Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
I cheered too early. Been sitting duck for about 30 minutes as there was no ground crew to load the luggage.

The gate push notification from the KLM app was just as late. Boarding started 20h35 and completed some 20 minutes later. Notification came around 21:15, at the same time as the ground crew.

coincidence? i think not.

Edit: 1 hour of sitting duck, of which 30 minutes past SDT. Could've been worse, like the plane where they left without luggage the other day posted by someone else.

Last edited by b12e; Jun 25, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dubistokay
And does ST E+ held with another ST airline (ITA) give access to priority security?
Yes. Having ElitePlus status on the boarding pass or the valid card should get the E+ access to the priority security line when flying a SkyTeam airline out of AMS.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by b12e
KL's schengen lounge feels deserted. This is typically the busy area, but even one of the KL staff said "this pasta looks disgusting " ("ziet er niet uit") so there's that.
pasta or place?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
As far as I am aware this is a DL Skymiles benefit, but not a KLM or Flying Blue one. The times that I've travelled with colleagues this was definitely not the case.
At AMS I used to ask at checkin for putting SP on my family's BP's. Usually no problem.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
For those having the opportunity and wish to evade Schiphol:

Aegean (A3) has started to operate 2x p/week (Thu/Sun) the route Athens - Eindhoven vv.
https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...dhoven-airport It arrives back late in Athens though.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by lindros2
pasta or place?
pasta. As in nobody in his right mind would eat it and come sit in the food section for it.
lindros2, wrp96 and atflyer like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by b12e
pasta. As in nobody in his right mind would eat it and come sit in the food section for it.
a.u.b.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Having not transited AMS, I was hoping for some help navigating our transfer wondering about security or passport control, etc. There's actually 2 separate itineraries, one for wife and I, and one for our friend.

Wife and I, flying KLM FLR-AMS-DUB in coach. Have 1:40 layover.

Friend flying KLM FLR-AMS-SEA in coach. She has 1:35 layover.

A little nervous about our transfer times as I am unsure following this thread if most of the congestion is for travelers getting through checkin and security, or airside where we'll be. Thanks for any help/advice, and fingers crossed our flights don't get changed/canceled prior to.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Most of congestion is at security, which you will not go through, and at times at entering passport control. You will only go through exit control, which should leave you with comfortable transfers.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Jed33d
Having not transited AMS, I was hoping for some help navigating our transfer wondering about security or passport control, etc. There's actually 2 separate itineraries, one for wife and I, and one for our friend.

Wife and I, flying KLM FLR-AMS-DUB in coach. Have 1:40 layover.

Friend flying KLM FLR-AMS-SEA in coach. She has 1:35 layover.

If I am right both including Ireland are Schengen -> non Schengen and you will have to pass immigration airside. As Fabo said most of the problems are with security landside -> airside. So this also should work. I have seen long lines at times there but don't think this would have been > 1 hour. If for some reason there is this incredible queue even for immigration, gently asking if you can pass here and there due to your connection hopefully will work.

This of course assuming flights are not delayed, but that is a regular risk. And KLM has duty of care so that implies rebooking and so on.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Having flown so much, my experience at international transit is still limited. Flying LAX-AMS-MXP (business) on USA passport. Luggage checked through. Transit time (mid-August) is 1 hour 10 minutes. So that means only Schengen passport entry, no security, no problem?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by sbrower
Having flown so much, my experience at international transit is still limited. Flying LAX-AMS-MXP (business) on USA passport. Luggage checked through. Transit time (mid-August) is 1 hour 10 minutes. So that means only Schengen passport entry, no security, no problem?
Well, the good news is that at least you won't miss the long flight...
atflyer likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: Avios
We are here right now Sunday 8.30am and the times

From drop off outside to sit down at gate is around 2 hrs. Not great but not a complete disaster. Lines are epic but they do keep moving.
Xandrios, wrp96, AnaTFN and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
For those having the opportunity and wish to evade Schiphol:

Aegean (A3) has started to operate 2x p/week (Thu/Sun) the route Athens - Eindhoven vv.
https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...dhoven-airport It arrives back late in Athens though.
Dutch press is reporting massive queues in Eindhoven airport.... https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/2291...dhoven-airport
Xandrios, HadesNL, nk15 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Wife reported this morning arriving from BRU with the first EU flight of the day no one at passport control for transit to non-Schengen (expected). Only one K-Mar booth open though. Some announcements were made for PAX transiting to non-EU to rush to their gate (they landed at 7:00 and there were connecting PAX on DL’s early morning to ATL).

Interestingly they made an announcement at BRU while still at the gate saying that they were waiting for about 25% of the passengers and delaying the departure by 15 min to accommodate them (BRU was very busy this morning around 5). They did wait, but no one actually showed up and they departed anyway.

t’s a delicate balance for crews and control at the moment to balance between PAX not boarding on time, losing departure slots, delaying PAX that boarded on time etc. And for once (baring the occasional strike), kind of the airport’s fault, not the airline?
Xandrios and nk15 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.