Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thanks for the update. Now I might have 30 hours in Japan (had originally been a normal layover) --so I can get my Uniqlo fix in town. But just FYI Google is still showing that Uniqlo is open at Haneda, next to a JAL lounge-- but maybe it's next to a domestic JAL Lounge (?) or something. Or re-opened since your last visit? Or, could all-knowing Google be wrong
I was in Haneda on Thursday, still Shiseido in the original Uniqlo location. I did not see a new location, walked from the new Dior stores to gate 141, meaning quite a stretch of the airport. I'll have to see where Uncle G puts Uniqlo in Haneda these days.....
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was in Haneda on Thursday, still Shiseido in the original Uniqlo location. I did not see a new location, walked from the new Dior stores to gate 141, meaning quite a stretch of the airport. I'll have to see where Uncle G puts Uniqlo in Haneda these days.....
The Uniqlo that is still in Haneda according to Uncle G, and the Uncle is correct here, is the landside store in the JAL domestic terminal.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 7:30 pm

I am flying USA-HND (stop) - CTS on an Alaska award, with the HND-CTS leg in Class J. Are there fare class or ticketing restrictions on the airport buyup to domestic F?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by desafino
I am flying USA-HND (stop) - CTS on an Alaska award, with the HND-CTS leg in Class J. Are there fare class or ticketing restrictions on the airport buyup to domestic F?
No, just the capacity restrictions. Meaning that it is likely to be on waitlist on day of departure, and the waitlist will be processed by status.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for the update. Now I might have 30 hours in Japan (had originally been a normal layover) --so I can get my Uniqlo fix in town. But just FYI Google is still showing that Uniqlo is open at Haneda, next to a JAL lounge-- but maybe it's next to a domestic JAL Lounge (?) or something. Or re-opened since your last visit? Or, could all-knowing Google be wrong
I was in Haneda two weeks ago, don't think I saw a Uniqlo airside.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Does JL have a particular order when taking J meal orders?

Hi all,

I have an upcoming JL itinerary that I booked via AA so not able to pre-order my meal. So with that said, is there an order in which FA take meal orders in J (Front to back, front to back of both cabins, FEBO, etc) and also do they give any meal choice preferences to non-JL OWEs? I typically like to sit in the smaller rear cabin on the 787, but if that means there a high likely hood I would miss out on a Japanese or western beef meal, then I’ll move as far front as possible. Thanks so much!
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fender5787
Hi all,

I have an upcoming JL itinerary that I booked via AA so not able to pre-order my meal. So with that said, is there an order in which FA take meal orders in J (Front to back, front to back of both cabins, FEBO, etc) and also do they give any meal choice preferences to non-JL OWEs? I typically like to sit in the smaller rear cabin on the 787, but if that means there a high likely hood I would miss out on a Japanese or western beef meal, then I’ll move as far front as possible. Thanks so much!
The one thing I noticed on JAL is certainly the abundance of food options, but there is no "special order". It will be front to back in each cabin, mostly confirming pre-reserved choices for those who did, and asking for orders from those who did not. There is usually plenty of supply, and mid-flight meals can be ordered directly from your IFE controller. In the event of a shortage, the choice would most likely go to the JAL status holder over a non-status or other airline status holder, but frankly on my JAL flights I almost needed a wheelchair to drag me off the flight I was so stuffed from all of the choices.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fender5787
Hi all,

Orders are taken front to back, and usually if there are any shortages they will manage the tally in the galley and come back to talk to the customers in peril. JAL status will probably take priority in the assignments. If you are on a 131 ticket you can pre order your specific meal and there will be no worries.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks for both the replies! So suffice to say, even if I’m in row 7 of a 788, chances are I’d still be able to snag a Japanese meal
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
I have a booking from ORD-HND-LHR with a 19hr overnight layover. Would I generally have any issue short-checking my bag to Tokyo? I am not planning on having much carry-on.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Quick Q-- First Class just appeared on the day I want to travel from BOTH Narita and Haneda.
Any difference in ground handling or inflight services in F between NRT/HND? Thanks for any quick reply!
(edit: currently ticketed for F from Haneda because it leaves 20 min later. It's 50 min from Shinjuku vs. 1:12 to NRT (less difference than I thought!) and only Y500 vs. Y2770. But open to swtiching to NRT flight if people here think it's worth it.).
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Quick Q-- First Class just appeared on the day I want to travel from BOTH Narita and Haneda.
Any difference in ground handling or inflight services in F between NRT/HND? Thanks for any quick reply!
(edit: currently ticketed for F from Haneda because it leaves 20 min later. It's 50 min from Shinjuku vs. 1:12 to NRT (less difference than I thought!) and only Y500 vs. Y2770. But open to swtiching to NRT flight if people here think it's worth it.).
Never flew International F from either airports but I don't think JL handles F on the ground like how some other Airlines do it.

You'll just have access to Priority Security at least. Don't think there's a difference inflight as well.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:20 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Never flew International F from either airports but I don't think JL handles F on the ground like how some other Airlines do it.

You'll just have access to Priority Security at least. Don't think there's a difference inflight as well.
There's no priority security at HND. At least it wasn't open when I was there last week.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In flight, exactly same. Airport experience mainly same, the priority security at Haneda is closed at the moment, but you can make sure you can use JAL Face Express. Since almost no one does it is close to priority....
Lounges are the same.

Depending on mode of transport, Narita is probably far more comfortable if longer. To get to Haneda, you'll have to take commuter trains and take your bags through a change or two. For Narita you can sit in the same bus from hotel to airport or take the more comfortable Narita Express train.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
Question Rebooking options after airline changed departure.

I have an international trip booked through JL with a departure that has moved several hours due to airline-initiated schedule changes. Does JL have a fully free rebook option and if so how many hours of deviation are required to unlock it? First and longest flight is a JL codeshare on AA in case that matters. Thank you in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.