FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who is sexier: Korean Air or Asiana Flight Attendants?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:39 am
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I meant that on a short flight you can still sometimes get an opportunity to chat with one of the FA's in the jump seat during takeoff/landing, even though they're quite busy during the remainder of the flight. They do not typically sit in those seats that I've seen at other times except for occasionally during heavy turbulence.

Getting a front row seat depends on the airline's policies. I'm not sure what KE's are now. With many airlines though, it's just a matter of showing up early to check-in for the flight and asking for it.

There was once an amusing situation on a KE flight to Manila. I was seated in the front row of the cabin, and next to me was a Filipino man who was working in Korea but returning to his home country. He was seated directly facing a particular FA. The FA said that this was her very first time to fly to a different country. I guess she previously worked domestic flights. So she was quite keen on getting a chance to go around Manila the next day. Anyways, during the flight there was an extended period of turbulence where the FA's were seated in their jump seats. The guy and the FA were chatting quite a bit and it was obvious he was flirting with her. During the final approach, she dropped the hint that she'd like someone who knew Manila to show her around. The guy seemed shocked at first. I'm guessing he was likely married, with maybe even a family waiting for him at the airport. Here he spent the time to flirt with her and ended up with a perfect opportunity. After thinking a bit, he said something like, "well if you pay me for my time, I could show you around or find someone else to". End of conversation. I really had to contain myself from laughing out loud.

If you want to flirt with an FA, make your way to the galley on a night flight when a lot of the passengers are sleeping. The FAs aren't usually busy then and sometimes you can stand there for a long time and chat with them. It helps if it's a plane where the galley and restrooms are in the rear with a lot of space. Just say you're tired of sitting and want to stretch your legs and start up a conversation with them.

Sometimes they're very keen on practicing their English or some other foreign language and so jump at an opportunity to speak with a foreigner. My experience is you're much more likely to have success chatting one of them up as a foreigner than if you were a Korean.

Of course if you're traveling with your mother, that would put a bit of a cramp in your style.