Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton
Originally Posted by jewree
Curious if anyone has had the braised leeks dish (currently on Westbound lunch/dinner, I think it was on menus 6 months ago too?). Menu says: "BRAISED LEEKS walnut, black pepper, pecorino cheese", just curious how ... leeks is made into a real full dish?
Hi there! I had the leeks along with the roasted carrots and wedge salad on my westbound flight yesterday. All three were amazing. I’m allergic to shrimp but I heard good things about that as well. The pork is generally a crowd favorite and a solid consistent dish. Warm ciabatta bread is back (try it with the chili oil) and the lemon jam with the vanilla ice cream was delicious.

You pick 3 of 5 dishes. The bread and dessert come with it as well.
jewree likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Thanks! I've had other versions of the pork shoulder, and was blown away both times by how juicy and flavorful it was. That one I'm *definitely* getting. And the shrimp I think. I'm between the wedge salad for something light and crisp to balance, or the leeks because it sounds unique! What a "problem" to have - I want too much of the airline menu, heh
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Do they take orders from front to back in Mint? Also is there a second snack and beverage service on transcon flights?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They do take orders from front to back. I’m not sure if this is still the current practice, but in the past, they would cater 16 of every dish and the leftovers become the crew meals.

There’s no formal beverage service in mint after the meal although the flight attendant will come by and ask if you’d like anything else or if you make eye contact they’ll ask. You can then ask for a drink and/or snack. There will be a snack basket brought around later in the flight after the meal service. Between the mint and economy cabins is the pantry where snacks and drinks are self serve (although I don’t know if they brought that back yet due to Covid)
Carfield and jewree like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
They do take orders from front to back. I’m not sure if this is still the current practice, but in the past, they would cater 16 of every dish and the leftovers become the crew meals.

There’s no formal beverage service in mint after the meal although the flight attendant will come by and ask if you’d like anything else or if you make eye contact they’ll ask. You can then ask for a drink and/or snack. There will be a snack basket brought around later in the flight after the meal service. Between the mint and economy cabins is the pantry where snacks and drinks are self serve (although I don’t know if they brought that back yet due to Covid)
Pantry was back on my SFO-BOS flight right before Thanksgiving so unless something has changed (e.g. cost-cutting under the guise of Omicron) self-service snacks and drinks should be available.

Also I’ve found that in Mint the crews are very good at coming around and providing refills/more drinks during and after the meal service
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by diburning

Back in the day... it was front-to-back on west/southbound flights and the reverse on east/northbound flights, and there was a required second beverage and snack basket service 60-90 minutes before landing. But this is going back several years. FT needs an old man emoji

-J.
diburning and jewree like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
B6 534 SFO-BOS
Eastbound Lunch/Dinner
December 28, 2021

Somehow lots of us flying eastbound to BOS this month, so here's my contribution (nothing new, considered getting the warm tomato tart for variety and really should have given the burrata was meh):

Grissini and Al Pastor Margarita — I think the magarita is the best cocktail on the menu but somehow everyone around me was getting the Mint Condition instead (which is just ok). Fewer breadsticks than I remember (cost cutting?) but still enough to tide me over

Clockwise from top left:
BURRATA zucchini, pine nuts, basil, mint
CHICKEN CACCIATORE tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, rosemary breadcrumbs
SEA TROUT cannellini bean puree, roasted tomatoes, garlic bread crumbs (the inconsistency in breadcrumbs / bread crumbs on the menu bothers me)

Burrata was not very good and disappointing given previous encounters with it (although my previous one was ex-BOS, so maybe it's an SFO catering thing). Don't quite get the summer squash/zucchini pairing either. Chicken was ok although the sauce was a little too heavy. Sea trout was pretty tasty and probably the best of the 3.

Also still don't get their obsession with sprinkles on every single dish but oh well.

