Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
WOW that's a very nice meal in Y
That was impressive for a Y meal. They should do that more often. Though be in PY, Diamond or first row of Y to be able to get the selection. Runs out fast.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Not having much luck. Turns out Coralway Ishigaki didn’t know the differences between a 50th anniversary limited edition model with a wooden base vs regular limited edition model with a plastic base. They charged me for the wooden base as that’s what I wanted and was on display on the shelf next to the model planes. But what they have in stock is only the plastic base one which is also cheaper! Let’s see if they will let me exchange it given they have already charged me for the more expensive model!
Old May 18, 2018, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Not having much luck. Turns out Coralway Ishigaki didn’t know the differences between a 50th anniversary limited edition model with a wooden base vs regular limited edition model with a plastic base. They charged me for the wooden base as that’s what I wanted and was on display on the shelf next to the model planes. But what they have in stock is only the plastic base one which is also cheaper! Let’s see if they will let me exchange it given they have already charged me for the more expensive model!
I am sure they will....
Old May 18, 2018, 9:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am sure they will....
The store claims it's the same model when we called LOL But agreed to check (with back office?). Eventually they agree to exchange but it takes 2 days to send from Okinawa to Tokyo and I am leaving tomorrow so it will be a very complicated exchange as they have to send it when I return in ~1 month. I hope I will get the exchange in a month LOL
Old May 20, 2018, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

thanks chef
we got to hnd at 2316, went straight to security and got to lounge at 2327.
he even took them to our table!
Old May 20, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Good morning
Old May 20, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am assuming that means you got through security with a home printed boarding pass....
kaka likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:44 pm
Suspended

I am assuming that means you got through security with a home printed boarding pass....
mobile bp, to be exact
Old May 20, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

mobile bp, to be exact
So, as in other reports it does work
kaka likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:48 pm
Suspended

So, as in other reports it does work
At least it wouldn’t be the concern of JL or at the airport security.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
(taking it out of the Newbie Question thread)

Has any of JAL's MRJ branded merchandise been updated with the latest "Expected to enter service" date? I'm tired of using whiteout on my message pad.

Also, can tour the MRJ museum in Nagoya!
Old May 22, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
(taking it out of the Newbie Question thread)

Has any of JAL's MRJ branded merchandise been updated with the latest "Expected to enter service" date? I'm tired of using whiteout on my message pad.

Also, can tour the MRJ museum in Nagoya!
Not the last time I was in the shop in Haneda.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
JAL is devaluing their miles by making changes to the oneworld and partner charts.

Not so steep for oneworld, most just increase by 5,000, but the partner one goes real steep into 30k ranges... so suspect this change has to do with Emirates.

It won't go effect till November 20, so redeem while you can!
Old May 29, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
JAL is devaluing their miles by making changes to the oneworld and partner charts.

Not so steep for oneworld, most just increase by 5,000, but the partner one goes real steep into 30k ranges... so suspect this change has to do with Emirates.

I guess the SPG transfered Emirates redemptions are taking their toll on the award chart. Relative to the market, they were probably too cheap.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by coolfish1103

well the increase on long haul business class even on other OW airlines is actually 20-30k. Can’t say i’m happy about this before, i’m willing to wait till 330 days before the whole itinerary completes before booking with partner airlines (and risk losing the outbound seat) as the award chart for OW partners are attractive, but with this, then there’s no merit in booking other OW partners on routes that JL flies to (or close to), which are going to make overall competition for JL seats even tougher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.