Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by truncated
It's four options with tomatoes if you look carefully haha. And the EB shuteye is also weird — was tempted to buy up to Mint on my upcoming SEA-BOS redeye (somehow it's only $601 2 weeks out) but the food makes it less likely lol (although I do like the bags you get at the end of the flight)

Oddly enough I prefer the new layout to the old one — the inside pages feel cleaner and less crowded — but clearly this shows they can't please everyone lol
You're right, four options. Not sure how I missed the first salad.

And by old menu I mean't the pre-November design, not the one they've used since then. I like the new meals a lot, just not a big fan of the way the menu looks, though that's far less important than the meal quality itself.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Is B6 really serving drinks in proper glassware in Mint? My flight isn't until next month.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
Is B6 really serving drinks in proper glassware in Mint? My flight isn't until next month.
yes
fly747first and cmd320 like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
yes
That's awesome, B6 shaming other U.S. airlines that keep lying and using Covid as an excuse to do the bare minimum in premium classes
J_Stroming and cmd320 like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:06 am

If you are not a fan of a particular meal offering, check out their special meals such as Low Calorie or Plane Eats. They are great options if you are not a fan of the main offering. Just make sure you request it in advance.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
B6 23 JFK-LAX
Westbound Lunch/Dinner
June 5, 2021

Clockwise from top right:
WEDGE SALAD crispy parmigiano frico, buttermilk, lemon
SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER tuscan spices, salted cracklin
ROASTED SHRIMP smoked paprika aioli, garlic breadcrumbs, lemon
VANILLA GELATO marmalata, lemon pistachio crumble

Wedge salad tasted like salad I guess — actually ordered the tomato soup but this came out on the tray, and took it as a sign that someone wanted me to eat healthy today. Also note the parmigiano frico (i.e., cheese crisps) is missing — and actually ended up on the pork shoulder instead of the cracklin', which was weird.

Pork shoulder smelled delicious but was about average when I got to it to my disappointment. Also it's not supposed to come with cheese crisps lol

Shrimp was excellent and the highlight of the meal

Had high hopes for the gelato and it was pretty good, but the marmalata is more sweet than sour and there's a lot of it

After-lunch iced cappuccino

Overall pretty decent but not as good as the April/May westbound menu above I'd say. Also didn't see any issues with getting the service done on time compared to other earlier reports on the A321neo (although I guess my meal did come a little later than I'm used to and I was in row 1) despite the new plane/galley.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:07 pm

B6 498 SEA-BOS
Eastbound shut-eye
June 7, 2021

The food menu looked blah and this was a 10.30pm departure, so asked for just the ice cream:

VANILLA GELATO* roasted rhubarb, olive oil cake crumble

*Looking at the picture I'm pretty sure this was just ice cream not gelato — but that said I think this is my favorite iteration of dessert / toppings that I've had so far (and I've had 4 of them if you look upthread lol).

Also SEA catering seems to have run out of a lot of the service items as well — instead of the usual mixed nuts I got a pack of salted almonds with my drink, and the to-go bag at the end of the flight was a plain white paper bag instead of the Mint branded version. Plus the chocolate-coated cashews were replaced with more salted almonds instead. Ah well.

And on an unrelated note — anyone know why on redeyes they don't turn off all the lights in the cabin but instead leave the mood lighting on? It didn't really bother me because I can sleep with an eye mask on, but seems unlike any other airline I've taken where the cabin is dark until landing
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have to say I am not impressed with the food truncated had. A wedge salad isn't really that without bacon crumbles and blue cheese -- so in this case is simply a wedge of lettuce with some seasoning and missing croutons. It's unfortunate that the pork shoulder wasn't great, as they've gotten it right in the past. And very disappointing that you got salted almonds on the second service -- the "sweet treat" was one of the hallmarks of Mint since the beginning.

I also agree with your comments regarding the dessert. Every photo I see seems to have more and more of the marmalade or whatever topping; it just seems like too much. If I flew in Mint I don't think I'd really want any of the extras.