VANILLA GELATO preserved blackberries, almond crunch

Crew held the dessert until after the main meal for everyone without asking (which was nice), but this still came rock solid so I had to let it sit for another 10 min or so. Was worth the wait though — unlike past iterations the blackberries were not super sweet / overpowering and balanced the gelato pretty well.

Overall as others have pointed out this is one of the weaker menus in the rotation (westbound looks better this month), but it is what it is. Great service from a very senior BOS-based crew despite a full cabin thanks to cancellations and rebookings from the previous day.
Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by truncated
Also still don't get their obsession with sprinkles on every single dish but oh well.
Overall as others have pointed out this is one of the weaker menus in the rotation (westbound looks better this month), but it is what it is.
The first thing I noticed was sprinkled crumbs on every single dish. That is a major turn-off for me, though I think you can ask for them to hold it -- though you would need to know to ask. It reminds me of watching Kitchen Nightmares when a chef goes crazy and doesn't know when to stop adding elements to a dish.

You are not alone in your opinion that this is a weak rotation. There were many complaints in early December among passengers and crew equally.

-J.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
I just flew Westbound Lunch/Dinner (BOS-SFO). Food was better than the Eastbound route last week, but still weaker than some of the previous versions. Service was great, friendly and attentive, and everyone seemed in good spirits, even with all the cancellations and 100% full flight.

Menu. WELCOME SNACK
  • ROTATING SELECTION
SMALL PLATES
Choose three.
Please note the first two dishes are served chilled.
  • WEDGE SALAD cucumber, parm frico, buttermilk dressing, lemon vinaigrette
  • ROASTED CARROT SALAD yogurt, sunflower seeds, lime
  • BRAISED LEEKS walnut, black pepper, pecorino cheese*
  • ROASTED SHRIMP smoked paprika aioli, fried garlic breadcrumbs, lemon
  • TUSCAN RUBBED PORK roasted fennel, jus
DESSERT
  • VANILLA GELATO lemon marmalata, pistachio shortbread crumble
PARTING  GIFT
  • CHOCOLATE COVERED CASHEWS / Hu Kitchen, NY
My choices were fairly easy - I obviously wanted the pork shoulder, as the previous versions I had of it were shockingly delicious. The leeks sounded kinda different and unique, so I was interested in them just for something different. My final choice was a slight toss up between the shrimp, as I do like shrimp, and, yes, AIOLI!, and the wedge salad, as the salads actually are generally quite good, and something light and refreshing sounded good. But still, just a salad, kinda boring, so, shrimp it was. I didn't really consider it, but I know people have raved about the carrot salad too.

Drinks

Cocktails, Beer, Liquor. The drink lineup as always featured beer, liquor, soft drinks, tea, and coffee.

In addition to the signature Mint Condition cocktail, the same "AL PASTOR MARGARITA" as my last flight was on offer. Both are available as mocktails.

Wine List. The wine list had the usual winter offerings of one sparkling, two white, and two red wines, exactly the same as I had on my Eastbound flight:
  • AT ROCA CLASSIC PENEDÈS SP 2018 • SPANISH SPARKLING
  • SOHM & KRACHER GRÜNER VELTLINER • AUSTRIA 2020 • CRISP WHITE
  • JEAN-MARC ROULOT BOURGOGNE BLANC WHITE BURGUNDY • FRANCE 2018 • FULL-BODIED WHITE
  • WEST COUNTY RUSSIAN RIVER VALLEY PINOT NOIR • CALIFORNIA • 2018 • LIGHT RED
  • TIBERIO MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO • ITALY • 2020 • BIG RED

I really liked the white burgundy and the montepoulciano last time, so I was happy to see them offered again.

Jean-Marc Roulot Bourgogne Blanc. "Made from small vineyards in and around the prime area of Meursault, this Bourgogne Blanc is 100% chardonnay, and evokes Granny Smith apples, brioche, and a bit of salt. "

I really liked this wine on my last flight, a surprise for me given that I don't usually drink that much white wine, and it was again fantastic. Just, exactly the style I like - buttery, not sweet, but not too dry. Just a lovely wine, and I'll gladly get this time and again. ****.

Tiberio Montepulciano."After Cristiana Tiberio worked at some of the best wineries in Europe, she returned home to the Italian region of Abruzzo inspired to make the highest quality, organic wine from the full-bodied and earthy red grape Montepulciano. "

I also quite liked the Montepulciano last time, so gladly moved on to that when it was time to pair with my pork with dinner. It was pretty bold, as I remembered, but had a bite to the finish I didn't care for. I wonder if this was a previously opened bottle (do they do that?). It was still a nice complex wine, and I enjoyed it, but, it had a bit more tannin than I remembered. ***.

West Country Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. "Made in Sonoma County Russian River Valley—a prime area for California Pinot Noir—this classic Pinot is a light to medium-bodied wine full of floral, cranberry, and wild strawberry flavors."

Since I wasn't loving the montepulciano, I finished with the pinot noir, which was lighter, and quite drinkable. Nothing particularly complex, but I enjoyed it, not too tannic. ***+.

Food

Our meals were served about an hour and 15 mins into the flight, which took off late, so I was happy I was in row 2, since served front to back, and it was pretty late for my dinner time (I usually eat around 6pm, and it was nearly 8!). It was a good meal, but not quite as amazing as some previous versions.

Grissini. The "rotating selection" of welcome snack was the same grissini I had last time, again, a nice change from nuts, but nothing like the welcome snacks with great dips that the prior Mint catering featured. Still, they were crispy, savory, salty, cheesy, and fun to munch on. ***.

Dinner. Our meals arrived one by one, front to back.

I didn't need to ask for the gelato AFTER the main meal, as our FA said he always served it that way. I'm glad to see this change, or at least, his preference for doing this, as I hate having the gelato melt as I try to eat my hot food!

As before, a lovely tin of large maldon salt and chile oil came with it. And again, no pepper. Of course, I was prepared and had my own. I wasn't offered if I wanted the warm bread roll or not, it came on my tray. Last time I was asked, and I definitely would have declined as it was lackluster last time. It was again quite meh, clearly not fresh airline bread.
But the rest of the meal was good.

Braised Leeks. "Walnut, black pepper, pecorino cheese."

The leeks dish was as fascinating as I hoped it would be. It took a few bites for it to grow on me, but once it did, I was really into it.

The leeks were very large pieces, braised so quite soft. The leeks themselves weren't exactly exciting, but the sauce that they were topped with, and was under them, is really what made the dish. A creamy, cheese sauce, with sharp pecorino. It contrasted beautifully with the leeks and was full of flavor. I'm not quite sure where the walnuts were, there was a crumble on top, but it seemed to be more cheese. I also didn't taste pepper, and since the condiments never include pepper, that was definitely a bit of a miss (although I had my own, so, no problem!).

Overall, not a dish that sounds exciting, but, the cheese sauce really was tasty, and this ate as nice comfort food in the sky. I found myself thinking back on it the next day. ****

Roasted Shrimp. "Smoked paprika aioli, fried garlic breadcrumbs, lemon."

Next up, shrimp. The serving was 5 large size shrimp.

The shrimp was nicely prepared, cleaned, succulent, nice snap. Better than many restaurants honestly. But ... the element I thought I'd love, the aioli, I really disliked. The smoked paprika flavor was just not for me, and the aioli just really tasted ... off. It was served warm, as this was a hot dish, and warm aioli ... yeah, just not for me. The flavor of the paprika was also in the broth/oil, and I minded it less there, but I still didn't care for it.

So, good shrimp, but meh on the stuff with it. The breadcrumbs were soggy from all the liquid. ***.

Tuscan Rubbed Pork. "Roasted fennel, jus."

And lastly, the pork shoulder . I've had several versions of this delicious pork shoulder before and been floored by how delicious it was. Juicy, well rendered fat, lovely flavor. This version however ... eh.

The hunk of pork was impressive in size. But it was more fully cooked, almost dried out, with only the jus helping keep it moist. No fatty edges that I love. Sadness.

