Reload this Page >

Tokyo 2020 Olympics discussion [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo 2020 Olympics discussion [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Tickets won

I didn't get any on the first round of bidding. I did get two tickets to equestrian events (not my first choice) on the second chance sale. I wondered if I would have increased my chances if I bid on more, but from the comments here, probably not.
I was in London for 2016 where I was led to believe that sponsors would return unused tickets. I never was able to buy one. Cosport really dropped the ball in London. Hope Tokyo be better.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I didn't get any on the first round of bidding. I did get two tickets to equestrian events (not my first choice) on the second chance sale. I wondered if I would have increased my chances if I bid on more, but from the comments here, probably not.
I was in London for 2016 where I was led to believe that sponsors would return unused tickets. I never was able to buy one. Cosport really dropped the ball in London. Hope Tokyo be better.
I log into CoSport U.S. once or twice a day and every few days tickets show up. There is not pattern that I can see but was able to snag a single TakwonDo(Sp?) tickets and Handball tickets. I see basketball, handball, volleyball (both) and 3x3 basketball most often. Do also see a few others sports as well. They often appear to be single tickets. Hope that helps.
K7

Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Klarity7

I log into CoSport U.S. once or twice a day and every few days tickets show up. There is not pattern that I can see but was able to snag a single TakwonDo(Sp?) tickets and Handball tickets. I see basketball, handball, volleyball (both) and 3x3 basketball most often. Do also see a few others sports as well. They often appear to be single tickets. Hope that helps.
K7

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

K7

I'm trying to figure out the CoSport thing. I've been in there several times over the past couple weeks, but I never see anything available. I just assumed that I missed my chances to get tix.
When you say tickets show up every few days, how are you looking?
The way I do it is I go in there, and I put a checkbox next to "Exclude Sold Out." When I do that, everything disappears.
Is this how you are doing it? Or do you leave out the "Exclude Sold Out" checkbox and instead take the time to look through every event?

Also, when the website says marathon is "sold out", that's just referring to the seats inside the stadium where the runners start and end the race, right? They're not doing tickets for watching along the course, are they? Then again, the specify that walking is a non-ticket event and yet they don't say that about marathon.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn

I'm trying to figure out the CoSport thing. I've been in there several times over the past couple weeks, but I never see anything available. I just assumed that I missed my chances to get tix.
When you say tickets show up every few days, how are you looking?
The way I do it is I go in there, and I put a checkbox next to "Exclude Sold Out." When I do that, everything disappears.
Is this how you are doing it? Or do you leave out the "Exclude Sold Out" checkbox and instead take the time to look through every event?

Also, when the website says marathon is "sold out", that's just referring to the seats inside the stadium where the runners start and end the race, right? They're not doing tickets for watching along the course, are they? Then again, the specify that walking is a non-ticket event and yet they don't say that about marathon.
I hit exclude sold out and most of the time everything disappears just like you have experienced. For a while every 3-4 days, 5 or 6 categories would pop up throughout the day when I hit exclude sold out. Last time I purchased a ticket in this manner was 7/19. I also know that I saw tics (not sure of quantities) at least one more time after that early the next week. I have not seen anything since then, but I still keep checking daily. Painful, I know.

Not sure about the marathon question.

I am also hopeful about the official reseller market in the spring.

K7
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:23 pm

I hit exclude sold out and most of the time everything disappears just like you have experienced. For a while every 3-4 days, 5 or 6 categories would pop up throughout the day when I hit exclude sold out. Last time I purchased a ticket in this manner was 7/19. I also know that I saw tics (not sure of quantities) at least one more time after that early the next week. I have not seen anything since then, but I still keep checking daily. Painful, I know.
Okay, thanks a lot.
It's great that you were at least able to get your hands on tickets.
I really messed up. I was planning on trying to attend events that didn't require tickets. But I started rethinking that plan recently. By then, it was too late.
I guess I'll have to keep checking Cosport over and over!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:19 am

Okay, thanks a lot.
It's great that you were at least able to get your hands on tickets.
I really messed up. I was planning on trying to attend events that didn't require tickets. But I started rethinking that plan recently. By then, it was too late.
I guess I'll have to keep checking Cosport over and over!
In thinking about your marathon question, your assessment makes sense. Others on this board will no better. I think the spring resale market could yield more tickets too. See here: https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/ticket/rule/
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:00 am

In thinking about your marathon question, your assessment makes sense. Others on this board will no better. I think the spring resale market could yield more tickets too. See here: https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/ticket/rule/
Thanks for the heads-up about this spring resale market.
I can't find further info on this anywhere... do you know if this is also going to be through the authorized ticket seller (ie, Cosport in US)? That may be my only chance!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:01 am

Thanks for the heads-up about this spring resale market.
I can't find further info on this anywhere... do you know if this is also going to be through the authorized ticket seller (ie, Cosport in US)? That may be my only chance!
Don’t know who it will go through.

Looks like tor CoSport site has been a dud as of late. I will keep checking and post if it comes back to life with some options.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:05 pm

Looks like tor CoSport site has been a dud as of late. I will keep checking and post if it comes back to life with some options.
Yeah, dud is right. I’m checking a couple times a day. I can’t believe everything’s been snatched up so fast. I mean, who the hell would go for archery and synchronized swim? I will post as well if there’s any availability. I’m hoping for a miracle.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by jib71
...On the Tokyo Metro site, you'll find transit information for it. (Unfortunately the English version links are broken):
https://www.2020games.metro.tokyo.jp...map/index.html...
I translated that site but did not find transportation info. How about this?
https://www.tokyometro.jp/en/index.html
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:23 am

Even more confused. I have tickets for the Equestrian park. Directions I found were "Access: 1.1 km from Yōga Station Tōkyū Den-en-toshi Line (DT6)
1.2 km from Sakurashinmachi Station Tōkyū Den-en-toshi Line (DT5)
1.4 km from Kamimachi Station Tōkyū Setagaya Line (SG6)"
However, neither the DT or SG lines are on the metro map. Found out they are a private railroad, the Tokyu LIne.
I counted 12 rail systems in Tokyo. https://livejapan.com/en/in-tokyo/in...icle-a0001084/
There better be lots of English speaking ambassadors at every station like there were in London 2012.

Last edited by rxgeek; Aug 3, 2019 at 9:29 am
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Click through to the venue page - Transit info. on each venue page (in Japanese).
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
There better be lots of English speaking ambassadors at every station like there were in London 2012.
I'm sure there will be some. But London has a few more English speakers than Tokyo.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

I have three tickets at this point, but my bigger concern is finding a hotel. By this point before London, I already had a reservation at a Holiday Inn.

There are a few hotels out there that can still be booked, but you have to make full payment up front. Because I'm trying to get more tickets, I don't want to commit to exact nights just yet. I have a couple of nights at both a Best Western and a Comfort Inn, but the availability suddenly disappeared and I couldn't get the rest of the nights I wanted. Fingers crossed some availability opens up once sponsors, etc confirm all their bookings. Based on what I've read on different sites, I'm not feeling good about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.