Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by corky
I just got an email re: my flight tomorrow from jfk-lax with menu. It does look like the May menu repeated . Very unexciting
Doesn't the email just link to the same webpage that hasn't been updated — I suspect your menu tomorrow will be different than the April/May rotation
corky and logicalrealist like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
& reviews

rotating snack: “breadsticks”, dry, sad. JetBlue, stop serving this.

Burrata: very good but served 10-15° too cold. Recommendation: this may be your appetizer, but let it sit and eat later.

Chicken: dry, sauce saves it and makes it quite good.

Lamb ragu: surprisingly good, comfort food.

gelato: it’s raspberry and gelato, you are probably going to be happy. I had to let it soften for 5 minutes before I could eat it.

Last edited by logicalrealist; Jul 15, 2022 at 8:38 pm Reason: Noticed an autocorrect issue
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks for the posting the menu.. Hopefully its a good quality burrata. Overall a disappointment of a menu for me as I hate raspberry sauce. Would take any fruit but peach or raspberry to go on/with the gelato. Also, I dont get how one entre isnt Veg. Run a fish, chicken and Veg or fish, beef, veg, etc etc but one should be veg. I'll eat the fish and i dont mind chicken but its never good on a plane. Cant do the beef. Veg stuff i.e. pasta always heats well on a plane. Or even a risotto. So I'm going Fluke & the first 2 items. I am def more looking forward to my Asian Veg AA special meal on the outbound and knowing i will get a sundae, cheese plate and hopefully the 3rd dessert is the sticky toffee cake.

Really weak effort on the breadsticks thats pretty bad. They did have some warm rolls from a basket right? At least they have cap and expresso.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jun 6, 2022 at 6:39 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Here it is. & yes it is sad that it is somehow more achievable for JetBlue to print these and work with caterers than to put them online.

Agreed. Ridiculous its not updated online. How come B6 doesnt do special meals like Asian Veg or Hindu? I cant find them. Its just straight Vegan or Plane eats which I heard is bad. I suppose I could order the Vegan one but then ask to have some items off the regular menu i.e. burrata & fluke b/c they cater so much extra on B6 I believe someone posted above. The few x I have done Mint I landed so hungry so maybe this would be a way to get more to eat.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:19 pm

Just realized I cant even decide if I want to do the Veg special order which is avail for domestic Mint b/c its still showing May. I dont know what June options would even be.

Btw, how is their champagne? I think the few times I did Mint I just got the signature cocktail, which was pretty good.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:51 am

Ok look we get it — you've posted ~10x in this thread about how much better AA is (I think most of us regular B6 flyers on here have different opinions which is fine) — so why not just fly them and save yourself all the stress over a menu? Even if you snagged a cheap Mint fare it doesn't really feel worth it given all the pre-departure worrying it appears to be causing...

Also for everyone else who's wondering — June/July menus are finally up: https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...inflight-menus (and lunch/dinner in both directions looks pretty good imo)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by truncated
Ok look we get it — you've posted ~10x in this thread about how much better AA is (I think most of us regular B6 flyers on here have different opinions which is fine) — so why not just fly them and save yourself all the stress over a menu? Even if you snagged a cheap Mint fare it doesn't really feel worth it given all the pre-departure worrying it appears to be causing...

Also for everyone else who's wondering — June/July menus are finally up: https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...inflight-menus (and lunch/dinner in both directions looks pretty good imo)
Cheap fare, expensive fare, whatever,. Its now June 7 and my flight is in a few days and I cant know if I want to get the Veg menu b/ they cant put a menu online..

I like some things about Mint. FA's are also really nice & helpful. And AA isnt exactly hitting it out of the park. My last 2 premium Transcon flights LAX/MIA forgot massive amounts of catering items including some meals mislabeled while one had absolutely no bedding for any passengers.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
While I agree that this month's menu does nothing for me (except maybe the fluke... I would like to see a photo of that if anyone has had it), I've all but given up on plane food. 90% of the time now I just fly in EMS/premium econ/whatever an airline calls its fancy coach seats and bring my own food, and 100% of the time it is delicious, healthy, and filling. With that being said... Mint food is usually pretty good and often falls into that 10% exception IMO.

