Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Reply

Old Dec 14, 18, 7:05 am
  #736  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,438
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
That's another cross I will have to bear. But I will bear it with grace....

If they really did listen to me, I am looking forward to getting the replacement campaigns, I only asked for more interesting options, not just to abolish without putting something else up for us....
What suggestions did you give them?
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 7:16 am
  #737  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
What suggestions did you give them?
“get rid of this or I quit and switch to NH” LOL
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 9:27 am
  #738  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,438
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
“get rid of this or I quit and switch to NH” LOL
I meant the replacement campaigns he is talking about, like what suggestions did he comment on.
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:11 am
  #739  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I meant the replacement campaigns he is talking about, like what suggestions did he comment on.
Campaigns that are more interesting than the one he can't take advantage of
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:19 pm
  #740  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,312
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

“get rid of this or I quit and switch to NH” LOL
Haha, that is very far from the the point I made.


Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
What suggestions did you give them?
I can't actually remember if I made specific suggestions for other options, but I did point out that this specific campaign had no value to their most frequent flyers, and they should really add some better options than this
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 7:28 pm
  #741  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,438
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I can't actually remember if I made specific suggestions for other options, but I did point out that this specific campaign had no value to their most frequent flyers, and they should really add some better options than this
I see, so it is possible they may just get rid of this campaign altogether and replace with nothing... Time to blame you if that's the case lol!
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 11:48 pm
  #742  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I see, so it is possible they may just get rid of this campaign altogether and replace with nothing... Time to blame you if that's the case lol!
not just this campaign, it’s the entire upgrade package lol
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 11:58 pm
  #743  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,312
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

not just this campaign, it’s the entire upgrade package lol
Remind me, what else was in the package?
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 18, 10:48 am
  #744  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Remind me, what else was in the package?
Sakura lounge access for crystal and upgrade rebate, which are all useless to you!
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 9:34 pm
  #745  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
And when did they announce the discounted upgrade last year? So far there’s no renewal announcement either

thats another campaign not “interesting” enough for CPH-Flyer, so blame him if JL ends up not renewing it

i hope JL was too busy with award ticket PLUS so they delayed all these renewals
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:10 pm
  #746  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,312
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
And when did they announce the discounted upgrade last year? So far there’s no renewal announcement either

thats another campaign not “interesting” enough for CPH-Flyer, so blame him if JL ends up not renewing it

i hope JL was too busy with award ticket PLUS so they delayed all these renewals
I never commented on that campaign, but maybe the lack of praise from my side killed it? If so, that is yet another cross I will have to bear....
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:42 pm
  #747  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I never commented on that campaign, but maybe the lack of praise from my side killed it? If so, that is yet another cross I will have to bear....
JL basically reviewed and killed all campaigns you have never taken advantage of
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:47 pm
  #748  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,312
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

JL basically reviewed and killed all campaigns you have never taken advantage of
The miles back on upgrade campaign would not be killed then..... Have used that one.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:48 pm
  #749  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The miles back on upgrade campaign would not be killed then..... Have used that one.
ok so that will be renewed FOR SURE lol
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 18, 1:09 am
  #750  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,438
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I never commented on that campaign, but maybe the lack of praise from my side killed it? If so, that is yet another cross I will have to bear....
It's back

FLY ON Members only JAL Group Domestic Flight Double FLY ON Points Promotion "for a month of your choice" - JAL Mileage Bank

Lounge coupon is also there, but upgrade miles back seems not.

Last edited by coolfish1103; Dec 18, 18 at 1:14 am
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread