FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   [JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1172550-jmb-sakura-lounge-jal-forum-conversational-thread.html)

JALPak Jan 14, 11 11:05 pm

[JMB Forum Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread
 
In an attempt to keep the 2011 Meet Ups thread off-topic free. I have started this conversational thread for people who kept posting off-topic discussions there. Feel free to do your random chit chat here and please keep your off-topic posts off the meet up thread. Thank you!

Edit: But one request though, if there's a specific thread on your topic, e.g. Meet up related discussion, please try to use that thread instead. Thanks!

JALPak Jan 15, 11 3:36 am

I heard there's heavy rain in Philippines, did you have a good trip there KIXman? And how's your flight? Do you prefer PR over CX? (I know the answer for JAL so no need to ask :p)

JALPak Jan 15, 11 4:08 am

Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow :p

kaka Jan 15, 11 4:38 am


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15662750)
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow :p

SFC is OT in this forum :o:o move to the ANA Forum!!!

KIXman Jan 15, 11 4:59 am


Originally Posted by kaka (Post 15662796)
SFC is OT in this forum :o:o move to the ANA Forum!!!

:D:D:D
So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it! :)

kaka Jan 15, 11 6:14 am


Originally Posted by KIXman (Post 15662835)
:D:D:D
So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it! :)

Move this.

But u can show ur preference among jl pr n cx... If u can actually go to philipines using jl

JALPak Jan 15, 11 12:18 pm


Originally Posted by kaka (Post 15662796)
SFC is OT in this forum :o:o move to the ANA Forum!!!

This is the lounge thread so nothing is off topic. And this is for people who like breaking rules and kept posting OT posts in other threads! Yea that's YOU

JALPak Jan 15, 11 12:19 pm


Originally Posted by kaka (Post 15663017)
Move this.

But u can show ur preference among jl pr n cx... If u can actually go to philipines using jl

Wth you talking about? KIXman flew there on JL last Nov/Dec!

JALPak Jan 15, 11 12:42 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15664674)
This is the lounge thread so nothing is off topic. And this is for people who like breaking rules and kept posting OT posts in other threads! Yea that's YOU

But one request though, if there's a specific thread on your topic, e.g. Meet up related discussion, please try to use that thread instead. Thanks!

JALPak Jan 15, 11 12:48 pm


Originally Posted by KIXman (Post 15662835)
:D:D:D
So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it! :)

But just from your picture, I actually prefer the Y meal on PR over CX's J. Just saw my friend's ex-SFO J meal pic, the sweet and sour pork with fried rice looks extremely greasy and just like their Y meals :rolleyes: PR's is more appetizing but I guess it didn't taste so good?

Just stick with JL or even NH next time (when they finally launch that route)!

Simmo Jan 15, 11 6:39 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15662750)
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow :p

Surprisingly enough it was easy to get and side effects of taking them did not effect me thus i guess either of the ones i have will work. I think one is for calming the mind thus for people who are so stressed they cannot sleep and the other is just to knock you out. Either way after 7 hours of sleep i felt fine waking up so no groggy feeling whatsoever so I am happy.

I never drink alcohol when I fly which i think pretty much is one of the main benefits of lounge access which i have never taken up which is probably to the airline's benefit. (save them money) Even in the First Class lounges i have thought about it but then decided against it as back when I was just legal age I tried some and well I only had one glass of wine and I spent the rest entire trip in the galley, toilet and nearly did not get accepted back into Australia as i looked so bad, they wanted to run tests to find out whether I had some deadly disease.

OT The goose and I am currently lying down on the bed (she's still sleeping) whilst staying in Sheraton Sapporo waiting for the Spa to open! And yes we survived Nakayama toge which was very icy. So much snow now in Sapporo that you could have a snowball fight anywhere so if you want to fly JAL then fly yourself up here on a Sunday or Monday until Mid March and after that Saturday or Sunday works best.

JALPak - are you planning on flying anywhere in particular with JAL or OW carriers this year?


Originally Posted by kaka (Post 15662796)
SFC is OT in this forum :o:o move to the ANA Forum!!!

Again, the SFC MR is a dry run for the JGC so i guess it is somewhat related. Following the logic of trying to get the most miles out of my company i am most certainly going to London in late Oct for some roadshow then i guess i need to do the rest of my JGC run from there.

