Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:00 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by holycow4
Actually the only Oneworld lounge I found that had sushi (though nothing spectacular) was the Admiral's Club. I don't recall seeing sushin at the JAL Sakura lounge.
JAL F lounge has it but not in the Sakura Lounge...QF might have it too (I saw pictures) but I m not too sure...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL F lounge has it but not in the Sakura Lounge...QF might have it too (I saw pictures) but I m not too sure...
Yes i do recall seeing it in the F lounge but never took much notice. I wouldnt base your decision on which lounge to goto based on sushi selection.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I don't recall ever seeing sushi in the JL F lounge - maybe once or twice, but it's not a regular feature. There's plenty of other good food to recommend it though.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by brenc3
I don't recall ever seeing sushi in the JL F lounge - maybe once or twice, but it's not a regular feature. There's plenty of other good food to recommend it though.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13120542-post20.html
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by holycow4
I agree with the previous sentiments about the sakura lounge - food options are better than AC (good beef curry and udon noodles) and in addition to 10 minute massages you also have the option to relax on the shiatsu massaging chairs.

Sakura J lounge can get quite crowded in the late afternoon though -- however when I arrived in the early afternoon it was pretty empty.
Just spent some time at Sakura Lounge in the main terminal at NRT and here are some points:

Excellent lounge with great staff to match
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Just spent some time at Sakura Lounge in the main terminal at NRT and here are some points:

Best review i have seen in a long time. Thank you.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
JALPak reports here that there's now a new JAL FC lounge at the Satellite building but as a result JAL is closing the 4F section of the FC lounge at the Main building.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Simmo
Best review i have seen in a long time. Thank you.
Just because of this I refuse to post my review on HND lounge
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
How was the crowding? My main gripe with the Sakura Lounge is that it is often packed. The dining area feels like a school cafeteria. For me, the biggest reason to use a lounge is to be able to relax in a quiet, peaceful place, and over-crowding destroys that... I might as well sit in the noisy gate area.

In the mornings I usually go to the AA lounge which is much quieter that time of day.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
How was the crowding? My main gripe with the Sakura Lounge is that it is often packed. The dining area feels like a school cafeteria. For me, the biggest reason to use a lounge is to be able to relax in a quiet, peaceful place, and over-crowding destroys that... I might as well sit in the noisy gate area.
We arrived at NRT at 6:30 AM on CX524 from HKG and after spending much time at the JAL counter to get our boarding passes, took the connecting train http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275656592/ and arrived at the Sakura Lounge at about 7:20 AM. The lounge was still closed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275055113/ We were the first passengers in at 7:30 Am and it was very quite. That did not last along ... suddenly, hoards of passengers who were noticably in a hurry (on a Sunday morning!) arrived at the dining 2nd floor and soon the entire lounge was packed. But by 10:30-11:00 AM all that cleared and the place was peaceful and quite again. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275166821/ This lasted until abround 3 PM when the hoards were back at it again all over the lounge but at that time I had the flat bed area and was about to take my 1:30 hr. nap. We departed about 4:45 PM to catch our JL062 back to LAX and it was still busy. So the easy answer is that the crowds come and go in waves but the lounge is so huge it can accommodate them. And yes it's crowded at times but we were able to get showers, messages, sleep, and good F&B without any difficulty.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275070427/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275770792/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275160813/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5275172305/

In the mornings I usually go to the AA lounge which is much quieter that time of day.
I've spent similar time (about 11 hours) in and around the AA Lounge and although it was very nice (especially the huge shower suite) matched by an excellent staff but the lack of food veriety (including no Santori), no massage service, and its smaller space makes this Sakura a better choice - if you had to chose. I dare to say that this Sakura Lounge is one of the best I've ever been to.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I've spent similar time (about 11 hours) in and around the AA Lounge and although it was very nice (especially the huge shower suite) matched by an excellent staff but the lack of food veriety (including no Santori), no massage service, and its smaller space makes this Sakura a better choice - if you had to chose. I dare to say that this Sakura Lounge is one of the best I've ever been to.
Thanks for the detailed report!

I suppose if I had to spend 11 hours in a lounge I would find massages and food selection more important. But as I originate at NRT (not connecting) I only spend 1 or 2 hours in the lounge tops. Hence the smaller food selection and lack of massages at the AA lounge are less important to me than having peace and quiet.

But then, if I had 11 hours, I'd probably use my oneworld status to go lounge-hopping, spending time at Sakura when it's uncrowded and then moving to the AA lounge when Sakura gets too full...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:01 am

If I had 11 hours, I would probably go through security and has a quick shopping trip or a trip to Narita city. Not going to waste too much time at the lounge
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:19 am

If I had 11 hours, I would probably go through security and has a quick shopping trip or a trip to Narita city. Not going to waste too much time at the lounge
Thanks for the suggestion ... I'd done the same if I was alone ... but with a pregnent wife and a toddler in tow it would been a bit more challanging.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion ... I'd done the same if I was alone ... but with a pregnent wife and a toddler in tow it would been a bit more challanging.
Why did you book on CX flight that arrives so early? You could have booked in a later CX/JL flight that gives you minimum layover.

Your baby is probably too young for the play area in the Sakura lounge then Just a reminder, if you are using OW status to enter the lounge, infant above 3 years old will be counted as an extra guest
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:04 am

Why did you book on CX flight that arrives so early? You could have booked in a later CX/JL flight that gives you minimum layover.

Your baby is probably too young for the play area in the Sakura lounge then Just a reminder, if you are using OW status to enter the lounge, infant above 3 years old will be counted as an extra guest
This was a return award ticket(s) routed by AA staff BKK-HKG-NRT-LAX and we did get charged 110K AA miles for our 28-month young toddler. Total cost for the RT flights for the three of us was 330K AA miles plus about $750 for taxes & fees a bargain in comparison with *A. All in Business ... all worth it and we are very happy with verything except the fish-bone seating arrangements in business in two legs of the trip (LAX-HKG & BKK-HKG) with CX

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 22, 2010 at 9:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.