Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by skchin
FA in Korean legacy is highly admired and desirable for marriage potentials. Can you imagine your wife treating you like a first class customer?
I agree that FA's are highly admired in Korea. But absolutely not desirable for marriage from the comments I've received from numerous Korean males. They would die to have an FA as a girlfriend, but never as a wife. Not sure if the Korean males I've spoken to though are representative of Korean males as a whole or not. Obviously some do marry FA's, being I know some of the FA's are married. I've personally dated a KE FA many years ago, and just like all the KE FA's, was very well groomed, attractive, and well-educated. She was also though a big flirt when out in public with guys gawking at her. I just couldn't though see myself marrying her or another FA who may take to the skies a hundred times a year, having all sorts of guys constantly hitting on her. There's bound to be a lot of temptation there for a young woman when a wealthy/handsome/powerful/famous man starts hitting on her.

Here's an interesting article in today's Korea Herald about Korean FA's and some comparisons between KE, OZ, and international carriers. Perhaps an interesting read for anyone interested in this thread

The incredibly competitive Korean Air is notorious on the rumor mill for taking looks very seriously, in particular requiring women to be extremely slim. Korean airlines also tend to have an unspoken lower age ceiling, cutting off recruitment at around age 30.
Personally, I think KE goes too far in their strict requirements about personal looks. For service, I'd take an OZ FA anyday over a KE FA.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
It looks like they select only the attractive Korean women to work in the INC airport stores also. They dont seem much interested in foreigners.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by smith80678
It looks like they select only the attractive Korean women to work in the INC airport stores also. They dont seem much interested in foreigners.
What kind of interest?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold

If these foreigners look like Johnny Depp or David Beckham, they will surely be interested.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrider101
If these foreigners look like Johnny Depp or David Beckham, they will surely be interested.
haha
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
According to that article their career ends around 30 - so one in the late twenties would be ready to settle down.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
KE hands down. Commercials are pretty foxy too!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
According to that article their career ends around 30 - so one in the late twenties would be ready to settle down.
I read it that the recruitment (when they start their career) is limited to those 30 and below. I don't know if there's a limit or not to age after they've been hired. I don't fly KE much, but I know on OZ I've seen some cabin managers who look to be way past that age. I'm actually surprised the recruitment age limit is so high. I know of one woman who was applying to be an FA with Emirates and she was told the cut-off was 26 with them.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
http://recruit.koreanair.co.kr/

I haven't seen anywhere on this site that you need to be under 30....
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Maybe 30 is the unspoken age. You won't see older FAs because management will let you know when you are too old or gets married.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by A_Lee
I read it that the recruitment (when they start their career) is limited to those 30 and below. I don't know if there's a limit or not to age after they've been hired. I don't fly KE much, but I know on OZ I've seen some cabin managers who look to be way past that age. I'm actually surprised the recruitment age limit is so high. I know of one woman who was applying to be an FA with Emirates and she was told the cut-off was 26 with them.

I just came back from ICN-IAD KE J class, and in business class, we had 4 stewardesses and 1 male cabin manager. cabin manager looked like he was in his 50s, while 2 out of 4 stew. looked in late 30s early 40s. other 2 looked late 20s and early 30s.

I bet for these longer hauls, you have the veterans serving "expensive" flyers.

too bad, because i am in my late 20s, and would have loved to chatted with young 20s
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by sunrider101
I just came back from ICN-IAD KE J class, and in business class, we had 4 stewardesses and 1 male cabin manager. cabin manager looked like he was in his 50s, while 2 out of 4 stew. looked in late 30s early 40s. other 2 looked late 20s and early 30s.

I bet for these longer hauls, you have the veterans serving "expensive" flyers.

too bad, because i am in my late 20s, and would have loved to chatted with young 20s
That is probably because most people who fly J are in their 40s or 50s, so those FA would look "Young" to them
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:25 pm

I think KE they only hires men from their ground staff to be FAs, but females from the general public. Maybe to do them a favor or fill in shortages. That is why it is out of proportion age-wise, etc..http://thegrandnarrative.com/tag/korean-air/
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
there's some exceptional pressure for many Korean girls to get married by the time they are 28. And many women once married leave the workforce.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
...reminds me of a flight SIN-LAX in SQ J,
but the same could have been occurred on KE/OZ...

The mature and pleasant american businesswoman
seated next to me was looking around after pre-flight drinks
were served, and whispered to me..

"what do you think they do with the older ones?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.