Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by JumboJetLA
OK So flying in First on JAL on award ticket I CAN still use the First Lounge right?
Yes. ^
Old May 20, 2008, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by JumboJetLA
OK So flying in First on JAL on award ticket I CAN still use the First Lounge right?
Absolutely, and if you are going to be there this Friday afternoon or next Wednesday morning then you might see me. I am usually in the smoking lounge sipping champagne and smoking Cohiba cigarillos.
Old May 21, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: AA/UA
Originally Posted by AH-64D
Absolutely, and if you are going to be there this Friday afternoon or next Wednesday morning then you might see me. I am usually in the smoking lounge sipping champagne and smoking Cohiba cigarillos.
hmm no I don't travel until Sept 27 & Oct 6/7
Old May 21, 2008, 8:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Just went into the Admirals Club for the first time. I was very impressed with the AC, plenty of computers to use, both wired and wireless internet, electrical outlets and ethernet ports built into the tables situated between the chairs and 2 large flat screen TV's set to CNN. Didn't get very crowded in the 2.5 hours I was there, from opening at 0730 to 1000.

The Sakura lounge is humming along efficiently, Just came in to grab a shower and a couple of glasses of draft Kirin before heading back to ORD. Another vacation over, back to the same old, same old...
Old May 23, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: QF, ANZ
I was in the Sakura lounge last night (for 5 hrs!)

I have to say its one of the best I've been in for a while. I was in Narita last yr and the new lounge is much better.

Something I appreciated was the Internet access. It was so unbelievably fast."Its the way the Internet should be".

Needless to say the great shower and massage facilities were greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How crowded would you expect the Sakura lounge to be on Sunday mornings? I'm leaving on AY74 at 11 am.

Do they have sushi at the Sakura? Or ice cream?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
How crowded would you expect the Sakura lounge to be on Sunday mornings? I'm leaving on AY74 at 11 am.

Do they have sushi at the Sakura? Or ice cream?
I would expect it to be PACKED. The most crowded times I've ever seen at Narita were Sunday mornings.

I can't remember if they had sushi or ice cream at the Sakura lounge. Sorry!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I would expect it to be PACKED. The most crowded times I've ever seen at Narita were Sunday mornings.

I can't remember if they had sushi or ice cream at the Sakura lounge. Sorry!
And I thought Sunday mornings might be quieter... Well, thanks for your help. I'll go to the AC instead.

Btw, if the whole airport is very crowded, how long should I expect to have to wait in the security line?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:42 am

And I thought Sunday mornings might be quieter... Well, thanks for your help. I'll go to the AC instead.

Btw, if the whole airport is very crowded, how long should I expect to have to wait in the security line?
I think the longest I ever waited at NRT security in Terminal 2 was about 20 minutes. (That was on a Sunday morning.) Usually the waits are shorter. There is an elite security line, but I think it is only available to JAL elites and first class (not Oneworld elites and not business class).
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I think the longest I ever waited at NRT security in Terminal 2 was about 20 minutes. (That was on a Sunday morning.) Usually the waits are shorter. There is an elite security line, but I think it is only available to JAL elites and first class (not Oneworld elites and not business class).
Thanks! But is the 20-minute waiting time is for the elite line or the regular one?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:18 am

Thanks! But is the 20-minute waiting time is for the elite line or the regular one?
The regular line. The time I had to wait 20 minutes was a couple of years ago, before they established the elite line. I've never had any wait in the elite line.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:05 am

There was actually no line at all at the security control last Sunday. Went through at around 9.50 am.

Remembering what ACs are like in the US I thought I'd try the Sakura and then move to the AC should the Sakura be overcrowded. It turned out that the Sakura lounge was actually a bit crowded but not uncomfortably so. They offered a basic breakfast with both Japanese and western foods available. Quite adequate, I should say. Service friendly.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
FC & lounge experiences

Hey all, long time no post.
We are halfway thru our Japan visit on FC award tix from JFK. Flew over JAL #7 (not #5, which has the new seats). JAL service was very personal and good, as expected. (Maybe moreso, but then again we Kids ain't used to int'l FC.) -Doesn't hurt to have a pregnant wife bringing on extra attention, tho I do not know if I recommend that as a flying "tip"!

The JFK JAL lounge was nice, both Sakura and First. First was quieter, with decent snacks & good drinks.

The lunch after takeoff just kept coming and coming, with a lot of food. After that it is on-demand service, with 5 or so choices. We had the Zaru soba (cold noodles) and I had one of the (3?) fish choices that I did not really like. (Probably a poor choice by me, rather than poor prep.) The choices did not really jump out at me, but I was still too full from lunch.

Champagne was good, ume shuu was good, wine was good, life was good. Slept a decent amount in the flat seats. My entertainment system cut out for an hour or so, but they restarted and was okay. (But both of ours cut in and out during movies, which was a little annoying.)

Going back 7/7 (unless a weekend flight opens up) on AA168. It sounds like the AC is the same one we go in flying coach (plat), which is nice but can get crowded with Plat rabble like ourselves. If I remember correctly the JAL and CX lounges are right there. I believe we can go into each this trip, so will probably settle into the JAL FC lounge (or AC) and then I will check the others out while my wife rolls her eyes and reads something.

Happy flying!
Mark
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: JAL JGC PREMIER, ANA PLATINUM
Hi!
I think the best lounge in NRT is First Class Lounge which is in front of the immigration counter on the main building in the terminal2.
I think it is the world's best curry.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by kidpachinko
Hey all, long time no post.
We are halfway thru our Japan visit on FC award tix from JFK. Flew over JAL #7 (not #5, which has the new seats). JAL service was very personal and good, as expected. (Maybe moreso, but then again we Kids ain't used to int'l FC.)
JL007 "doesn't have the new seats"? Which, exactly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.