Originally Posted by truncated
And on an unrelated note — anyone know why on redeyes they don't turn off all the lights in the cabin but instead leave the mood lighting on? It didn't really bother me because I can sleep with an eye mask on, but seems unlike any other airline I've taken where the cabin is dark until landing
I have 500+ words to say about this, but this is not the thread for that The short version is that I agree with you, however I find the blue lights (on both the ceiling and sidewalls) on redeyes to be unpleasant.

-J.
kalkat likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I have to say I am not impressed with the food truncated had. A wedge salad isn't really that without bacon crumbles and blue cheese -- so in this case is simply a wedge of lettuce with some seasoning and missing croutons. It's unfortunate that the pork shoulder wasn't great, as they've gotten it right in the past. And very disappointing that you got salted almonds on the second service -- the "sweet treat" was one of the hallmarks of Mint since the beginning.

I also agree with your comments regarding the dessert. Every photo I see seems to have more and more of the marmalade or whatever topping; it just seems like too much. If I flew in Mint I don't think I'd really want any of the extras.

I have 500+ words to say about this, but this is not the thread for that The short version is that I agree with you, however I find the blue lights (on both the ceiling and sidewalls) on redeyes to be unpleasant.

-J.
Regarding the almonds — pretty sure that's an issue with SEA outstation catering more than anything else (since they also replaced the standard mixed nuts with the first drink with almonds, and the vanilla gelato was switched for ice cream which really worked better, plus they didn't have the Mint-branded paper bags for the to-go stuff, nor the Mint-branded pens that come with the menu). But that said the remainder of the wake up snack bag (cold brew, pressed juice, breakfast bar) was intact though, and I don't really care that much for the cashews tbh since they're a downgrade from the Milk Bar stuff and not particularly remarkable.

As for the dessert I think that's probably why the rhubarb is my favorite so far — since it's not overwhelmingly sweet like the marmalade. Also the previous rotation's peaches + sprinkles wasn't bad either (because there was no sauce to drench everything in).
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:27 pm

Flew SAN-EWR in mint recently. It was my first time to fly B6, and was very impressed with everything. The lunch was certainly the best I had ever had on domestic flights. Sadly my flight back home is on AA. I know what to expect
Carfield and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kentauta
Flew SAN-EWR in mint recently. It was my first time to fly B6, and was very impressed with everything. The lunch was certainly the best I had ever had on domestic flights. Sadly my flight back home is on AA. I know what to expect
Indeed. JetBlue pretty much leads the US airlines in overall J product on board these days.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by gabbygrrl
If you are not a fan of a particular meal offering, check out their special meals such as Low Calorie or Plane Eats. They are great options if you are not a fan of the main offering. Just make sure you request it in advance.
Surely, B6 does not load every entree option for each psgr requesting a special meal, so do you (anyone) know whether you select a specific option ahead of time from the special meal menu, or whether B6 picks one of them off the special menu, and you simply get what you get?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:54 pm

JetBlue posts the menu online on their website.
https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...t-dining-menus

If the menu doesn’t appeal to you, you have to contact JetBlue ahead of time (at least 24 hours before your flight) to request one of the other meals like Plane Eats.

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Surely, B6 does not load every entree option for each psgr requesting a special meal, so do you (anyone) know whether you select a specific option ahead of time from the special meal menu, or whether B6 picks one of them off the special menu, and you simply get what you get?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:00 pm

Eastbound lunch/dinner Plane Eats

Chefs salad, mac&cheese, cheeseburger

Classic cheeseburger … well done with lettuce and tomato. Could have used some ketchup and more cheese … I ended up adding some of the mac&cheese to it.

Mac & cheese - very cheesy and filling

Chefs salad - romaine, ham, turkey, egg, cheddar, ranch dressing. Everything was very fresh.

Vanilla gelato with granola and peach
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
JetBlue posts the menu online on their website.
https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...t-dining-menus

If the menu doesn’t appeal to you, you have to contact JetBlue ahead of time (at least 24 hours before your flight) to request one of the other meals like Plane Eats.
I forgot about the tapas style serving...on the special menus it's now obvious they serve all three on small plates, not a choice of one. Stuck in AA mindset still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.