FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The South Korea COVID-19 thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:48 pm
Andrew Kim

Originally Posted by elcasar
Are you not able to reserve the test at Incheon more than one month in advance of your travel?

Also, If I'm supposed to land at 17:35, what time should I schedule my test? I will have to go through passport control and pick up my bags and present q code first, correct?
The situation is changing from earlier anecdotal accounts.

Back in May, when visitors were fewer, many reported they booked the appointment for 60-75 min past scheduled arrival time - and every one of them beat their appointment thanks to their q code letting them breeze through customs. If you beat your appointment, it just becomes first come, first served - they don't force you to wait until appointment time.

June changed to a bit more of a cluster..... More summer visitors; more arrival flights; more jumbo jets deplaning 250 people at a time within minutes of each other. Slight confusion at testing site because there's one line to pay and a different line to nasal swab. Taking some pressure off though from this increase in arrivals is the expanded window for arrival testing to 3 days, so enough passengers will get discouraged by any lines at the airport (they're jetlagged, hungry, irritable) and opt to test somewhere in the city instead.

For your arrival time, I might book it for 18:30 assuming you have q code. Avoid T2 if you can because supposedly they take dinner breaks, while at T1 they take no breaks.