FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:19 am
VolareOooCantareOoo

Here is the response from AMEX:
"If you cancel your account on or prior to March 17, 2016, you may still receive a card and account information from Barclays, but your account will not be converted over and you will not be able activate the BarclaysCard"

Gray area for sure.

Called Barclays (same info SBM provided):
AMEX converts will not be eligible to receive any sign-up bonus, either on the Jetblue Card or Jetblue Plus Card (did not ask about Business card; I am guessing it is a separate product, but who knows).

In the T&C for the Jetblue Card from Barclays:
"The primary cardmember will earn thirty thousand (30,000) bonus TrueBlue points after you spend $1,000 in Net Purchases on your Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and your annual fee has been paid. This one-time bonus points offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited-time offer and may be canceled at any time without notice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your TrueBlue account after qualifying transactions have posted."

Originally Posted by okposo21
The deadline to cancel without being transferred is the 18th. I would assume that the Barclays reps have no idea what they're talking about until after that date.
I don't know if I should close my AMEX Jetblue (15,000) account... Bah timing is everything!

Last edited by VolareOooCantareOoo; Mar 10, 2016 at 10:35 am