Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:18 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I've read back to posts in early 2011 and didn't see the answer to my questions.

I've read the link about OW Lounge access but was confused since the the JAL F lounges didn't show the AA logo next to them but did most other major OW carriers

anyway here is the deal:

Outbound:

3 (Plat Adult; two none status teens) of us traveling on JAL LAX-NRT in F

Can we use the JL F lounge upon arrival killing a few minutes until bags are delivered or is this a bad idea. I know we still have to go through Customs

Return:

NRT-DFW in F on AA

Can we use the JL F lounge

If so, which would be most convenient to the AA gates or is there not much difference in how far from the gates both JAL F lounges are?

If we are not eligible for the JAL F lounge, Is the AA lounge our only option?

If not, what other lounge might we want to try out?

I wouldn't mind a shower prior to departure back to the states although it won't be that big of a deal if I don't.
No you won't have access to JAL lounge upon arrival as arrival and departure areas are separated.

For AA F flights, you can JAL F lounge based on oneworld rules.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:18 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jumbooze
So flying into NRT on JL F and continuing on CX C NRT-BKK (4h 55m) would get me into an F lounge at NRT since it's less than 5 hours?
CX doesn't fly NRT-BKK direct.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by JALPak
No you won't have access to JAL lounge upon arrival as arrival and departure areas are separated.

For AA F flights, you can JAL F lounge based on oneworld rules.
thanks, I figured that out when I arrived yesterday LOL

At least I can use the JAL F lounge upon departure

thanks again

just a side note, wow immigration and customs were a breeze yesterday ^
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:35 am

So, I think I understand the rules, but just want to double check since I need to tell my wife where we will meet her.

My wife and daughter are flying LAX-NRT in first on JAL, and connecting to PVG on a JAL flight in business. My son and I will already be in Japan and will be meeting them inside the transit area to fly on the same NRT to PVG flight in business.

As I understand it, my wife and daughter will have access to the JAL first lounge in NRT, because they will be arriving on an international first flight longer than 5 hours, and connecting to a same-day JAL flight. My son and I will not have access to the JAL lounge (barring some crazy flying in the next month that gets me to Executive Platinum with AA). But my wife and daughter should be able to guest me and my son into the F lounge, I think. Do I have that right? The plan would be simply to have her go to the F lounge, and then text her when we arrive at the airport to come to the front desk and guest us in.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/lounge/japan/nrt/
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/japan/nrt/

*1 ファーストクラスご利用のお客さまのご同行1名様もご利用いただけます。
*1 First class passenger is welcome to invite one guest on the same flight.

It really depends on how people interpret the words.
The Japanese version uses "Travel companion", whereas the English version used "Guest on the same flight".

I would be really surprise if they deny you access. But it is down to how people interpret it and how other people were treated in the same situation in the past.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by nshizuka25
https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/lounge/japan/nrt/
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/japan/nrt/

*1 ファーストクラスご利用のお客さまのご同行1名様もご利用いただけます。
*1 First class passenger is welcome to invite one guest on the same flight.

It really depends on how people interpret the words.
The Japanese version uses "Travel companion", whereas the English version used "Guest on the same flight".

I would be really surprise if they deny you access. But it is down to how people interpret it and how other people were treated in the same situation in the past.
Ahh, that's interesting. But I think either way at a minimum we should have access to the Sakura lounge, so probably ok either way.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:55 pm

Hi...quick question...I am arriving NRT on AA Business at 3:55pm and leaving on JAL coach at 6pm. I am AA EXP (OW Emerald)...1)can i get into the JAL F lounge, and 2) Is 2 hours long enough to get to lounge, shower and then make my flight. I will have carry-on only. Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Hi...quick question...I am arriving NRT on AA Business at 3:55pm and leaving on JAL coach at 6pm. I am AA EXP (OW Emerald)...1)can i get into the JAL F lounge, and 2) Is 2 hours long enough to get to lounge, shower and then make my flight. I will have carry-on only. Thank you.
Yes to all your questions. Since you won't need to enter Japan, you will just have to walk through the transit security zone. Make sure you have your JL boarding pass with you however. You can enter JL F lounge on the basis of your OW Emerald status so have your card handy in case they ask to see it.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:22 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Can i bring one guest with me to the first class lounge? using emerald status
Old May 1, 2016, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Can i bring one guest with me to the first class lounge? using emerald status
Yes, as long as your guest is flying internationally on a OW carrier.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:31 am

Hi,

I'll be flying from NRT to HKG in CX J and would like to ask if JL Sakura lounge is still the best lounge for oneworld's J passangers? I haven't been there so this is only my impression after reading this thread (at least couple of last pages ;-) ).
If you think there're better OW lounges for J, I'll be grateful for your suggestions :-)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:32 am

Sakura Lounge is very crowded. Sometimes it is hard to find a place to sit.
You could try Cathay's for a more relaxed atmosphere.
Other's might have a different opinion.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:42 am

Thank you very much for opinion.
Perhaps it's so crowded because it's the best :-D
Have you visited CX lounge too? Is quality and quantity of food and drinks similar to Sakura? I'll be there in the morning, approx. at 9.30 (if it has any meaning).
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:49 pm

Bump: what's the best oneworld (or Priority Pass) lounge at NRT for sleeping. I will have a 8 hour layover and would prefer a room where I can nap. Worst case might consider paying.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GwailoSIN
Bump: what's the best oneworld (or Priority Pass) lounge at NRT for sleeping. I will have a 8 hour layover and would prefer a room where I can nap. Worst case might consider paying.
There are none of the lounges in T2 that has an actual nap room. Nor really any where to get horizontal.

The JAL F lounge in the satellite building has some chairs that could give a reasonable comfort for a light nap, but nothing really meant for sleeping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.