Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Reply

Old May 9, 18, 11:48 am
  #601  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
WOW that's a very nice meal in Y
That was impressive for a Y meal. They should do that more often. Though be in PY, Diamond or first row of Y to be able to get the selection. Runs out fast.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 18, 7:32 pm
  #602  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,897
Not having much luck. Turns out Coralway Ishigaki didnít know the differences between a 50th anniversary limited edition model with a wooden base vs regular limited edition model with a plastic base. They charged me for the wooden base as thatís what I wanted and was on display on the shelf next to the model planes. But what they have in stock is only the plastic base one which is also cheaper! Letís see if they will let me exchange it given they have already charged me for the more expensive model!
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 18, 7:40 pm
  #603  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Not having much luck. Turns out Coralway Ishigaki didnít know the differences between a 50th anniversary limited edition model with a wooden base vs regular limited edition model with a plastic base. They charged me for the wooden base as thatís what I wanted and was on display on the shelf next to the model planes. But what they have in stock is only the plastic base one which is also cheaper! Letís see if they will let me exchange it given they have already charged me for the more expensive model!
I am sure they will....
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 18, 9:53 pm
  #604  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,897
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am sure they will....
The store claims it's the same model when we called LOL But agreed to check (with back office?). Eventually they agree to exchange but it takes 2 days to send from Okinawa to Tokyo and I am leaving tomorrow so it will be a very complicated exchange as they have to send it when I return in ~1 month. I hope I will get the exchange in a month LOL
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 12:35 pm
  #605  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959

thanks chef
we got to hnd at 2316, went straight to security and got to lounge at 2327.
he even took them to our table!
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 1:19 pm
  #606  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959


Good morning
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 4:26 pm
  #607  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
I am assuming that means you got through security with a home printed boarding pass....
kaka likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 8:44 pm
  #608  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am assuming that means you got through security with a home printed boarding pass....
mobile bp, to be exact
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 10:35 pm
  #609  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
Originally Posted by kaka View Post

mobile bp, to be exact
So, as in other reports it does work
kaka likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 18, 11:48 pm
  #610  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
So, as in other reports it does work
At least it wouldnít be the concern of JL or at the airport security.
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 18, 9:14 pm
  #611  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG/PDX
Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 3,901
(taking it out of the Newbie Question thread)

Has any of JAL's MRJ branded merchandise been updated with the latest "Expected to enter service" date? I'm tired of using whiteout on my message pad.

Also, can tour the MRJ museum in Nagoya!
rustykettel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 18, 9:22 pm
  #612  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
(taking it out of the Newbie Question thread)

Has any of JAL's MRJ branded merchandise been updated with the latest "Expected to enter service" date? I'm tired of using whiteout on my message pad.

Also, can tour the MRJ museum in Nagoya!
Not the last time I was in the shop in Haneda.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 18, 2:09 pm
  #613  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,523
JAL is devaluing their miles by making changes to the oneworld and partner charts.

Not so steep for oneworld, most just increase by 5,000, but the partner one goes real steep into 30k ranges... so suspect this change has to do with Emirates.

It won't go effect till November 20, so redeem while you can!
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 18, 5:04 pm
  #614  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,784
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
JAL is devaluing their miles by making changes to the oneworld and partner charts.

Not so steep for oneworld, most just increase by 5,000, but the partner one goes real steep into 30k ranges... so suspect this change has to do with Emirates.

It won't go effect till November 20, so redeem while you can!
I guess the SPG transfered Emirates redemptions are taking their toll on the award chart. Relative to the market, they were probably too cheap.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 18, 5:37 pm
  #615  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 266
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
JAL is devaluing their miles by making changes to the oneworld and partner charts.

Not so steep for oneworld, most just increase by 5,000, but the partner one goes real steep into 30k ranges... so suspect this change has to do with Emirates.

It won't go effect till November 20, so redeem while you can!

well the increase on long haul business class even on other OW airlines is actually 20-30k. Canít say iím happy about this before, iím willing to wait till 330 days before the whole itinerary completes before booking with partner airlines (and risk losing the outbound seat) as the award chart for OW partners are attractive, but with this, then thereís no merit in booking other OW partners on routes that JL flies to (or close to), which are going to make overall competition for JL seats even tougher.
bakaneko85 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread