Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by corky
When does the June menu come out and how far in advance can I place an order? I am new to B6 and flying on AA miles JFK-LAX and I don't see menu selection for my flight on the AA site so I assume I will need to go on Jet Blue's site.
You can order once you are seated onboard. JetBlue does not offer online pre-ordering.

(I guess the caveat here is if you order a special meal, in which case you can order in advance.)

-J.
corky likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
When does the June menu come out and how far in advance can I place an order? I am new to B6 and flying on AA miles JFK-LAX and I don't see menu selection for my flight on the AA site so I assume I will need to go on Jet Blue's site.
Looking for the June menu myself also. Surprised its not up still at just 10 days away. And as mentioned I dont believe you can pre order with Jet Blue. I am an AA guy myself also and rarely fly B6 but looking forward to giving them another chance. My issues are quite a few and important to me and thus I havent flown them since early 2019....... I love the sundaes on AA. I want a cheese plate (none on B6). And the 3rd AA dessert is always good and something interesting (when its not left over stupid lemon tarts from Covid). Also, I dont like eating all at once on B6. The gelatto with warm fruit just isnt my thing

Anyways, going into June flight with a positive mindset. Maybe what I get will be delicious.
corky likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:23 pm

Wondering if anyone has had the Hindu meal. Love Indian food and it sounds great. Just dont eat red meat so worried if 1 of the 3 things is Lamb. However, I guess I can see the June menu soon when it comes up and know what I would be getting.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:46 pm

I preordered and it was horrible! terrible service. Such a disappointment. went back to AA and enjoyed the Sunday!
Old May 22, 2022, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by mpcv2022
I preordered and it was horrible! terrible service. Such a disappointment. went back to AA and enjoyed the Sunday!
I love the sundae!! and a cheese plate after it. And the eating all at once on B6 I dont care for. I also find it not as much food overall and I feel hungry still. And the food I have had was not as good as everyone makes it out to bee. Also their bread also isnt as good as the pretzel roll on AA.

However, I'm surprised you didnt like their service as the FA's I have had all 3 x in Mint were really good. However, AA FA's on the A321T in F are always great in my experiences.

The plane menu or low calorie I wouldnt expect too much from. I am considering pre ordering but looking at Hindu. It looks really good actually..
Old May 22, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
A few tips!
  • If you don't like the warm fruit on gelato, just ask to have it left off. The FAs add that to order (I always get it on the side because sometimes it is just too sweet).
  • You can always order a cheese plate - they have 2 different versions available for purchase in main cabin, and in Mint you can always ask for one (no charge).
  • Not quite the same as a sundae with hot fudge, but you can get the cookies and crumble them up on top of the gelato (and I often bring sprinkles and nuts wtih me too!)
corky likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by jewree
A few tips!
  • If you don't like the warm fruit on gelato, just ask to have it left off. The FAs add that to order (I always get it on the side because sometimes it is just too sweet).
  • You can always order a cheese plate - they have 2 different versions available for purchase in main cabin, and in Mint you can always ask for one (no charge).
  • Not quite the same as a sundae with hot fudge, but you can get the cookies and crumble them up on top of the gelato (and I often bring sprinkles and nuts wtih me too!)
Great tip on the fruit on the gelato. And a cheese plate from Main is totally find with me. I just love finishing my meal with cheese. Had no clue Jet Blue had cheese plates in coach for purchase. I will 100% be doing this. It doesnt even have to be a sundae I just think since they are going for a more innovative menu why not do some interesting desserts. Sticky toffee date cake, upside down pineapple cake, etc etc.

Thanks for the tips I just always leave the Mint flights still super hungry. Thats my biggest gripe. Feels like less food than on AA.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I’m not sure if this is still the case, but they used to cater 16 plates of every option in Mint so that no one would ever not get their choice. Leftovers become crew meals.

Doing the math; 16 plates each of 5 options is 80 plates. 3 plates each for 16 passengers is 48 plates, leaving 32 plates for 4 flight attendants and 2 pilots (and whoever is jumpseating, they feed them too due to the surplus of food). They might say no, but if you’re still hungry, you can try asking for seconds.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I’m not sure if this is still the case, but they used to cater 16 plates of every option in Mint so that no one would ever not get their choice. Leftovers become crew meals.

Doing the math; 16 plates each of 5 options is 80 plates. 3 plates each for 16 passengers is 48 plates, leaving 32 plates for 4 flight attendants and 2 pilots (and whoever is jumpseating, they feed them too due to the surplus of food). They might say no, but if you’re still hungry, you can try asking for seconds.
Awesome thank you for that tip. Had no idea an airline would cater so many meals extra.

Hows the bread been of late? For some reason I dont remember getting any bread or maybe it just wasnt the best bread. Havent flown Mint since early 2019 though.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I love the sundae!! and a cheese plate after it. And the eating all at once on B6 I dont care for. I also find it not as much food overall and I feel hungry still. And the food I have had was not as good as everyone makes it out to bee. Also their bread also isnt as good as the pretzel roll on AA.

However, I'm surprised you didnt like their service as the FA's I have had all 3 x in Mint were really good. However, AA FA's on the A321T in F are always great in my experiences.

The plane menu or low calorie I wouldnt expect too much from. I am considering pre ordering but looking at Hindu. It looks really good actually..
You are really making me regret choosing B6 from JFK-LAX instead of AA.
And what the heck is warm fruit on gelato??
Old May 23, 2022, 3:41 pm

Awesome thank you for that tip. Had no idea an airline would cater so many meals extra.

Hows the bread been of late? For some reason I dont remember getting any bread or maybe it just wasnt the best bread. Havent flown Mint since early 2019 though.
The bread rotates. It's not always the same bread roll. Sometimes it's a pretzel roll, sometimes it's ciabatta, sometimes it's brioche.

It's a fruit compote topping.
corky likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:01 pm

You are really making me regret choosing B6 from JFK-LAX instead of AA.
And thats just food stuff.......No lounge & far less of a hard product (the seat on AA is so much better, especially on their 789.. as is the AA IFE, on the 789). I found a great deal on mint for $499 so i grabbed it. Def dont seek it out ever but hoping for a good experience this time. The space in the solo seat and the door are very nice. The actual seat is possibly my biggest issue though b/c you cant recline really. It just gets low and shoots out in front. I love the B/E Super diamond or even the 77W J on AA how they recline comfortably.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:04 pm

The bread rotates. It's not always the same bread roll. Sometimes it's a pretzel roll, sometimes it's ciabatta, sometimes it's brioche.

It's a fruit compote topping.
Well hoping for some good bread at least. And for $499 the deal i got is a bargain. Hoping for the best..

Does Mint have either cappuccinos and/or expresso?
Old May 23, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

Dating myself here... back in my day when I used to fly Mint regularly (and we got real food from S+P!), they had 12-14 of each dish. On the Shuteye flights they had 12 meals and that was it! If you didn't snooze,you lost.

-J.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:08 pm

Well hoping for some good bread at least. And for $499 the deal i got is a bargain. Hoping for the best..

Does Mint have either cappuccinos and/or expresso?
Yes and yes
happiest_at_40000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.