Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Studio54
That's great! Never thought of it like that! Come to think of it some of the FA's do look a little bit young....
At least they're not jailbait...
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL FO, was TG silver but didn't understand
While talking with my bartender while in Incheon yesterday, I said I was flying Korean Air. Her immediate response was that they're so beautiful. And thin and nice.

Such different attitudes in Asia.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by retaj
While talking with my bartender while in Incheon yesterday, I said I was flying Korean Air. Her immediate response was that they're so beautiful. And thin and nice.

I would have to agree with her assessment.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL FO, was TG silver but didn't understand
Originally Posted by Air Houston
I would have to agree with her assessment.
I should have asked her the title of this thread!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by retaj

You should have asked about OZ FAs...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
TLV is in the Middle East, and directly north of it is Russia, which is in Europe.
Those are both true-though Russia is also in Asia as well (but you are right that the part of Russia immediately north of Israel is European Russia). Also true, is that the Middle East is part of Asia.

Here is a guide as to what constitutes Asia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Commercials aside, maybe this will help you decide:

Asiana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knsoP...eature=related
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A--4kezC5E

Korean Air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkK_DWj4VM
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aQIknMXIdQ
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sunrider101

Wonder why UA, CO, AA can't follow suit
Labor have distorted the market. Seniority on US airlines is with longevity, so hard to move
Jobs. Results in grumpies that can't move jobs without demotion and a company that can't inject new blood. The opposite of how beauty distorts the job market.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:06 am

I noticed, personally, that Asiana FAs are more friendly than the Korean Air FAs.

Maybe it's just the crew that i have had interactions with before.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rampo
I now specify Korean beer as too often I was getting a Budweiser as the default beer presumably because I'm non-Asian.

FYI, on my most recent ICN-BKK flight, there was a Thai KE FA who was one of the most beautiful women that I've even seen.
You sure it was a woman or a transgender person, they have many in Thailand.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
I think someone has been reading or watching the news lately!

Last edited by smith80678; Apr 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
KE FAs don't look that good. I always see them in hotels and they're pretty plain. It's also really hard to squeeze out a good conversation going with them. For someone who travels the world, I was hoping there was at least SOMETHING amazing they could tell me about.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:56 pm

Yes, imagine how nice it would be to encounter a Delta FA in a hotel.....hehe!

Last edited by smith80678; Apr 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I've recently made several new friends who are stewardesses in Korea, and at first the KE stewardesses do seem very stand-offish to strangers they meet in public. But I have to say that when you get to know them, they really are quite different. KE's standards are also much higher than the other Korea based airlines, and especially with regard to English. I wouldn't call any of them 'plain' or even close to being 'plain', whereas I could see that term being applied to some of the OZ FA's.

Anyways, if it came down to choosing a flight with KE or OZ FA's, I'd still choose OZ, hands down. But if I was to choose one to date or be friends with, in general I'd likely choose a KE FA, being their better English and being more attractive (if attractiveness was important to me).

In knowing several FA's in person, none of them seem to really be top-notch as far as academics go, and I don't think any of the airlines concentrate on that, beyond English ability. After English, other important qualities are that they are friendly and service oriented. Age, physical characteristics, grooming, etc. are all very important, especially with KE.

Even though I dated a KE stewardess many years ago, I guess I didn't have all that high of an opinion of them in recent years based on strictly public interaction as strangers. But after becoming friends, I have a much better opinion now. I guess it doesn't hurt that I'm switching some of my travels to KE, and planning some vacations together with one of the FA's.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smith80678
I think someone has been reading or watching the news latey!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.