The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Do you ever need the physical original COVID Vaccine card?

Do you ever need the physical original COVID Vaccine card? I've got pictures, but have misplaced it. Do I absolutely need to either locate it or get a new one made or am I ok with the images I have of them?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Originally Posted by Braswch
Do you ever need the physical original COVID Vaccine card? I've got pictures, but have misplaced it. Do I absolutely need to either locate it or get a new one made or am I ok with the images I have of them?

Thanks!
Asiana did not ask for the vax card when we checked in. The agent was more focused on our PCR test making sure we have all the required information in there. Other airlines may differ so YMMV on this one.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Asiana did not ask for the vax card when we checked in. The agent was more focused on our PCR test making sure we have all the required information in there. Other airlines may differ so YMMV on this one.
Also, I think I just read too that the unvaccinated no longer need to quarantine, so seems even without proof of vaccine the process might not be any different now.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question

When applying for the Q-code, is it possible to pre-fill out the information, and then add the test results later? I've spent time adding all my passport and accommodation information, but I can't seem to get past Step 6 because I have no test result to upload (yet). But there wasn't a place where I 'created' an account to sign in and go back to after I have test results. Did I just waste my time trying to do it early? Do you only fill out the whole Q-code process once you have the results? It won't let me go beyond Step 6. It just keeps asking for a test date. But when I put the date (next week) it says the test date must be before the present date.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Paella747
When applying for the Q-code, is it possible to pre-fill out the information, and then add the test results later? I've spent time adding all my passport and accommodation information, but I can't seem to get past Step 6 because I have no test result to upload (yet). But there wasn't a place where I 'created' an account to sign in and go back to after I have test results. Did I just waste my time trying to do it early? Do you only fill out the whole Q-code process once you have the results? It won't let me go beyond Step 6. It just keeps asking for a test date. But when I put the date (next week) it says the test date must be before the present date.
You can't move past step 6, but you can access all that pre-loaded info by going to the "input result" page and put in your passport and email, then click "view the details of your inputs" then go to "modify" on the next page and you can page through back to page 6 once you get your results. The page is accessible 2 days before you travel.
Paella747 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by seigex
You can't move past step 6, but you can access all that pre-loaded info by going to the "input result" page and put in your passport and email, then click "view the details of your inputs" then go to "modify" on the next page and you can page through back to page 6 once you get your results. The page is accessible 2 days before you travel.
Thanks so much (again!)! Will give it a go after my test next week!
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Just got back from Seoul. When we checked in at Asiana yesterday, the only thing they asked was our attestation. It was smooth as in prepandemic. Asiana's website already had the updated COVID test info. This is just an FYI for anybody wondering.
kevincrumbs, LETTERBOY and seigex like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:50 pm

Does anyone know if Korea accepts the eMed Navica antigen test for entry intro Korea? I would definitely prefer to do this at home if possible.

Also, for someone who say, got COVID within the last month or two before traveling to Korea, is there some option to present a letter of recovery from a doctor or something to be exempt from testing on arrival? I understand some people will continue to test PCR+ for months so the test doesn't really make sense.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:11 pm

???? Do I have to have a passport photo taken for K-ETA??? I thought I just had to enter information and pay the fee?

edit: Nevermind. I see with I can take a photo with the app.

Last edited by elcasar; Jun 14, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:24 am

Are you not able to reserve the test at Incheon more than one month in advance of your travel?

Also, If I'm supposed to land at 17:35, what time should I schedule my test? I will have to go through passport control and pick up my bags and present q code first, correct?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by elcasar
Are you not able to reserve the test at Incheon more than one month in advance of your travel?

Also, If I'm supposed to land at 17:35, what time should I schedule my test? I will have to go through passport control and pick up my bags and present q code first, correct?
The situation is changing from earlier anecdotal accounts.

Back in May, when visitors were fewer, many reported they booked the appointment for 60-75 min past scheduled arrival time - and every one of them beat their appointment thanks to their q code letting them breeze through customs. If you beat your appointment, it just becomes first come, first served - they don't force you to wait until appointment time.

June changed to a bit more of a cluster..... More summer visitors; more arrival flights; more jumbo jets deplaning 250 people at a time within minutes of each other. Slight confusion at testing site because there's one line to pay and a different line to nasal swab. Taking some pressure off though from this increase in arrivals is the expanded window for arrival testing to 3 days, so enough passengers will get discouraged by any lines at the airport (they're jetlagged, hungry, irritable) and opt to test somewhere in the city instead.

For your arrival time, I might book it for 18:30 assuming you have q code. Avoid T2 if you can because supposedly they take dinner breaks, while at T1 they take no breaks.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
I am having problems entering my Korean address in Qcode. Any version of my hotel, Plaza Seoul, new and old postcodes just cones up blank.

Last time somehow I randomly typed in something and got an address, I then edited as far as possible and it was no problem.

Anyone have a solution or a hotel address that worked ?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by elcasar
Does anyone know if Korea accepts the eMed Navica antigen test for entry intro Korea? I would definitely prefer to do this at home if possible.

Also, for someone who say, got COVID within the last month or two before traveling to Korea, is there some option to present a letter of recovery from a doctor or something to be exempt from testing on arrival? I understand some people will continue to test PCR+ for months so the test doesn't really make sense.
Korea doesn't care that you got it weeks ago, if that PCR is positive on arrival - prepare to be sent off to a facility for 7 days. They only accept recovery letters if you got it in Korea within 40 days.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Korea doesn't care that you got it weeks ago, if that PCR is positive on arrival - prepare to be sent off to a facility for 7 days. They only accept recovery letters if you got it in Korea within 40 days.
Are you stating that based on personal experience or the experience of someone you know? I asked the concierge at the hotel where I plan to stay and they spoke with the health department who replied that such cases would be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As someone who had a positive PCR test on arrival in Korea last month and spent 7 days in their covid facility I assure you that there is NOTHING except maybe a last chance to see an immediate family member before they pass worth risking testing positive in Korea.
LETTERBOY and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.