Originally Posted by truncated
how much better AA is (I think most of us regular B6 flyers on here have different opinions which is fine)
Should I say something... nahhhh

-J.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
While I agree that this month's menu does nothing for me (except maybe the fluke... I would like to see a photo of that if anyone has had it), I've all but given up on plane food. 90% of the time now I just fly in EMS/premium econ/whatever an airline calls its fancy coach seats and bring my own food, and 100% of the time it is delicious, healthy, and filling. With that being said... Mint food is usually pretty good and often falls into that 10% exception IMO.

Should I say something... nahhhh

-J.
Haha given the thread I was focusing mainly on catering/soft product — I doubt any of us fly JetBlue for their operational capabilities or IT (although recently B6 did save me after a DL cancel so that was that)
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:57 pm

Thinking of trying this Veg menu which is the butternut squash polenta, quinoa/bean salad & falafel. Just wondering if anyone has had it and how it was??
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got home from my first Mint flight. I will post food pics later. I thought the food was good and plenty of it. I chose the burrata which was delicious with the pesto & pine nuts..loved it. The chicken romesco was dry but the sauce was good. I loved the lamb ragu and it was a generous portion. Warm roll with olive oil. And the vanilla gelato with raspberry was really good. There were plenty of snacks behind First including a fridge with drinks.
There was only one FA working first but she was very good. No PDB which was a disappointment as we took off an hour late. I was starving and parched by the time I got my first drink & cheese sticks. I had the margarita which was very good---I loved it and could have pounded down a few more but I didn't want to get plastered.
Thanks to you all, I had a throne and loved that as well. The seat itself was a bit uncomfortable as there didn't seem to be much cushioning plus all the hard surfaces around it where my arms kept hitting but I love the privacy and storage room and the door. Other that being so late (we made up time) I had a really good experience. FA was great.
logicalrealist likes this.

Last edited by corky; Jun 9, 2022 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by corky
I just got home from my first Mint flight. I will post food pics later. I thought the food was good and plenty of it. I chose the burrata which was delicious with the pesto & pine nuts..loved it. The chicken romanesco was dry but the sauce was good. I loved the lamb ragu and it was a generous portion. Warm roll with olive oil. And the vanilla gelato with raspberry was really good. There were plenty of snacks behind First including a fridge with drinks.
There was only one FA working first but she was very good. No PDB which was a disappointment as we took off an hour late. I was starving and parched by the time I got my first drink & cheese sticks. I had the margarita which was very good---I loved it and could have pounded down a few more but I didn't want to get plastered.
Thanks to you all, I had a throne and loved that as well. The seat itself was a bit uncomfortable as there didn't seem to be much cushioning plus all the hard surfaces around it where my arms kept hitting but I love the privacy and storage room and the door. Other that being so late (we made up time) I had a really good experience. FA was great.
Good to hear about the burrata, I'm excited to try it. What were the cheese sticks?? Just those things I see some pics of that are seem to be pre packaged? Couldnt agree with you more on the seat- the space in the suite is awesome, love the door as well and feels so private but just a fairly uncomfortable and hard seat that also doesnt recline well. I'm going to try the Fluke, hoping its good.
corky likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jun 8, 2022 at 1:29 pm
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Good to hear about the burrata, you have excited to try it. What were the cheese sticks?? Just those things I see some pics of that are seem to be pre packaged? Couldnt agree with you more on the seat- the space in the suite is awesome, love the door as well and feels so private but just a fairly uncomfortable and hard seat that also doesnt recline well. I'm going to try the Fluke, hoping its good.
I used the wrong word...actually they were cheese straws and good. I would skip the chicken next time. I wish I could have seen the fluke because I was interested myself.

A little blurry...turbulence
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:34 pm
HKG

Mint Special Meal Question- Does anyone know when you ordered a special meals. Do you have to select a specific dish under "Delish Dishes" or do you get all three choices as small dishes. Thank you in advance.

KOSHER MENU LUNCH/DINNER SERVICE • WESTBOUND/SOUTHBOUND

WELCOME TASTE
Assorted nuts

DELISH DISHES
Braised beef summer vegetables, roasted red potatoes
Seasoned chicken herbed orzo, sugar snap peas, pineapple, green peppercorn sauce
Pan-seared Moroccan salmon spicy lentil stew, saffron rice

SWEET BITES
Raspberry coconut layer cake chocolate drizzle
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by HKG
Mint Special Meal Question- Does anyone know when you ordered a special meals. Do you have to select a specific dish under "Delish Dishes" or do you get all three choices as small dishes. Thank you in advance.
You will be given all three as small dishes.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.