Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by JALPak

that’s not winter schedule. That’s SUMMER.
In Europe, winter season is end of October to end of April and summer is end of April to end of October. Regardless of what it's called where, it is apparent that flights are available until end of October and I would like to know when it may be possible to book flights for the following season (i.e. the following six months).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All!

We're flying HND-NGO-HNL on Friday. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO was sold out in business so that's in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
yes. written here (link)
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Will we have lounge access in HND? Thanks!
definitely. written here (link)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
When does JAL usually open their domestic winter schedule for bookings?
As of today, I'd be able to book until October 27 or 28; I am looking for a flight in mid-April 2019.
if memory serves me right, around 3 months from the next half schedule.
summer schedule of 7 months is 3/28 - 10/27, open from around 12/28
winter schedule of 5 months is 10/28 - 3/27, open from around 7/28
You would have to wait until next year January
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
if memory serves me right, around 3 months from the next half schedule.
summer schedule of 7 months is 3/28 - 10/27, open from around 12/28
winter schedule of 5 months is 10/28 - 3/27, open from around 7/28
You would have to wait until next year January
Thank you for pointing out that JAL uses 5 and 7 months for their domestic schedules, I certainly did not think of that. Guess I'll just book a Japan Explorer or ANA Experience fare then instead of waiting until January, not knowing how prices will be.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
For last year,
flights from 29 Oct 2017 to 24 Mar 2018
Sakitoku/SuperSakitoku/UltraSakitoku were bookable from
27 Aug 1100JST (for JAL status member)
27 Aug 1400JST (for JAL card member)
28 Aug 1100JST (for JMB member)
29 Aug 0930JST (for general/public)

For Tokuwari fares, always 2 months advance.
ZKOKA likes this.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jun 28, 2018 at 1:40 am
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:10 am

Does JAL ever release any award space from OKA to OKJ? Ive been looking for anything and haven't come across nothing without going through HND.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by brabb12
Does JAL ever release any award space from OKA to OKJ? Ive been looking for anything and haven't come across nothing without going through HND.
I can find availability of dicect OKA-OKJ (JTA 016)
Y on 18,19,21 Aug
J on 21,23,24 Aug

If you want to use FFP other than JMB, you had better ask in an appropriate forum.
Some FFP can't provide JTA flights on the web.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:07 am

I keep getting this error at the seat selection page when trying to redeem a premium economy award ticket:

"Flight(s) JL004 have pending seat selection(s) which will be cancelled when continuing. Are you sure you want to continue?"

And then of course I have no seat selected on the next page. Has anyone seen this issue before?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by makeshiftwings
I keep getting this error at the seat selection page when trying to redeem a premium economy award ticket:

"Flight(s) JL004 have pending seat selection(s) which will be cancelled when continuing. Are you sure you want to continue?"

And then of course I have no seat selected on the next page. Has anyone seen this issue before?
That is the flow of the new homepage....

Click on the seat you want, then click on the confirm button right below the box where the seat number is written. (can't remember if it says confirm or OK) if you don't click the extra time, the seat selection is not final .
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is the flow of the new homepage....

Click on the seat you want, then click on the confirm button right below the box where the seat number is written. (can't remember if it says confirm or OK) if you don't click the extra time, the seat selection is not final .
Wow I feel dumb. Wasn't expecting anything to change since I bought the departure 2 weeks ago. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by makeshiftwings
Wow I feel dumb. Wasn't expecting anything to change since I bought the departure 2 weeks ago. Thanks!
I still sometimes forget the second click...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

I hope JAL is getting a lot from this migration, 'cause I definitely don't like it. I already bought 3 RT with other airlines because I was having trouble with their new interface. One of which was because of the same problem with seat assignment.
Don't even get me started with award tickets. Oh my...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgchiker
I hope JAL is getting a lot from this migration, 'cause I definitely don't like it. I already bought 3 RT with other airlines because I was having trouble with their new interface. One of which was because of the same problem with seat assignment.
Don't even get me started with award tickets. Oh my...
It is interesting how almost every airline forum has conversations like this, how bad or unintuitive new Web sites are, and how bad the IS are for the airlines. Makes me wonder, is really this difficult to make a good airlines website.

For JAL it seem they wanted to keep a lot of the old look and feel, though it seems to have patched very poorly on to the new back end, giving some rather odd flows from time to time. I really don't understand why they did not design from scratch. But looking at some recent Web site redesigns around, lots of airlines are also failing at that.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:02 pm

I'm flying JAL in J from HND-JFK on aug 11 and only middle and aisle seats are currently available. I'm hoping to switch into a window seat sometime before departure. It is my understanding that JAL blocks/reserves a certain number of seats for selection by JMB elites, how would I be able to distinguish between a blocked and occupied seat? I have expertflyer but was wondering whether some of the "occupied" seats are actually just blocked.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:40 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by flytalker18
I'm flying JAL in J from HND-JFK on aug 11 and only middle and aisle seats are currently available. I'm hoping to switch into a window seat sometime before departure. It is my understanding that JAL blocks/reserves a certain number of seats for selection by JMB elites, how would I be able to distinguish between a blocked and occupied seat? I have expertflyer but was wondering whether some of the "occupied" seats are actually just blocked.
Occupied seats shown are occupied. Blocked seats may be shown as available or blocked on EF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.