Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:45 am

That is BS. Should of shut-down my account prior to converting...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by VolareOooCantareOoo
You can still shut down... I just did it.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:05 am

Have you called Barclays to confirm?

The rep I spoke to said that the account was already transferred to Barclays. I have a $15,000 credit line on it (I know, foolish); don't know if I want to take a hit like that (deadline to reallocate credit to another card has passed).

I would totally get the Jetblue Plus card if I could get my hands on the sign-up bonus.

Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
You can still shut down... I just did it.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Am I unable to PC this to a no-fee version and then sign up for the $99/year card? Either business or personal. Unsure about how barclay cards work, tho i do know some cobranded cards don't allow you to carry no AF/AF cards simultaneoulsy.

I would've closed if I didn't have this card for 8 years now...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:15 am

I don't think SBM has confirmed that you can't complete a separate application and get the 30k bonus for the Plus or Business. My understanding was just that if you upgrade the conversion card, you won't be eligible. Based on other Barclays cards, I would be surprised if you're never eligible for a bonus on a JetBlue card just because you had a card convert.

I also think it's too late to cancel the Amex card and avoid the conversion card, even if you're able to shut down the Amex card.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Yes, you should have. :-:
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:55 am

I canceled my AMEX back in December and when trying to apply for the card today I got a message saying I was ineligible because I am already a current AMEX card holder and would be transferred over.

I canceled for this exact reason! Any suggestions on what to do or am i SOL?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:56 am

Have you called Barclays to confirm?

The rep I spoke to said that the account was already transferred to Barclays. I have a $15,000 credit line on it (I know, foolish); don't know if I want to take a hit like that (deadline to reallocate credit to another card has passed).

I would totally get the Jetblue Plus card if I could get my hands on the sign-up bonus.
The deadline to cancel without being transferred is the 18th. I would assume that the Barclays reps have no idea what they're talking about until after that date.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:19 am

Here is the response from AMEX:
"If you cancel your account on or prior to March 17, 2016, you may still receive a card and account information from Barclays, but your account will not be converted over and you will not be able activate the BarclaysCard"

Gray area for sure.

Called Barclays (same info SBM provided):
AMEX converts will not be eligible to receive any sign-up bonus, either on the Jetblue Card or Jetblue Plus Card (did not ask about Business card; I am guessing it is a separate product, but who knows).

In the T&C for the Jetblue Card from Barclays:
"The primary cardmember will earn thirty thousand (30,000) bonus TrueBlue points after you spend $1,000 in Net Purchases on your Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and your annual fee has been paid. This one-time bonus points offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited-time offer and may be canceled at any time without notice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your TrueBlue account after qualifying transactions have posted."

Originally Posted by okposo21
The deadline to cancel without being transferred is the 18th. I would assume that the Barclays reps have no idea what they're talking about until after that date.
I don't know if I should close my AMEX Jetblue (15,000) account... Bah timing is everything!

Last edited by VolareOooCantareOoo; Mar 10, 2016 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:43 am

Thanks so much for the update! I have been checking the website daily to find out when new customers will get access to the cards (I cancelled my Amex months ago).
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just applied for the Plus card for me and my wife. Both instantly approved. Neither of us had the AMEX version in the past.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:02 am

Where is everyone applying for the card? I can't find an application link?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:06 am

Google and you'll find the link. Definitely doesn't look good for existing cardmembers even if you cancel the card now. Looks like the data dump happened at some point in the past and it automatically rejects any application if you had the card at that time.

Last edited by dukie570; Mar 10, 2016 at 11:25 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by escapefromnyc004
Where is everyone applying for the card? I can't find an application link?
Jetblue Card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...rid=PTRBAPTROT

Jetblue Plus Card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...=7&referrerid=

Last edited by VolareOooCantareOoo; Mar 10, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:03 pm

I canceled my AMEX back in December and I was rejected this morning. I was told I would automatically be transfered to the new card since I am "an existing account holder." But I'm not! It's very frustrating, and no one seems to know what's going on.

I called Barclaycard. They said they received information from AMEX about who is an existing account holder, and they must not have closed my account properly. American Express then said my account is completely canceled and they haven't sent anything to Barclaycard yet and they won't until 3/21 (which I don't believe because this changeover can't happen over night). AMEX said Jetblue must have sent info to Barclaycard directly. Currently, I am trying that avenue... but I'm sensing that I will soon complete the circle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.