Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 1:56 pm

I'll take any of KARA over any American Asian actress.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by sunrider101
Originally Posted by Ducati
That's complete nonsense. You don't know what you're talking about.
Yes i was generalizing, but look at the "models" and "talents" on korean TV. you don't see too many traditional looking asian girls :

aka shorter build
more protruding cheek bones
rounder face

You look at so called asian "stars" in hollywood movies, like Lucy Lu or Grace Park, both are very pretty and hot in my view (just because i been living in the States and i find that more attractive than stick figures in Korean TV), but they aren't what is popular in S. Korea.
So, you're also going to tell me that Korean men prefer curly hair too? (I won't mention other European traits that are usually not desirable Asia; I don't want to offend anyone.) And, why would you think whatever trait these Asian men allegedly look for in Asian women are necessarily those of Europeans? That's like saying European men like European women who look more Indian because the men like tanned skin and straight hair.

And, you mentioned "traditional looking asian girls." Is that similar to traditional Europeans?

Last edited by Ducati; May 9, 2012 at 11:49 pm
Old May 11, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
On my recent four segment flt with KE, one thing that stood out to me was the size of its FAs. Yes, size. Slim. They all seemed to have come out of the same mold. I've even commented to my wife about it and she agreed, even though I didn't get any miles with her. On the last leg I was tempted to ask if KE pre-screens prospective FAs for specific measurements.
On another note, there were couple matrons that looked like they had some flights under their belt. They looked older than me, wrong side of average lifespan, and I don't wear make up.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Those are the male FAs
Old May 11, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
So, you're also going to tell me that Korean men prefer curly hair too? (I won't mention other European traits that are usually not desirable Asia; I don't want to offend anyone.) And, why would you think whatever trait these Asian men allegedly look for in Asian women are necessarily those of Europeans? That's like saying European men like European women who look more Indian because the men like tanned skin and straight hair.

And, you mentioned "traditional looking asian girls." Is that similar to traditional Europeans?

You are missing the point. Instead of condescending to overanalyze everything just to prove a point, you should look it in a big picture.

I think its pretty safe to assume that s. Korea is one of leading nations in... plastic surgery. If you ask young people around here, they are so obsessed with looking "right", almost to a point where as posters here point out that many just look really really similar. So what kind of surgeries do they get?

1) most prevalent one is double eyelid (and yes this is more prevalent in white ppl). Asians generally do not have double eyelids naturally.

2) higher nose bridge. also a prevalent trait in white ppl (i won't push this to jewish level )

3) sharper chin (they call it "ang yak surgery"), making their face structure more elongated rather than rounder, which is also being closer to white facial structure than "traditional" korean ones.

4) calves muscle reduction.

Let's be clear on this, too. You can't judge countries in Asia, especially Korea and probably Japan based on how you see things in Europe. Here, the notion of unified singular bloodline, singular heretical culture is not only prevalent but also important. If you look different, then you are almost to a point "wrong". and if whats popular is looking like westerner, then everyone (generalizing) will attempt to imitate that look, regardless of what you were born with.

Finally, as i have mentioned myself, who lived in the States for long time, i appreciate beauty as it is, and find Grace Park and Lucy Liu attractive. I am sure there are plenty of men in S. Korea who also find them pretty as well. What i meant was that you don't see too many of these types of Korean TV, because they aren't as popular or desired as the ones that look more... can't find better word for it. westernized.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
In flying lots of airlines I think the hottest FAs are on Emirates. They do a LOT of hiring in Korea (and Japan and China), as well as all over Europe and Canada.

The Koreans I see on Emirates are nearly an exact mould of the Koreans you see on KE/OZ.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
In flying lots of airlines I think the hottest FAs are on Emirates. They do a LOT of hiring in Korea (and Japan and China), as well as all over Europe and Canada.

The Koreans I see on Emirates are nearly an exact mould of the Koreans you see on KE/OZ.
Many, if not most, of the Korean flight attendants attend some sort of flight attendant school for a couple years before applying for a job with KE, OZ, or another airline. The FA jobs are extremely competitive, and without that specialized training, their chances of landing a job are much slimmer. Many of these FA schools are part of a traditional Korean university, but I believe the degree program for an FA are often only two years, rather than four years. But not really sure how much that varies from one school to another. Anyways, part of the FA program is that the students are required to wear FA uniforms, some of which are VERY KEish (excuse my coining a new word). A big part of the program is that they learn all about personal grooming and how to fit into that mold. They are even tested/scored on it. The KE FA is the standard in these schools and the instructors know what KE is looking for and the students are molded to that standard. Well, that's what I've been told by my KE FA friends.

