Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Can't wait till next time through LAX. The kids are hooked on Double Doubles.
I don't understand this at all.

Pick up my daughter at LAX for spring break. Tell her as we're passing In n Out, and about the famous LAX In n Out, and how everybody wants to do a run.

She goes crazy, we've got to stop.

Place is jammed. People sitting outside at tables (nice view of landing planes).

So (flame suit on)...what's the appeal?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:54 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
So (flame suit on)...what's the appeal?
Actually, I'm going to invite discussion of that question in the following thread in the Dining Buzz forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=n+out

This thread is about how one does an LAX In-N-Out run, experiences with such runs, etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old May 2, 2008, 4:39 pm

I know this is a bit OT but I want to do an In-N-Out run from ONT next Wednesday.

I found one that is ~1 mile from the airport. Here's the problem though, I only have a 50 min layover leaving me ~ 20 minutes from off the plane to back at the airport.

Does anyone know if this is do-able?
Old May 3, 2008, 10:56 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Not doable at all.

The lines at In-N-Out are usually, ime, 2-10 minutes long, and the wait for the food to be cooked a minimum of 5 minutes.
Old May 3, 2008, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Not doable at all.

The lines at In-N-Out are usually, ime, 2-10 minutes long, and the wait for the food to be cooked a minimum of 5 minutes.
Damn!

If I missed the flight I am confirmed on I would have to get to another airport as that's the last DL flight for the day....
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Not doable at all.

I was actually able to do this on the 2nd attempt. First time the inbound AC (which turned) was 50 min late thus meaning we'd turn as quick as possible.

2nd time we were 10 min early so I had 65 minutes.

Exited the terminal (the DL gate was the FARTHEST from the exit) after seeing the security lines were non-existent. Went outside, got a taxi. 2 minute drive. Waited ~ 5 min in line. Got my double double animal style, taxii'd back (total fare was $10) and went through security in 1 minute. Was back at the gate in under 30 minutes and right as they were boarding zone 1!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
My girlfriend and I just did the hop out to In-N-Out...

After the long flight in Y (award) from SYD, we had six hours, which was easily enough time to get there and back (and some time in the RCC)...

Not reading this thread first, I headed to T1 on the Airport Bus, then walked East from there, stopped at a guy (luckily) riding his bike and asked him how we could walk to Sepulveda (which I pronounced - Sep-Uhl-Vee-Da), and he had a double-take, and said 'WHAT?!?'. Then I said, I just wanted to goto In-N-Out...luckily that rang a bell with him. So, he told me to head East (away from WN/US entrances), then at the second light, turn Left, and stay on the West side of the street (the near side). Up about 10 minutes was sure enough, In-N-Out!

It was great to have 2 Double-Doubles, 1 Soda & 1 Shake for under $10 - In SYD, one order of a hamburger and a drink would be that much, even in US$! We ordered, sat outside and watched a bunch of widebodies land and also a ton of WN 73s. If you are there and have some time, I'd recommend sitting outside and eating...the views are great, and the L.A. weather is definitely nice, especially off the SYD flight in Winter :-)

When we were sitting outside we noticed the Parking Spot shuttle and lot, and thought that the shuttle would work to get there really easily. But, since we were in the cold for vacation and had plenty of time, we did the walk both directions...

But now, there are plenty of options for an ENJOYABLE connection/MR out to LAX!!! Up until now, I've always preferred SFO, but LAX might be nice for a couple of hours :-)

Great thread though - this is perfect!!!

-jeremy
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
But now, there are plenty of options for an ENJOYABLE connection/MR out to LAX!!! Up until now, I've always preferred SFO, but LAX might be nice for a couple of hours :-)
Never thought about it this way. What an airport has streetside can trump what it has airside. In this case, I would have to agree with you!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:29 pm

Was at In-n-Out this past monday.

It was definitely amusing and boy it was the long line up.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:19 am

Did it yesterday. Yummmmm! Total time 40 minutes.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Did it on Saturday from LAX - great place to planespot!
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Stayed at the LAX Hilton the other week -- not ashamed at all of the multiple In-N-Out receipts I submitted for my expense report...
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
Thank you all for the info contained here. My DD & I are now In&Out converts after our 30 day trip to the US. We had In & Out in Modesto and Oxnard. Yum!!
Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:22 pm

In-N-Out LAX - minimum layover time

Hi,

Going to be flying through LAX this Friday coming up and I'd like to try and make it to In-N-Out between flights. I'm arriving Terminal 2 on Jazz at 10:30 and my next flight on United departs Terminal 7 at 1:42. How much time would be needed to make the trip to In-N-Out either on foot from LAX or with the Parking Spot shuttle ?

Cheers,

CP906
Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I feel your craving! I took a cab through the drivethrough and back. Cost me a lot more than the actual Double Double, but it was worth every penny.

And welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.