A long time to plan but still in the back of my mind.

JALPak Jan 15, 11 6:54 pm


Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15666365)
OT The goose and I am currently lying down on the bed (she's still sleeping) whilst staying in Sheraton Sapporo waiting for the Spa to open! And yes we survived Nakayama toge which was very icy. So much snow now in Sapporo that you could have a snowball fight anywhere so if you want to fly JAL then fly yourself up here on a Sunday or Monday until Mid March and after that Saturday or Sunday works best.

JALPak - are you planning on flying anywhere in particular with JAL or OW carriers this year?

There's no OT this this thread ;) And glad that you didn't share too much details or this will become X rated :D

Just the same old places this year with a visit to OKA and CTS/HKD during stopovers. But that would give me way too much FOPs so maybe I should skip CTS/HKD, i.e. Hokkai-DO Round 2, to save some money :p

Family trying to convince me to visit Korea again instead of OKA (still couldn't find a cheap OKA package on JAL) so we will see. Since most CX packages can't earn FOPs so I would rather not doing that. KE is an option to Korean but that would mean no lounge access for me. So it's a hard decision.

LAS/SFO on AA is possible too. Haven't been to Vegas before. Wanna join me for a Vegas run and have some fun :p Oh HNL is an option too but it costs more :(

Wanna visit Australia but it costs too much :( I will just go visit you and pretend that I am in Australia.

JALPak Jan 15, 11 7:00 pm


Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15666365)
I never drink alcohol when I fly which i think pretty much is one of the main benefits of lounge access which i have never taken up which is probably to the airline's benefit. (save them money) Even in the First Class lounges i have thought about it but then decided against it as back when I was just legal age I tried some and well I only had one glass of wine and I spent the rest entire trip in the galley, toilet and nearly did not get accepted back into Australia as i looked so bad, they wanted to run tests to find out whether I had some deadly disease.

You look pale enough without drinking. Shouldn't the alcohol helps and turns your face red? Can't believe you can't drink at all. Didn't you keep refilling your Sapporo Classic last time and yet ChrisLi was the one who looked buzzed :D

Simmo Jan 15, 11 7:09 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15666444)
You look pale enough without drinking. Shouldn't the alcohol helps and turns your face red? Can't believe you can't drink at all. Didn't you keep refilling your Sapporo Classic last time and yet ChrisLi was the one who looked buzzed :D

Very funny. The problem is the flying and drinking not the drinking bit. Actually i recall I was on a JAL plane when i was really sick too. Quite funny having someone banging on the toilet door trying to get you out which is only something i imagined you would see in the movies rather than RL.


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 15666415)
There's no OT this this thread ;) And glad that you didn't share too much details or this will become X rated :D

Just the same old places this year with a visit to OKA and CTS/HKD during stopovers. But that would give me way too much FOPs so maybe I should skip CTS/HKD, i.e. Hokkai-DO Round 2, to save some money :p

Family trying to convince me to visit Korea again instead of OKA (still couldn't find a cheap OKA package on JAL) so we will see. Since most CX packages can't earn FOPs so I would rather not doing that. KE is an option to Korean but that would mean no lounge access for me. So it's a hard decision.

LAS/SFO on AA is possible too. Haven't been to Vegas before. Wanna join me for a Vegas run and have some fun :p Oh HNL is an option too but it costs more :(

Wanna visit Australia but it costs too much :( I will just go visit you and pretend that I am in Australia.

Niseko is about as close as you will get. At the moment we are 97% full and it's the perfect time to come to see some Australians however by March there will be less people (same in Dec) and well it wont be so Australian fever.

You should note- a lot of the Australians that come are not English Australians but are originally from South East Asia so you might feel at home more than you think.

I hope I can goto CA as I want to catch up with a friend there and chill-ax in Disneyland as I need my Disney fix. I guess if i can combine it with my JGC run, I would be up for anything.

JALPak Jan 15, 11 7:11 pm


Originally Posted by Simmo (Post 15666365)
Following the logic of trying to get the most miles out of my company i am most certainly going to London in late Oct for some roadshow then i guess i need to do the rest of my JGC run from there.

A long time to plan but still in the back of my mind.

um...not sure if there are any good value ticket from LHR on JL. Maybe you should fly over the Atlantic on AA then start from there. Or just give up and don't do it at all :o


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:51 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.