Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Reply

Old Feb 25, 19, 11:21 am
  #781  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Mystery solved, JL will replace two 788 with larger planes when it transfer them to the LCC division

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167195
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 3:54 pm
  #782  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WAS via TYO
Programs: DL Gold, UA Silver, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 3,792
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I was just checking flight history of today's plane, which led to some interesting stops.... New destination coming up? Or ferrying supplies and aid to Nepal?
They have been operating packaged tour charters to Kathmandu, with a stop in BKK on the way home.

Japanese article: https://flyteam.jp/news/article/100447
joejones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:13 pm
  #783  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
I don’t like this at all

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167215

また、機材改修で座席数を増やすことで、機材を大幅に増やすことなくグループ全体の提供座席数を、2017 年度比で17%増やす。
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 8:01 pm
  #784  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WAS via TYO
Programs: DL Gold, UA Silver, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 3,792
17%... there goes Sky Wider *and* a lot of premium seats...
joejones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 8:02 pm
  #785  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by joejones View Post
17%... there goes Sky Wider *and* a lot of premium seats...
But it's 17% compared to FY2017...look at the fleet plan, there's 10 extra planes in the fleet...combined that with the new E03 and SS9II configs, so we should be "safe" for now?
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:41 pm
  #786  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by joejones View Post
They have been operating packaged tour charters to Kathmandu, with a stop in BKK on the way home.

Japanese article: https://flyteam.jp/news/article/100447
Interesting, they should just have skipped the stop in Bangkok, and spent more time in Nepal. ..
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 12:05 am
  #787  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167238

there’s a bit more details on the 17% ASK increase...they are looking for 25% ASK increase in int’l network and they mentioned E11 to E12 conversion because regional flights needed the extra Y seats. But is that enough to get the 25% increase?
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:00 am
  #788  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167238

thereís a bit more details on the 17% ASK increase...they are looking for 25% ASK increase in intíl network and they mentioned E11 to E12 conversion because regional flights needed the extra Y seats. But is that enough to get the 25% increase?
According to the article, the international fleet is going to grow with 1 and the LCC with 2 planes Assuming that they count the LCC in the overall international capacity growth, that's 3 additonal airframes in 2019. Then in 2020 another 2 joins the international fleet, with that and the shift from E11 to E12 we are probably there.

We can then wonder what they are going to do when the 77W starts being replaced by smaller A350-1000, will they keep some of the last 77W around longer to keep capacity, or are they going to order a proper replacement?
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:08 am
  #789  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
According to the article, the international fleet is going to grow with 1 and the LCC with 2 planes Assuming that they count the LCC in the overall international capacity growth, that's 3 additonal airframes in 2019. Then in 2020 another 2 joins the international fleet, with that and the shift from E11 to E12 we are probably there.

We can then wonder what they are going to do when the 77W starts being replaced by smaller A350-1000, will they keep some of the last 77W around longer to keep capacity, or are they going to order a proper replacement?
but they are talking about 25% increase compared to FY2017. That’s a lot of extra capacity. Are these enough or more changes are coming?
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:12 am
  #790  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

but they are talking about 25% increase compared to FY2017. Thatís a lot of extra capacity. Are these enough or more changes are coming?
Which already had 10 new planes, so 15 increase on 80, plus E11 to E12 it will not be far off the 25%. Maybe they can squeeze a bit extra fleet efficiency as well.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:39 am
  #791  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Which already had 10 new planes, so 15 increase on 80, plus E11 to E12 it will not be far off the 25%. Maybe they can squeeze a bit extra fleet efficiency as well.
actually 9 new planes only compared to end of FY2017 if we are talking about int’l ASK. 5 net gain for the entire fleet. I didn’t realize the FY2017 fleet size changed between last year’s and this year’s plan when I sent you those slides yesterday But the gains are all from domestic fleet.


JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread