Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Old Jan 14, 11, 11:05 pm
  #1  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
[JMB Forum Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

In an attempt to keep the 2011 Meet Ups thread off-topic free. I have started this conversational thread for people who kept posting off-topic discussions there. Feel free to do your random chit chat here and please keep your off-topic posts off the meet up thread. Thank you!

Edit: But one request though, if there's a specific thread on your topic, e.g. Meet up related discussion, please try to use that thread instead. Thanks!

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 15, 11 at 1:41 pm
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 3:36 am
  #2  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
I heard there's heavy rain in Philippines, did you have a good trip there KIXman? And how's your flight? Do you prefer PR over CX? (I know the answer for JAL so no need to ask )
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 4:08 am
  #3  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 4:38 am
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow
SFC is OT in this forum move to the ANA Forum!!!
kaka is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 4:59 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,934
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
SFC is OT in this forum move to the ANA Forum!!!

So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it!
KIXman is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 6:14 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by KIXman View Post

So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it!
Move this.

But u can show ur preference among jl pr n cx... If u can actually go to philipines using jl
kaka is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 12:18 pm
  #7  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
SFC is OT in this forum move to the ANA Forum!!!
This is the lounge thread so nothing is off topic. And this is for people who like breaking rules and kept posting OT posts in other threads! Yea that's YOU
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 12:19 pm
  #8  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Move this.

But u can show ur preference among jl pr n cx... If u can actually go to philipines using jl
Wth you talking about? KIXman flew there on JL last Nov/Dec!

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 15, 11 at 6:07 pm
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 12:42 pm
  #9  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
This is the lounge thread so nothing is off topic. And this is for people who like breaking rules and kept posting OT posts in other threads! Yea that's YOU
But one request though, if there's a specific thread on your topic, e.g. Meet up related discussion, please try to use that thread instead. Thanks!

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 15, 11 at 1:41 pm
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 12:48 pm
  #10  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by KIXman View Post

So would my preference between PR and CX, but just for the heck of it it's CX, no question about it!
But just from your picture, I actually prefer the Y meal on PR over CX's J. Just saw my friend's ex-SFO J meal pic, the sweet and sour pork with fried rice looks extremely greasy and just like their Y meals PR's is more appetizing but I guess it didn't taste so good?

Just stick with JL or even NH next time (when they finally launch that route)!

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 15, 11 at 1:40 pm
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 6:39 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,099
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Simmo, are you ready for your SFC MR trips? How's the sleeping pills? Have you tried them out yet? Make sure you don't mix that with alcohol onboard, I don't want to lose our designated driver in snow
Surprisingly enough it was easy to get and side effects of taking them did not effect me thus i guess either of the ones i have will work. I think one is for calming the mind thus for people who are so stressed they cannot sleep and the other is just to knock you out. Either way after 7 hours of sleep i felt fine waking up so no groggy feeling whatsoever so I am happy.

I never drink alcohol when I fly which i think pretty much is one of the main benefits of lounge access which i have never taken up which is probably to the airline's benefit. (save them money) Even in the First Class lounges i have thought about it but then decided against it as back when I was just legal age I tried some and well I only had one glass of wine and I spent the rest entire trip in the galley, toilet and nearly did not get accepted back into Australia as i looked so bad, they wanted to run tests to find out whether I had some deadly disease.

OT The goose and I am currently lying down on the bed (she's still sleeping) whilst staying in Sheraton Sapporo waiting for the Spa to open! And yes we survived Nakayama toge which was very icy. So much snow now in Sapporo that you could have a snowball fight anywhere so if you want to fly JAL then fly yourself up here on a Sunday or Monday until Mid March and after that Saturday or Sunday works best.

JALPak - are you planning on flying anywhere in particular with JAL or OW carriers this year?

Originally Posted by kaka View Post
SFC is OT in this forum move to the ANA Forum!!!
Again, the SFC MR is a dry run for the JGC so i guess it is somewhat related. Following the logic of trying to get the most miles out of my company i am most certainly going to London in late Oct for some roadshow then i guess i need to do the rest of my JGC run from there.

