Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No, JAL has not announced new J or F yet. That will be coming with the A350-1000, from 2023.

They did a refresh, new colours, new surfaces, new looks to the 777-300ER.
While I loved the seat and especially the service, I have to say the 777-300ER J seats looked very worn, especially the surfaces, certainly in comparison with many other competitor’s well aged seats
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
While I loved the seat and especially the service, I have to say the 777-300ER J seats looked very worn, especially the surfaces, certainly in comparison with many other competitor’s well aged seats
Those were probably still the red fabric ones?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Those were probably still the red fabric ones?
I had a couple red and one blue but there was still a lot of damage to the trim, faux wood etc on every seat.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I had a couple red and one blue but there was still a lot of damage to the trim, faux wood etc on every seat.
​​​​​​
There is no faux wood in the refreshed version.

The pre refresh version did indeed end up looking its age and a bit. The refreshed version does look quite sleek on the planes I have been on so far.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:04 pm

​​​​​​

The pre refresh version did indeed end up looking its age and a bit. The refreshed version does look quite sleek on the planes I have been on so far.
Are these refreshed blue seats operating on all 777-300s? Flying JL6 nect month.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morkai
Are these refreshed blue seats operating on all 777-300s? Flying JL6 nect month.
They are actually black. The homepage does not show more about the refresh project, so I would assume all planes have been completed. But there was never any tracker online.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:38 pm

​​​​​​

Are there any photos available? I had two segments on what felt like an aged seat and a friend just flew the same route this week and had similar seats
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there any photos available? I had two segments on what felt like an aged seat and a friend just flew the same route this week and had similar seats
I'll have to check if I have a picture. There used to be a before and after on website, but it is not there any longer....
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This would be the colour scheme of the original version, and the still the fixture colour on the 787-8 and 787-9. The refreshed version would have black fabric on the seat, and a darker colour scheme on the shell, but this was only planned for the 777-300ER.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:20 am

I'll have to check if I have a picture. There used to be a before and after on website, but it is not there any longer....
Is this what you were looking for? https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/service/newsky/w84/
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:26 pm

For lax first class to Tokyo , are there any good lounges? It’s on a aa/jal ticket.

I also have Amex centurion. Can I go to admirals first class?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:54 pm

Is it normal in F that they do not give out more than 1 servings of anything from the A la carte menu? We tried asking for more of the macrons, or ice cream, or yogurt but were told no. Also I found the Japanese menu to be very limited. I was expecting sushi tbh...
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stocktc1
For lax first class to Tokyo , are there any good lounges? It’s on a aa/jal ticket.

I also have Amex centurion. Can I go to admirals first class?
The Qantas First Class Lounge is available in TBIT.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by najama2
Is it normal in F that they do not give out more than 1 servings of anything from the A la carte menu? We tried asking for more of the macrons, or ice cream, or yogurt but were told no. Also I found the Japanese menu to be very limited. I was expecting sushi tbh...
I never tried to get the same item more than once, so I don't know. Was it "No you can't have more than one" or more like "No we are unfortunately out of that item"?

I don't think I have ever seen sushi on a JAL long haul flight. I have had it once to Seoul Gimpo, but it is not a frequent menu item with JAL.
​​​​​
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by najama2
it’s supposed to be unlimited . Are you like 400 pounds ?…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.