The tuscan spices were plentiful, serious flavor here, but much like the paprika not really a flavor profile I like all that much. The fennel was fine.
So, overall, a huge let down. Just an "ok" dish, and nothing at all like some of the previous ones. ***.

Vanilla Gelato. "Lemon marmalata, pistachio shortbread crumble."

I'm a dessert girl, and love my ice cream, so it should come as no surprise that I was happy about the finish to the meal, although less excited by this season's toppings. As always with the new catering, it was just vanilla gelato as a base, and came with a fruit topping (lemon marmalata) and crunchy element (pistachio shortbread crumble). These were served for everyone after the meal, rather than with, which I appreciated.

The gelato itself was the same as always, a huge scoop, decent vanilla bean flavor. Served a bit hard, but a little patience yielded a nicely melty texture. The lemon marmalata was ... very, very sweet. I actually really liked the texture, with chewy bits of rind in addition to the gooey caramelized bits. I'm not generally excited about lemon in my desserts, but this was so candied it really didn't bother me. It was tasty, but a little of it went a loooong way, and it had a very generous portion on it. The pistachio crumble was more crumble than pistachio, and had a single larger chunk of kinda candied airy pistachio, but I think that was just my luck of the draw, as others had multiple big hunks. I liked the crunch it added.

Overall, this actually came together pretty nicely, and once I added my own fresh blueberries, which of course I strategically brought with me, it was really a lovely dessert, the blueberries and lemon flavors went perfectly together, and fresh fruit helped brighten it. It was still too much topping for the gelato amount though, but that just meant that I "needed" a refill on the gelato (sans marmalata). ***+.
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:45 am

Any recent Eastbound Shuteye menu review or photos?

Wondering if anyone has any photos or reviews of recent eastbound shadow flights?
so excited to try mint for the 1st time… but the manu for shuteye seems so-so.
flying February 3rd, hooding they update the current December one 😃
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton
Originally Posted by YesiV
Wondering if anyone has any photos or reviews of recent eastbound shadow flights?
so excited to try mint for the 1st time… but the manu for shuteye seems so-so.
flying February 3rd, hooding they update the current December one 😃
I'm flying an eastbound shut-eye flight in a few days. I'll post a menu but I believe it'll be changed beginning February. However, the general shut-eye menu is a cold salad of some sort, hot panini style sandwich and a cup of brodo (rich consume style broth) along with ice cream/gelato. The current brodo is a mushroom style and really delicious.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by PAflyer73
I'm flying an eastbound shut-eye flight in a few days. I'll post a menu but I believe it'll be changed beginning February. However, the general shut-eye menu is a cold salad of some sort, hot panini style sandwich and a cup of brodo (rich consume style broth) along with ice cream/gelato. The current brodo is a mushroom style and really delicious.
thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
I figured they might change in February but not likely they’ll update the menu online in time…
I’m unsure if I like it or if I should choose another special menu
also praying they don’t cancel our flight as we have the throne seats and I’m so excited! 😃
Yahtzee likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:03 pm

New February and March 2022 Menus are up

Thought I’d share… the new February and March menus are up on the website
https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...inflight-menus
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:50 pm

February Eastbound Redeye Meal

It was absolutely delicious! The hot goat cheese and tomato marmalade panini, the brodo was super tasty and that gelato with lemon marmalade and black pepper shortbread crumble was out of this world! (I’m not even an ice cream person lol! Can’t wait for the dinner going westbound!

TastyPlaneEats and mikejeep like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-LAX
B6 2123
A321neo
9:31a-1:00p
January 28, 2022
Mint Studio 1F

Was fortunate to find last minute Mint Studio availability on a recent JFK-LAX trip. Loved it. Great suite, great food, great service. Despite a crappy T5, no lounge and a dysfunctional website, I'd definitely fly it again. Once in the air, much better than AA Flagship First.

I also have an Instagram video of the flight.
Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.