FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo 2020 Olympics discussion [consolidated]
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:00 pm
K7Beach

Originally Posted by evergrn

I'm trying to figure out the CoSport thing. I've been in there several times over the past couple weeks, but I never see anything available. I just assumed that I missed my chances to get tix.
When you say tickets show up every few days, how are you looking?
The way I do it is I go in there, and I put a checkbox next to "Exclude Sold Out." When I do that, everything disappears.
Is this how you are doing it? Or do you leave out the "Exclude Sold Out" checkbox and instead take the time to look through every event?

Also, when the website says marathon is "sold out", that's just referring to the seats inside the stadium where the runners start and end the race, right? They're not doing tickets for watching along the course, are they? Then again, the specify that walking is a non-ticket event and yet they don't say that about marathon.
I hit exclude sold out and most of the time everything disappears just like you have experienced. For a while every 3-4 days, 5 or 6 categories would pop up throughout the day when I hit exclude sold out. Last time I purchased a ticket in this manner was 7/19. I also know that I saw tics (not sure of quantities) at least one more time after that early the next week. I have not seen anything since then, but I still keep checking daily. Painful, I know.

Not sure about the marathon question.

I am also hopeful about the official reseller market in the spring.

K7