Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So Mrs. LC, her mother and I are landing at NRT at 0930 on IB and looking to book a 1430 onward connection via BA avios from HND.

Is this enough time to clear immigration/customs and get to HND on time via the Keisei train? No mobility issues.

If there is a delay on arrival causing us to miss the flight, will JAL reacommodate us to the next available flight? I'm Platinum on Iberia Plus (OW Emerald) if that is at all relevant.
5 hours is plenty of time to move from Narita to Haneda I would recommend taking the bus rather than the train, far more practical. About a two hour delay and it would get really iffy.

I read it like you will on separate tickets, so JAL has not obligation to reaccommodate you. Will they do it? Maybe on a domestic, less likely on an international flight. You are from their point late originating passengers
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by EDIer
Sorry, one further question, is there more than one JAL lounge in ITM and might I get access to the JAL 'Diamond' lounge?
Thanks again

Passengers connecting to first class should get access in the Diamond Premier so my guess is yes. From May onwards the Diamond Premier lounge is in the location of the Sakura lounge, and the Sakura lounge has a temporary space due to renewal work.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
Thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:39 am

Hi, I am new to JAL & I have 78,000 JAL miles and am located between Tokyo/Hong Kong.

I have a few trips roughly planned to Europe and Oceania in the next 12 months

Could someone offer the best way to maximise these miles, preferably using business class awards.

Thanks.

(Sorry if i have posted in wrong section)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:44 pm

Award redemption for EK J or Y

I was curious to hear what people's thoughts are on redeeming for EK J or F. I was thinking about transferring over Starwood points to fly from west US to SE asia. Is it hard to find award space for two (planning 8-10 months out)?
Thanks in advance..
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bizum
I was curious to hear what people's thoughts are on redeeming for EK J or F. I was thinking about transferring over Starwood points to fly from west US to SE asia. Is it hard to find award space for two (planning 8-10 months out)?
Thanks in advance..
Please look here, dedicated thread for EK redemption

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1443945-using-jal-points-ek-22.html#post29609695
bizum likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Please look here, dedicated thread for EK redemption

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1443945-using-jal-points-ek-22.html#post29609695
Thank you, I somehow missed that thread when I searched!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:41 pm

I haven't found, but I'm sure it's in here somewhere... I'm looking for a thread indexing what routes have angle flat business class seats.
Specifically routes from the west coast of USA/Canada.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sinecure
I haven't found, but I'm sure it's in here somewhere... I'm looking for a thread indexing what routes have angle flat business class seats.
Specifically routes from the west coast of USA/Canada.
YVR, SAN, and on the KIX LAX route. The rest of the US routes are full flat.
sinecure likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:57 pm

Awesome thanks. So SFO and LAX are full flat.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sinecure
Awesome thanks. So SFO and LAX are full flat.
Yep. They are both on 77W to NRT.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:42 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yep. They are both on 77W to NRT.
JL doesn’t operate SFO-NRT
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

JL doesn’t operate SFO-NRT
I know. Was just a short cut of higlighting once more that LAX NRT yes, LAX KIX no.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by herschelflyer007
Hi, I am new to JAL & I have 78,000 JAL miles and am located between Tokyo/Hong Kong.
I have a few trips roughly planned to Europe and Oceania in the next 12 months. Could someone offer the best way to maximize these miles, preferably using business class awards.Thanks.(Sorry if i have posted in wrong section)
this is the right forum to post.
Unfortunately, 78000 miles wont get you far in business. You are better off topping up with 2000 miles from SPG or flights, and use a 80,000 miles award
There are mainly two award charts to look at.
On JAL flights (see chart here), you can get a return ticket in business class Tokyo to/from Sydney/Melbourne/Moscow/Hawaii for 80,000 miles.
On JAL partner flights (One world, Emirates etc., see chart here), you can use the 80,000 miles award zone for a 12000 miles return trip in business class. Hong kong to France/Germany etc on Cathay pacific just fits within the 12000 miles return trip length (one way <6000 miles, check out here).

So, the key is getting the extra 2000 miles to unlock useful awards. Otherwise, you are limited to intra-Asia awards which are a waste of miles.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone know the hours on the sushi bar in the JAL NRT lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.