Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: M&M
One of the most beautiful FAs that I have ever seen was actually on a KE flight to BKK.
She was not a Korean, but a Thai.
She may not be THE most beautiful FA that I've seen in my 25+years of extensive flying experience of over 60 airlines. But she was still awesome.
Other than that,
I have yet to see good-looking FAs on KE or OZ.
I find them generally friendly and polite, but not beautiful.
I have seen some beautiful FAs on SU,MS, and TG, a few on KL, and several on SQ. Of course, this is my personal taste.

Originally Posted by skchin

Score:
Korean Air: 3
Asiana : 0
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
You've seen one in that state?
I have, as previously mentioned, I have some friends who are FA's. They look completely different in uniform and out. I prefer out of uniform to be honest (as they can style their hair in the way they prefer, rather than one of the pre-set KE styles)
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
I have, as previously mentioned, I have some friends who are FA's. They look completely different in uniform and out. I prefer out of uniform to be honest (as they can style their hair in the way they prefer, rather than one of the pre-set KE styles)
I was picturing "without their uniform" as simply it being removed, not replaced with something else.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Presumably the FAs in the discussion so far are FEMALE? How about male FAs? Any FAs on KE or OZ look like Rain or other K-Pop eye candies?

My girlfriend is asking this question as I am browing FT . Personally I've found female Lufthansa FAs to be very striking and elegant. Qantas is not bad either.

I think I've seen 2 or 3 pretty FAs out of 1000s of US legacy carriers. Sad.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by zilliontw
How about male FAs? Any FAs on KE or OZ look like Rain or other K-Pop eye candies?
Not in my experience.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:11 am

I'm gonna say korean air, their uniform (the new one) is slick. I just flew a total of 2 days (48 hours) on korean air, let just say that between sleeping time, napping time, eating time, and movie watching time, i had nothing else to do but checked out the FA, some of them are really cute.

Someone a few post above asked about the male FA, well, I heard Korean air don't even hire male FA since 1997, those guys are pulled from other division to sub in. And no they don't look that good compare to the ladies FA they had on board... in fact, most people will probably look better than those guys with a designer suit on.

For the most part only 2-3 girls of a whole crew is consider "good/great looking", the rest are average or below average. I can pull all tall asian girl, put on those make up, and uniform and she will fit right in. It just human nature that has a "thing" for uniform.

I wonder how much they're getting paid, it's an awesome job to travel like that, and i heard the acceptance process in korea is quite hard, they must get pay alot.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
On the contrary, pay for FA is quite low. It's the glamour that comes with the job. Scoring a FA wife is considered a trophy in Korean society, at least that's what I've been told.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:07 am

On the contrary, pay for FA is quite low. It's the glamour that comes with the job. Scoring a FA wife is considered a trophy in Korean society, at least that's what I've been told.

i can see how that works .... in all honesty, the "hot" ones on those flight are probably a slight step under super models and they give off the vibe of being very profession, well manner and attentive, all signs of an ideal wife in those culture.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Really? I was told just the opposite. Well, years ago, I was told that KE FA's were considered basically high level "hostesses". I haven't heard that lately, so that must no longer be the case (or the perceived case). But these days every Korean guy that I've asked about FAs says basically says the same thing - they might be good for a girlfriend (especially as a "trophy"), but horrible for a wife. They're away from home many days out of the year, and constantly meeting guys on the plane as part of their job. Thus there's lots of temptation and opportunities to stray. I'm not at all saying that is my perception of a KE FA, just what I've heard Korean men's impression is of them. The age of the men I'm referring to would be middle age and up, so I don't know what young men might think.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by A_Lee
Really? I was told just the opposite. Well, years ago, I was told that KE FA's were considered basically high level "hostesses". I haven't heard that lately, so that must no longer be the case (or the perceived case). But these days every Korean guy that I've asked about FAs says basically says the same thing - they might be good for a girlfriend (especially as a "trophy"), but horrible for a wife. They're away from home many days out of the year, and constantly meeting guys on the plane as part of their job. Thus there's lots of temptation and opportunities to stray. I'm not at all saying that is my perception of a KE FA, just what I've heard Korean men's impression is of them. The age of the men I'm referring to would be middle age and up, so I don't know what young men might think.
they may be meeting alot of men during their flight, but is there a time to get hit on. They're always working during flights, and when they get off the plane they travel in packs (which is a no no for guys to approach), and even if they get approach what the hell are you suppose to have in common with someone who have 0 chance of seeing again...
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
This thread is useless without pics.
+1
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by clockwork247
they may be meeting alot of men during their flight, but is there a time to get hit on. They're always working during flights, and when they get off the plane they travel in packs (which is a no no for guys to approach), and even if they get approach what the hell are you suppose to have in common with someone who have 0 chance of seeing again...
Hmmm, we must not be flying the same planes. Granted for short hops the FA's are pretty busy. Still though I've been on flights where there have been pretty talkative FA's who chat with the passengers they're facing while in their jump seats. For long haul flights the FA's have lots and lots of time in between serving drinks/meals.

I actually dated a KE FA over 20 years ago. I later found out she definitely fit the playgirl type profile. Not that a statistic sample of only one means anything, but it got me interested in the situation to end up asking lots of Korean males about FAs. I've flirted with numerous FA's over the years on various airlines and seen untold numbers of other passengers flirt with FA's. They get business cards / phone numbers all the time from passengers. They have endless opportunities to meet whoever they choose during their layover waiting for the return flight back home. Some of them choose to spend that time in the hotel. Some choose to go out in a group with fellow airline coworkers. Some choose to go native with someone who knows all the ins-and-outs of the location they're visiting.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:12 am

Hmmm, we must not be flying the same planes. Granted for short hops the FA's are pretty busy. Still though I've been on flights where there have been pretty talkative FA's who chat with the passengers they're facing while in their jump seats. For long haul flights the FA's have lots and lots of time in between serving drinks/meals.

