Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Old Dec 18, 18, 1:17 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I'll have to complain louder next year
Old Dec 18, 18, 2:26 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I'll have to complain louder next year
Upgrade Award Ticket PLUS will probably be introduced next year as a result
Old Dec 18, 18, 5:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
No JAL pilots calendar at T1 Flight Shop, but did have JTA ones that are sold out in Amazon.jp. I thought they were selling bulk packs of the snack goods previously, or am I misremembering?
Old Dec 18, 18, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
No JAL pilots calendar at T1 Flight Shop, but did have JTA ones that are sold out in Amazon.jp. I thought they were selling bulk packs of the snack goods previously, or am I misremembering?
Do they still have the CA desktop size one?
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Do they still have the CA desktop size one?
Hmm... I canít remember now. I remember seeing a stack of them at least once somewhere on my trip and thinking wow theyíre not sold out, but I think it was the calendar section of a bookstore.

Senior CA starting chuckling when she saw the copy of Air Stage behind Airline (January is for JAL?). GrASping life is alright, but I think I prefer PY.

Shoot, I forgot to ask for wontons on the outbound flight.

Last edited by rustykettel; Dec 19, 18 at 9:10 am Reason: wrong title
Old Dec 24, 18, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fuel surcharge for Feb 1- Mar 31...is going up when crude oil price is almost 45% down.
Old Dec 24, 18, 10:53 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Flew back on Xmas even from HNL and found that JL tagged our luggages with handwritten notes on Xmas ornament shaped tags when we retrieved the luggages! Very cute. I wonder if they do this every year, and on every routes? Flew JFK-NRT last year on 23rd arriving 24th but didnít get anything.
Old Dec 24, 18, 11:50 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
Flew back on Xmas even from HNL and found that JL tagged our luggages with handwritten notes on Xmas ornament shaped tags when we retrieved the luggages! Very cute. I wonder if they do this every year, and on every routes? Flew JFK-NRT last year on 23rd arriving 24th but didnít get anything.
I have not flown on Xmas, but flying on Halloween from Hi Chi Minh City got a very cute Halloween tag. I don't know if they do it an all routes, but they do seem to have some holiday tags.

But it seems to be only for the one day, colleague flying on the 30th of October did not get a tag.
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
It's there, you just need to change the URL to 19 FLY ON members only [April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020] Fly on JAL International Upgrade Awards and Get Miles Back Promotion - JAL Mileage Bank

SAN will be the best deal for upgrade with SS and full long-haul service (unlike YVR)

There are new restrictions added though...you can't get miles back if you have redeemed the upgrade at discounted rate, e.g. SFO
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

@CPH-Flyer, you will soon have another option when you go do business with Putin

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/164631
Old Jan 15, 19, 4:41 am

@CPH-Flyer, you will soon have another option when you go do business with Putin

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/164631
Yeah I saw. For the summer season, more capacity is needed. For winter, still wide open. I guess it is still tourists more than businesses filling the planes.
Old Jan 28, 19, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Now that Arashi has announced they will take "a break" from Dec 31 2020, who will be the next JAL spokesperson!?
Old Jan 28, 19, 5:48 am

Now that Arashi has announced they will take "a break" from Dec 31 2020, who will be the next JAL spokesperson!?
I am sure there are plenty of J Pop groups that will look photogenic on the side of a plane....
Old Jan 28, 19, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am sure there are plenty of J Pop groups that will look photogenic on the side of a plane....
but they aren't as popular though...do they have enough fans to fill multiple chartered flights to HNL for their concerts?
Old Jan 28, 19, 6:03 am

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
i have both the JL and NH one from XMas 2017
bakaneko85 likes this.

Search this Thread