So it's no wonder that Korean FAs on other airlines will also look very much like the KE/OZ FA's. It seems that most of the FA students dream of getting a job with KE, but those who don't make it settle for OZ, or as a third choice, some foreign airline. I'm not saying they all choose those airlines in that order, but in general that seems to be the pecking order.

Education to Koreans is extremely important. Whereas in a western country an FA may very well not receive any formal training other than some sort of course given by the airline in advance of starting service on an aircraft, Koreans will formally study in order to get such a job. So it's no wonder that they are in demand by Emirates and other such airlines. IMHO, the FA schools in Korea do perhaps the best job in the world in preparing FAs who will be very service oriented. About the only drawback is sometimes their English isn't up to the level of western FAs or FAs from countries where English is a second language.

Last edited by A_Lee; May 12, 2012 at 9:20 pm
Old May 13, 2012, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by sunrider101
You are missing the point. Instead of condescending to overanalyze everything just to prove a point, you should look it in a big picture.

I think its pretty safe to assume that s. Korea is one of leading nations in... plastic surgery. If you ask young people around here, they are so obsessed with looking "right", almost to a point where as posters here point out that many just look really really similar. So what kind of surgeries do they get?

1) most prevalent one is double eyelid (and yes this is more prevalent in white ppl). Asians generally do not have double eyelids naturally.

2) higher nose bridge. also a prevalent trait in white ppl (i won't push this to jewish level )

3) sharper chin (they call it "ang yak surgery"), making their face structure more elongated rather than rounder, which is also being closer to white facial structure than "traditional" korean ones.

4) calves muscle reduction.

Let's be clear on this, too. You can't judge countries in Asia, especially Korea and probably Japan based on how you see things in Europe. Here, the notion of unified singular bloodline, singular heretical culture is not only prevalent but also important. If you look different, then you are almost to a point "wrong". and if whats popular is looking like westerner, then everyone (generalizing) will attempt to imitate that look, regardless of what you were born with.

Finally, as i have mentioned myself, who lived in the States for long time, i appreciate beauty as it is, and find Grace Park and Lucy Liu attractive. I am sure there are plenty of men in S. Korea who also find them pretty as well. What i meant was that you don't see too many of these types of Korean TV, because they aren't as popular or desired as the ones that look more... can't find better word for it. westernized.
You should probably stop with your ignorant and racist posts. What makes you think only Europeans have these traits you just mentioned? Double eyelids? You think Koreans don't have these? Lol. Ever thought that the Koreans who don't have them want them because other Koreans have them? And only Europeans have these? Africans? Indians? They don't have them? Higher nose bridge? Koreans dont have this? Trust me Koreans dont want their noses to look like those of the Europeans. And, like I said before, I won't stoop down to your level and mention all of the "European" traits that are not definitely NOT desirable in East Asia.

I will end it here. Obviously, you have a twisted view of Koreans, and you should keep those to yourself from this point forward.

Last edited by Ducati; May 13, 2012 at 12:47 am
Old May 13, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: KE MC
Double eyelids? You think Koreans don't have these? Lol. Ever thought that the Koreans who don't have them want them because other Koreans have them?
+1

I believe the double eyelid surgery phenomenon in Korea is due to societal pressure from other Koreans who have double eyelids, not due to conforming to white/European standards of beauty. Therefore, many Korean-Americans do not get this surgery, whereas, the surgery is a birthday present from many Korean parents to their daughters.

The ideal of exotic beauty is highly regarded within Koreans but I believe certain differences still exist. For example, clear and white skin is highly prized in Korea and dark/tanned skin (ala Grace Park) is definitely NOT (although there has been some changing of attitudes).
Old May 13, 2012, 11:16 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This thread is not in keeping with FlyerTalk's rules on respect. It's time to close this.

l'etoile
senior moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.