Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, CP906
There is a large-ongoing thread in the Los Angeles Forum
(See Travel & Dining>United States>Los Angeles.)
I am moving your thread to the Los Angeles Forum where I am certain that it will be merged with the existing thread.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 7, 2009, 3:13 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
A day or two ago, NBC's Brian Williams, apparently a fast food fan, was on Conan O'Brien extolling the virtues of In N' Out, especially the one next to LAX.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by obscure2k
We no longer disagree. Upon our arrival at LAX yesterday, took Parking Spot shuttle to our car. Went immediately to In-n-out. It was better than I had remembered. Think there is something special about that LAX location ^
It must be the view http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/RYA5V...1HHuY-NEKIXmDg
Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA S
I did this yesterday for the first time, extremely easy ^. It almost seeems as if Parking spot not only knows people do this, but almost actively encourages people to do it. After you leave the shuttle, theres a big sign "this way to exit and in-n-out". A significant number of LAX workers use the shuttles back and forth as well, so it seems pretty obvious that everyone knows about this. While I enjoyed my delicious double-double and watched planes land, I thought about whether or not that made marketing sense.
On the one hand:
It costs Parking spot almost nothing (the extra gas to carry 1 more person? Not much).

On the other hand:
The primary users are LAX staff (probably wouldnt ever use long-term parking) and LAX connecting pax (who therefore arent from LAX and probably arent in need of a long-term parking service).

What In-n-Out ought to do is advertise in the terminal and pay some small fee to ParkingSpot to allow official use of their shuttles for that purpose.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:43 am
Suspended

I've seen In n Out burgers mentioned here many times before, but can anyone let me know what is the fascination about this?

Is it a West Coast thing? And what is the difference to Wendys?

if I arrive into TBIt or the AA terminal (T4) Where can I get this special shuttle? Also I am staying at the Renaissance Montura Hotel Los Angeles Airport., will I be able to walk there?

Last edited by nomoreiphone; Mar 22, 2009 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:56 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
Is it a West Coast thing?
More or less, yes.

And what is the difference to Wendys?
About 20x better

if I arrive into TBIt or the AA terminal (T4) Where can I get this special shuttle?
You walk out to where the parking shuttles pick people up and wait for The Parking Spot van -- but make sure it's the right Parking Spot one. It's really very simple.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by whakojacko
What In-n-Out ought to do is advertise in the terminal and pay some small fee to ParkingSpot to allow official use of their shuttles for that purpose.
Maybe In 'n Out is supporting the ParkingSpot and are just letting us think we're getting away with something. (Free double-doubles for ParkingSpot staff and drivers?)

You guys DO tip the shuttle driver, don't you? Of course he's happy to take you.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cblaisd
More or less, yes.

About 20x better

You walk out to where the parking shuttles pick people up and wait for The Parking Spot van -- but make sure it's the right Parking Spot one. It's really very simple.

Enjoy!
Isn't it just one Parkingsport shuttle?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

No, you want the Sepulveda one.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:42 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I've seen In n Out burgers mentioned here many times before...
Well it is the In-N-Out thread...
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: Various
Yes you can walk to IN N OUT from your hotel to the location, it's just under 1 mile.

Here's a link with a map to get an idea:

Rennaissance Hotel LAX to IN N OUT (Map)

Be aware that its not advised to cross Sepulveda Boulevard anywhere other than at a cross walk, there's alot of road and air traffic, and speed demons; i.e. use caution.

If you are one mile from an IN N OUT and have never tried it, why not? For a SINGLE burger, it's around $2. Is it the best? No. Is it good/fresh/made to order/a good value? Yes.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Thanks. I will definitely give it a try!!!

Do u think the burgers/fries will travel well on a plane? If I ask them to double bag it will it still be ok after 1-2 hours?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Do u think the burgers/fries will travel well on a plane? If I ask them to double bag it will it still be ok after 1-2 hours?
I would vote no on bringing it onto the plane. Really smelly and not good if not fresh.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Ambassador;Lifetime Titanium; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
I would vote no on bringing it onto the plane. Really smelly and not good if not fresh.
I beg to differ! Two years ago I did a MR, MSP-LAX, on the last flight of the night with a 1 hour turn. We arrived 30 minutes early, giving me quite enough time to do an In-and-Out run. I told the FA's what I was doing and they were all envious. So, I brought my food back as well as food for the FA's...they were thrilled! Because I was in row 1, I probably bothered fewer people on the red-eye return to MSP. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
I would vote no on bringing it onto the plane.
Agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.