excellent...totally hit the spot.
The dirty looks from seatmates were a bit awkward though....
first...i don't know what incompetent TSA is letting you thru security with said "liquid" products not in the KHIAI baggie.

that said...for those looking into a quick InNOut run...be advised that Sepulveda is closed north of LAX right around InNOut.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:42 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LAX Gambit
that said...for those looking into a quick InNOut run...be advised that Sepulveda is closed north of LAX right around InNOut.
So how long should one allow for an In-N-Out run these days? I've got 1.5 hours to go from AS to AA next week, but it's between 1020pm and midnight. Can't miss the redeye, so I'm thinking it's risky, especially if traffic is tied up with construction.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think the timeframe is too risky, but it's up to you.

On another note, In-n-Out (not necessarily the LAX location) is getting major complaints from other merchants (especially in the valley) because their customers can't get in due to the queues for In-n-Out burgers, so it's impacting the other merchants' business. They've even started calling the police to enforce the regulations, and one is considering a lawsuit. BTW - these aren't necessarily other food merchants, but other type biznesses.

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Update

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
So how long should one allow for an In-N-Out run these days? I've got 1.5 hours to go from AS to AA next week, but it's between 1020pm and midnight. Can't miss the redeye, so I'm thinking it's risky, especially if traffic is tied up with construction.
just an update that the road was opened so traffic is flowing once again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.