Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Teefaf
Hi folks. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I could do with some help if possible. Am due to fly J on QF22 at 2030 tomorrow from Narita. It's my first time departing from here, and having read through this thread I'm left with a few questions I hop esomeone can help me with:

1. I have no status (OW or otherwise) at present. Will my QF J ticket allow me access to all OW J lounges, or just the Qantas one?

2. Much of the previous conversation was about the F lounges. Which of the J lounges is the preferred option for OW flights?

3. Is there a fast track security line available, and am I allowed to use it?

4. Any other useful tips for making the most of my three hours or so at Narita?

It seems crazy how long it takes to get from the city to the airport - about 2 hours from clearing customs to entering my hotel room in Shibuya. Next time I might break my piggy bank and spring for a helicopter!
1. Yes
2. I like QF the best of the J lounges. The AA Admirals Club is quite nice also. I'd avoid the JL Sakura Lounge in the satelite terminal.
3. No, but security lines are rarely long at Narita. Immigration (emigration, actually I guess) is where you may end up waiting.
4. If you're looking for real food from a restaurant, the restaurants outside security are much better than what you'll find inside.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brenc3
1. Yes
2. I like QF the best of the J lounges. The AA Admirals Club is quite nice also. I'd avoid the JL Sakura Lounge in the satelite terminal.
Really? I haven't tried the QF lounge in a while but I always thought that the Sakura Lounge is the best with good showers, plenty of space and plenty of food.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brenc3
1. Yes
3. No, but security lines are rarely long at Narita. Immigration (emigration, actually I guess) is where you may end up waiting.
4. If you're looking for real food from a restaurant, the restaurants outside security are much better than what you'll find inside.
There IS a fast track security line but only JAL F passengers and certain JMB elites are allowed to use it.
Old May 24, 2010, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Have had an amazing couple of days in Tokyo, and am now sitting in the QF lounge at NRT. Lines at both security & emigration were pretty short, so no problems. In fact, security reminded me of how it used to be, friendly staff and no major fuss.

I asked at check-in about lounge access, and the agent told me she though I could only access the QF lounge. Check-in was pretty funny actually. I have a connecting flight from SYD - MEL after I land, bought on a separate ticket. When I told her this she appeared confused at first, and then called over a colleague. Eventually there were four(!) of them crowded around her monitor debating my situation in Japanese. After about 5 minutes I asked if there was a problem, and the agent smiled and said everything was fine. About 5 minutes after that, she printed off my luggage label and boarding passes for both flights. Quite amusing - there were still three of them there when I left the desk.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Comet21
Really? I haven't tried the QF lounge in a while but I always thought that the Sakura Lounge is the best with good showers, plenty of space and plenty of food.
The Sakura lounge in the main terminal is not bad, but the one in the satellite terminal is sparse. I find the QF lounge to have decent good and better drink selection. Both the JL and QF lounges can get crowded - I often go to the lounge other than of my departure airline to avoid crowds.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:38 pm

I asked at check-in about lounge access, and the agent told me she though I could only access the QF lounge. Check-in was pretty funny actually. I have a connecting flight from SYD - MEL after I land, bought on a separate ticket. When I told her this she appeared confused at first, and then called over a colleague. Eventually there were four(!) of them crowded around her monitor debating my situation in Japanese. After about 5 minutes I asked if there was a problem, and the agent smiled and said everything was fine. About 5 minutes after that, she printed off my luggage label and boarding passes for both flights. Quite amusing - there were still three of them there when I left the desk.
The agent was wrong about lounge access. Reciprocal lounge access is a OW benefit if you are traveling in J.

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...lass-of-travel
Old May 24, 2010, 5:57 pm

I'd still say J and F the best lounges are JAL. Just take a look at their website and you'll see they leave Qantas for dead.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:08 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Originally Posted by Simmo
I'd still say J and F the best lounges are JAL. Just take a look at their website and you'll see they leave Qantas for dead.
I will second that. I think you will have a hard time finding a better lounge then the Sakura Lounge in the main terminal in NRT. I thought the new AA lounge which I think is one of the best in the system was nice until I went to the JAL lounge with a real hot buffet,bartender with a full bar and free massages,internet,locker storage and nice shower rooms with TOTO bathroom fixtures that are something to see.....
Old May 26, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by PETEFLYS
I will second that. I think you will have a hard time finding a better lounge then the Sakura Lounge in the main terminal in NRT. I thought the new AA lounge which I think is one of the best in the system was nice until I went to the JAL lounge with a real hot buffet,bartender with a full bar and free massages,internet,locker storage and nice shower rooms with TOTO bathroom fixtures that are something to see.....
...i loved this lounge also on my recent trip...even though i was flying CX in J, i decided to check out the JAL lounge first....and did not leave...
Old May 26, 2010, 11:00 pm
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
The curry rice and soup is not something to be missed at the Sakura Lounge.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Blue
Ach, now you've got me wishing I'd gone there instead!
Old May 29, 2010, 7:45 am

Ach, now you've got me wishing I'd gone there instead!
You can stare at this picture until your next visit

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zR2W0MjbbUQ/S6...ura%20Food.JPG
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by JALPak
You can stare at this picture until your next visit

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zR2W0MjbbUQ/S6...ura%20Food.JPG
...that is an awfully small portion... better have 2 or 3...
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Do they serve curry during the mornings in the JAL F Lounge? Last time I was only OW Sapphire and so the J lounge didn't have curry Though their mentaiko was awesome, but still I wanted to eat their curry.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Comet21
Do they serve curry during the mornings in the JAL F Lounge? Last time I was only OW Sapphire and so the J lounge didn't have curry Though their mentaiko was awesome, but still I wanted to eat their curry.
According to the menu...Nope sorry....

http://www.jal.co.jp/narita-t2/menu/food/

I kind of wish they have something other than BEEF curry....at least have a veggie version or chicken curry for those who don't eat beef...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.