Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Did you actually pay the ticket? There is a two step approach in the flow, first booking then payment. Both steps should give an email with details of the booking.
Yup, I got all details except that notorious order number. Guess I'm gonna hang out in the hotline for a while
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Baschiiii
Yup, I got all details except that notorious order number. Guess I'm gonna hang out in the hotline for a while
​​​​​
Isn't there a link in the email that will take you to the booking?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:23 am

Is there a way to search for B and Y international economy fares on the JAL website? (For the purpose of earning 100% FLYON pts per mile)

I have a multi-city itinerary that I've put together with Google Flights and ITA Matrix, which I can book through several somewhat sketchy third-party websites, which don't display fare codes at all. When I look up the same itinerary on JAL's website, it prices for roughly the same price, but the fares come up as a combination of K and Y. I haven't found a way yet to for the website to show only B or Y. I would have thought there'd be some "refundable fares only" option or something like that, if not full options over fares...?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by phonehome
Is there a way to search for B and Y international economy fares on the JAL website? (For the purpose of earning 100% FLYON pts per mile)

I have a multi-city itinerary that I've put together with Google Flights and ITA Matrix, which I can book through several somewhat sketchy third-party websites, which don't display fare codes at all. When I look up the same itinerary on JAL's website, it prices for roughly the same price, but the fares come up as a combination of K and Y. I haven't found a way yet to for the website to show only B or Y. I would have thought there'd be some "refundable fares only" option or something like that, if not full options over fares...?
You'd probably find it cheaper to get an R premium economy booking than a Y or B economy booking if it is just for the FOP.

The fare families can vary by point of sale, but Y is in Economy Flex and B in Economy Semi Flex. Though I don't know of an option to push it from M to B if M is available in the semi flex family. Probably a TA or calling JAL can fix that.

They layout of website also does differ by POS, but in the Japan region I can see the fare families, and current offered booking class just by selecting economy at the input screen. But as said, I don't have an option to move from the lowest available in that family to B.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Baschiiii
Sadly not
Welp, then call the credit card company, they WILL have a record of the ticket number
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I just booked some CX awards for JAL domestic. How can I find out what the JAL PNR is as the CX one won't let me MMB and book seats.

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:34 am

Well, I goofed a bit and put myself in First Class and my wife in Business without really thinking about it. We are on the same flight. Of course, we will look closer in to see if we can upgrade to F if award space opens up. But... if it doesn't, will JAL allow us to "switch" so that I take my wife's seat and she can move up to F? I sort of doubt it, but wondering if they would be flexible.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:44 pm

Do you folks have any tips on what's a cheap mileage run for 2,300 FLYON points (incl. bonuses/doubling/etc)? What routes tend to be cheaper per airline mile within Japan?

I'll be just shy of 80,000 this year, and I'll be in Japan for a few days in November, so I could try something domestic perhaps.

EDIT: Also, Is it correct that the current 2.0x FLYON points bonus on international bookings does not stack with the standard 1.5x FLYON bonus for bookings within Oceania? Normally SYD-HND earns at 1.5x, so I'm guessing with the current promotion it'll just be 2.0x, not 3.0x?

Last edited by phonehome; Sep 29, 2022 at 2:43 pm
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morkai
Well, I goofed a bit and put myself in First Class and my wife in Business without really thinking about it. We are on the same flight. Of course, we will look closer in to see if we can upgrade to F if award space opens up. But... if it doesn't, will JAL allow us to "switch" so that I take my wife's seat and she can move up to F? I sort of doubt it, but wondering if they would be flexible.
It will be at the discretion of the head of the cabin. You can ask when boarding.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you folks have any tips on what's a cheap mileage run for 2,300 FLYON points (incl. bonuses/doubling/etc)? What routes tend to be cheaper per airline mile within Japan?

I'll be just shy of 80,000 this year, and I'll be in Japan for a few days in November, so I could try something domestic perhaps.

EDIT: Also, Is it correct that the current 2.0x FLYON points bonus on international bookings does not stack with the standard 1.5x FLYON bonus for bookings within Oceania? Normally SYD-HND earns at 1.5x, so I'm guessing with the current promotion it'll just be 2.0x, not 3.0x?
If you fly a 1000 FOP flight to Australia, you'd get 500 from the regional boost, 1500 from the current campaign, and potentially 400 boarding points. So yes the regional bonus or domestic bonus is also doubled, but not the boarding points.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 29, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:02 am

I'm planning on flying LAX-BKK in Premium Economy (PE) roundtrip in November. I saw that JAL offers a bid upgrade option possibly from PE to Business. I was unable to find information on what the minimum bid is for this type of upgrade. Does anyone know the minimum bid and the potential likelihood of getting an upgrade with a minimum bid?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Skuldy
I'm planning on flying LAX-BKK in Premium Economy (PE) roundtrip in November. I saw that JAL offers a bid upgrade option possibly from PE to Business. I was unable to find information on what the minimum bid is for this type of upgrade. Does anyone know the minimum bid and the potential likelihood of getting an upgrade with a minimum bid?
There has not really been any reports about it. But you basically need to get an invitation mail to be able to bid, so there is not even an guarantee that you will be able to bid.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you fly a 1000 FOP flight to Australia, you'd get 500 from the regional boost, 1500 from the current campaign, and potentially 400 boarding points. So yes the regional bonus or domestic bonus is also doubled, but not the boarding points.
Thanks, if that's the case, I might even get to 100k this year!

JAL's website doesn't mention the regional bonus at all, and their FLYON calculator didn't seem to include it at all, so I'm still a bit unsure if it'll really get added on, effectively a 3.0x FOP earn rate per mile flown in R/W
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, if that's the case, I might even get to 100k this year!

JAL's website doesn't mention the regional bonus at all, and their FLYON calculator didn't seem to include it at all, so I'm still a bit unsure if it'll really get added on, effectively a 3.0x FOP earn rate per mile flown in R/W
I flew to Tokyo HCMC, and the earning including the regional bonus was doubled, but the 400 boarding points were not doubled.
phonehome likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
I am curious, trying to do such itin for my trip via Multi city booking tab (instead on the main apge)

Day 1+1 KUL-NRT
Day 2 - HND-ISG-HND
Day 4 - NRT-KUL

No problem getting fare quoted in EY and C/Class J.
But will get error when trying to book domestic first class on ISG route (checked and they have seat there) not sure why but I assumed kul segment need to be first class as well (which they dont do so) in order to book? Something like all leg must be in First class then only it is do-able?

However, when I tried to add one more dom routing

Day 1+1 KULNRT
Day 2 - HND-ISG-HND
Day 3 - HND-OKA-HND
Day 4 - NRT-KUL

I will get this error after selection NRT KUL Leg, not sure why, tried from EY to C class will still have this error.

And yes, considered Jal explorer pass but now the accumulation is so low

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.