A long time to plan but still in the back of my mind.
Simmo is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 6:54 pm
  #12  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
OT The goose and I am currently lying down on the bed (she's still sleeping) whilst staying in Sheraton Sapporo waiting for the Spa to open! And yes we survived Nakayama toge which was very icy. So much snow now in Sapporo that you could have a snowball fight anywhere so if you want to fly JAL then fly yourself up here on a Sunday or Monday until Mid March and after that Saturday or Sunday works best.

JALPak - are you planning on flying anywhere in particular with JAL or OW carriers this year?
There's no OT this this thread And glad that you didn't share too much details or this will become X rated

Just the same old places this year with a visit to OKA and CTS/HKD during stopovers. But that would give me way too much FOPs so maybe I should skip CTS/HKD, i.e. Hokkai-DO Round 2, to save some money

Family trying to convince me to visit Korea again instead of OKA (still couldn't find a cheap OKA package on JAL) so we will see. Since most CX packages can't earn FOPs so I would rather not doing that. KE is an option to Korean but that would mean no lounge access for me. So it's a hard decision.

LAS/SFO on AA is possible too. Haven't been to Vegas before. Wanna join me for a Vegas run and have some fun Oh HNL is an option too but it costs more

Wanna visit Australia but it costs too much I will just go visit you and pretend that I am in Australia.
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 7:00 pm
  #13  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
I never drink alcohol when I fly which i think pretty much is one of the main benefits of lounge access which i have never taken up which is probably to the airline's benefit. (save them money) Even in the First Class lounges i have thought about it but then decided against it as back when I was just legal age I tried some and well I only had one glass of wine and I spent the rest entire trip in the galley, toilet and nearly did not get accepted back into Australia as i looked so bad, they wanted to run tests to find out whether I had some deadly disease.
You look pale enough without drinking. Shouldn't the alcohol helps and turns your face red? Can't believe you can't drink at all. Didn't you keep refilling your Sapporo Classic last time and yet ChrisLi was the one who looked buzzed
JALPak is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 7:09 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,099
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
You look pale enough without drinking. Shouldn't the alcohol helps and turns your face red? Can't believe you can't drink at all. Didn't you keep refilling your Sapporo Classic last time and yet ChrisLi was the one who looked buzzed
Very funny. The problem is the flying and drinking not the drinking bit. Actually i recall I was on a JAL plane when i was really sick too. Quite funny having someone banging on the toilet door trying to get you out which is only something i imagined you would see in the movies rather than RL.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
There's no OT this this thread And glad that you didn't share too much details or this will become X rated

Just the same old places this year with a visit to OKA and CTS/HKD during stopovers. But that would give me way too much FOPs so maybe I should skip CTS/HKD, i.e. Hokkai-DO Round 2, to save some money

Family trying to convince me to visit Korea again instead of OKA (still couldn't find a cheap OKA package on JAL) so we will see. Since most CX packages can't earn FOPs so I would rather not doing that. KE is an option to Korean but that would mean no lounge access for me. So it's a hard decision.

LAS/SFO on AA is possible too. Haven't been to Vegas before. Wanna join me for a Vegas run and have some fun Oh HNL is an option too but it costs more

Wanna visit Australia but it costs too much I will just go visit you and pretend that I am in Australia.
Niseko is about as close as you will get. At the moment we are 97% full and it's the perfect time to come to see some Australians however by March there will be less people (same in Dec) and well it wont be so Australian fever.

You should note- a lot of the Australians that come are not English Australians but are originally from South East Asia so you might feel at home more than you think.

I hope I can goto CA as I want to catch up with a friend there and chill-ax in Disneyland as I need my Disney fix. I guess if i can combine it with my JGC run, I would be up for anything.
Simmo is offline  
Old Jan 15, 11, 7:11 pm
  #15  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 15,359
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Following the logic of trying to get the most miles out of my company i am most certainly going to London in late Oct for some roadshow then i guess i need to do the rest of my JGC run from there.

A long time to plan but still in the back of my mind.
um...not sure if there are any good value ticket from LHR on JL. Maybe you should fly over the Atlantic on AA then start from there. Or just give up and don't do it at all
JALPak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: