Originally Posted by JALPak
What time is your NRT-HKG flight?
Around 18:20 CX 505
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by maortega15
Around 18:20 CX 505
Either JAL F lounge should be fine then. They only stop serving food at the satellite one later in the evening.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Either JAL F lounge should be fine then. They only stop serving food at the satellite one later in the evening.
Thanks. What food offerings do they gave at the lounge and is it as good as American's Admiral Club?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:01 pm

Thanks. What food offerings do they gave at the lounge and is it as good as American's Admiral Club?
You can look at the menu here. But it's in Japanese only. Basically they have a few extra dishes compared to the Sakura Lounge

http://www.jal.co.jp/narita-t2/menu/food/
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
There are usually ~2 entrees (one of which will be beef curry after breakfast), soup, mini sandwiches, small appetizer plates, noodle bowls, and a few other odds and ends (salad, fruit, mini plates, etc). The soups are amazingly good, as are the croissants. Quality of everything else is very good but variety and quantity is average for a F lounge IMO - it doesn't hold a candle to CX Wing/Pier F, and for variety even the AA Flagship Lounges have it beaten.

The drinks selection of wine is excellent and whiskey selection is about the best of any F lounge in the world. There is no comparison on either food or drink front to an Admirals Club.

Feeding the menu site through Google translate seems to work for an overview.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:55 pm

By looking at the menu, I was hoping for some sushi!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:26 pm

By looking at the menu, I was hoping for some sushi!
I've never seen sushi in the JL F lounge. The Admirals Club will usually have some, but it's of the California Roll variety.

If you want sushi, try one of the restaurants before security on the floor above ticketing of T2. Better variety than what's inside.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by brenc3
I've never seen sushi in the JL F lounge. The Admirals Club will usually have some, but it's of the California Roll variety.

If you want sushi, try one of the restaurants before security on the floor above ticketing of T2. Better variety than what's inside.
According to the reports, you can request for it and they will bring it out.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I had some high hopes for the AAdmirals lounge after having read some reviews here. I do agree it is better than other AC lounges. It is large and serves some food and has a large selection of alcoholic drinks. Actually the drink selection is comparable to the JFK FL lounge which I am most familiar with. However food selection is not as good as the FL. But then I guess it is not fair to compare an AC lounge directly with a FL. Also with 3 AA flights departing within 15 minutes of each other in the evening, I found the AC lounge to be crowded. It wasn't too crowded that you couldn't find a seat, but moreso than I expected - comparable to a US hub AC lounge during the week. I am glad I had a chance to relax at the peaceful and quiet JAL First Lounge prior to checking out the AC lounge. The beef curry at the First Lounge was as good as others have mentioned here previously.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by brenc3

Sushi was there without fail every time I visit the upstairs F lounge, usu in the morning (before the NRT->ORD flight). Do not expect a lot though. I've seen salmon roe, boiled shrimp, some sort of marinated scallop (teeny ones), some vegetable type, have yet to see raw fish of any variety. Now that they do not open the upper floor, not sure that these will appear in other lounges.

I guess you can ask them about it, but I can only imagine that they will bring out more of whatever they have, if they were originally on the menu for that day. I have tried doing that in the upstairs lounge, but never downstairs.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So I got 3.5 hrs to kill in Narita terminal 2.
My options are.
1. JAL First Lounge Main
2. JAL First Lounge Satellite
3. Qantas Lounge satellite
4. Cathay Lounge main
5. Admiral's Club main
6. IASS Executive Lounge (priority pass)
7. T.E.I Lounge (priority pass)

Which ones would be better? I'm in the JAL F lounge in the main right now, the food sucks here. I'm going to have to go buy some sushi.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by krazieman
So I got 3.5 hrs to kill in Narita terminal 2.
My options are.
1. JAL First Lounge Main
2. JAL First Lounge Satellite
3. Qantas Lounge satellite
4. Cathay Lounge main
5. Admiral's Club main
6. IASS Executive Lounge (priority pass)
7. T.E.I Lounge (priority pass)

Which ones would be better? I'm in the JAL F lounge in the main right now, the food sucks here. I'm going to have to go buy some sushi.
I have 4 hrs to kill in 2 weeks from coming from BKK and going to JFK. Will be there from 725-1125.

What is best lounge for shower etc? I am AA Exec Plt / OW Emerald. Also have Priority Pass
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
I have 4 hrs to kill in 2 weeks from coming from BKK and going to JFK. Will be there from 725-1125.

What is best lounge for shower etc? I am AA Exec Plt / OW Emerald. Also have Priority Pass
JAL F at main building.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the Priority Pass lounges like in T2? I see that they are landside. Also, has anyone used the Qantas lounge...what is it like? I will have a ten hour connection and am traveling on Air New Zealand (which uses the Qantas lounge)...I wonder if they will let me in with my Business Class boarding pass ten hours before departure.

Is there an airside bus that I can take from T2 to T1 to use the Star Alliance lounges there even though I am traveling from T2? Or will they not let you on the airside bus if you dont have a boarding pass from the other terminal?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:35 am

I've never used the PP lounges in T2. The QF lounge is my favorite of the J lounges, with good wine, decent food, and good views. It gets crowded before departure of the QF flights though.

You can't take the airside bus to T1 without a T1 boarding pass. I think with 10hrs to kill you're better off leaving the airport and perhaps visiting Tokyo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.