I actually dated a KE FA over 20 years ago. I later found out she definitely fit the playgirl type profile. Not that a statistic sample of only one means anything, but it got me interested in the situation to end up asking lots of Korean males about FAs. I've flirted with numerous FA's over the years on various airlines and seen untold numbers of other passengers flirt with FA's. They get business cards / phone numbers all the time from passengers. They have endless opportunities to meet whoever they choose during their layover waiting for the return flight back home. Some of them choose to spend that time in the hotel. Some choose to go out in a group with fellow airline coworkers. Some choose to go native with someone who knows all the ins-and-outs of the location they're visiting.

well, i was 1/2 awake for most of the flight, but the time i wake up the ladies weren't at the jump seat, the only time i saw one over there was when we were about to land, and i'm not sitting any where near the dam seat, useless for me . They seem to be tuck away somewhere on the plane.

I don't speak korean anyways haha, they seem to understand english well though. Plus I was traveling with my mom (OMG!!! forced situation, i had no control over it), i ain't pull any crap in front of her haha.

BTW: any tips on how to get that dam seat in front of the jump seat? I saw some old korean sitting there, and I'm like "hmm i'm not so sure those guys know what to do over there haha".
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:39 am

I meant that on a short flight you can still sometimes get an opportunity to chat with one of the FA's in the jump seat during takeoff/landing, even though they're quite busy during the remainder of the flight. They do not typically sit in those seats that I've seen at other times except for occasionally during heavy turbulence.

Getting a front row seat depends on the airline's policies. I'm not sure what KE's are now. With many airlines though, it's just a matter of showing up early to check-in for the flight and asking for it.

There was once an amusing situation on a KE flight to Manila. I was seated in the front row of the cabin, and next to me was a Filipino man who was working in Korea but returning to his home country. He was seated directly facing a particular FA. The FA said that this was her very first time to fly to a different country. I guess she previously worked domestic flights. So she was quite keen on getting a chance to go around Manila the next day. Anyways, during the flight there was an extended period of turbulence where the FA's were seated in their jump seats. The guy and the FA were chatting quite a bit and it was obvious he was flirting with her. During the final approach, she dropped the hint that she'd like someone who knew Manila to show her around. The guy seemed shocked at first. I'm guessing he was likely married, with maybe even a family waiting for him at the airport. Here he spent the time to flirt with her and ended up with a perfect opportunity. After thinking a bit, he said something like, "well if you pay me for my time, I could show you around or find someone else to". End of conversation. I really had to contain myself from laughing out loud.

If you want to flirt with an FA, make your way to the galley on a night flight when a lot of the passengers are sleeping. The FAs aren't usually busy then and sometimes you can stand there for a long time and chat with them. It helps if it's a plane where the galley and restrooms are in the rear with a lot of space. Just say you're tired of sitting and want to stretch your legs and start up a conversation with them.

Sometimes they're very keen on practicing their English or some other foreign language and so jump at an opportunity to speak with a foreigner. My experience is you're much more likely to have success chatting one of them up as a foreigner than if you were a Korean.

Of course if you're traveling with your mother, that would put a bit of a cramp in your style.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:51 am

I meant that on a short flight you can still sometimes get an opportunity to chat with one of the FA's in the jump seat during takeoff/landing, even though they're quite busy during the remainder of the flight. They do not typically sit in those seats that I've seen at other times except for occasionally during heavy turbulence.

Getting a front row seat depends on the airline's policies. I'm not sure what KE's are now. With many airlines though, it's just a matter of showing up early to check-in for the flight and asking for it.

There was once an amusing situation on a KE flight to Manila. I was seated in the front row of the cabin, and next to me was a Filipino man who was working in Korea but returning to his home country. He was seated directly facing a particular FA. The FA said that this was her very first time to fly to a different country. I guess she previously worked domestic flights. So she was quite keen on getting a chance to go around Manila the next day. Anyways, during the flight there was an extended period of turbulence where the FA's were seated in their jump seats. The guy and the FA were chatting quite a bit and it was obvious he was flirting with her. During the final approach, she dropped the hint that she'd like someone who knew Manila to show her around. The guy seemed shocked at first. I'm guessing he was likely married, with maybe even a family waiting for him at the airport. Here he spent the time to flirt with her and ended up with a perfect opportunity. After thinking a bit, he said something like, "well if you pay me for my time, I could show you around or find someone else to". End of conversation. I really had to contain myself from laughing out loud.

If you want to flirt with an FA, make your way to the galley on a night flight when a lot of the passengers are sleeping. The FAs aren't usually busy then and sometimes you can stand there for a long time and chat with them. It helps if it's a plane where the galley and restrooms are in the rear with a lot of space. Just say you're tired of sitting and want to stretch your legs and start up a conversation with them.

Sometimes they're very keen on practicing their English or some other foreign language and so jump at an opportunity to speak with a foreigner. My experience is you're much more likely to have success chatting one of them up as a foreigner than if you were a Korean.

Of course if you're traveling with your mother, that would put a bit of a cramp in your style.
that's some great suggestion there haha, flying noobs like me have much to learn .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.