Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
flew short haul JL flight GMP-HND on my birthday on J. Nothing special happened to me, except on the last moment before they were about to finish the service in preparation for landing. I got a handwritten postcard with happy birthday message as well as a small gift bag containing a small plastic plane model and the 2 small snacks (arare?) that they usually give out at the start of J class drink service. So yes, what you get depends on your routes and class, but still made my day anyway.
Departed for Sydney the day before my birthday, so landed in Sydney on my birthday. Nothing in Narita, but the crew had a nice had written card and a little gift after breakfast.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Uh oh.... something's missing (besides the JTA desktop/postcard one)....

https://www.shop.jal.co.jp/c/101710/
Thanks to minizian, I see the JTA calendar is now there. Although it's a flip top instead of postcard apparently.

Still have the World of Beauty so not entirely gone from the old fashioned mindset. And all 11 pilots in the pilot calendar are male. ミス・パイロット was an ANA show after all..
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Thanks to minizian, I see the JTA calendar is now there. Although it's a flip top instead of postcard apparently.

Still have the World of Beauty so not entirely gone from the old fashioned mindset. And all 11 pilots in the pilot calendar are male. ミス・パイロット was an ANA show after all..
I can confirm that JTA Calendar is flip top like all other JAL table top calendar. They are the first to be released before the rest (around Aug if I not mistaken, I got mine in early Sep onboard JTA flight). Not sure why is cheaper onboard (another 10% off if using jal card which i dont have for obvious reason) compared to Blue Sky in Naha and Ishigaki. Not sure how much in Haneda Shop tho.#

Too bad it is all scenery photo, it will be nice if they include of the CA in Kariyushi (the current and new one is very nice) here and there since it is unique
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Look like another round of "Todofuken Seal" but these time is electronic version. No more physical copy
https://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201911/005383.html

Found that the level you achieve in the app is only backup-able if you are JMB japan region member.

Used to ask from crew during international flight for the past two version of Todofuken Seal success rate varies lol

Do they still do the international crew coaster? I am still missing the Bangkok crew tom yum.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Now that Arashi has announced they will take "a break" from Dec 31 2020, who will be the next JAL spokesperson!?
At least one more!

https://sp.jal.co.jp/dom/A350/20tharashithanksjet/
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:52 pm

2021 JAL calendars are starting to show up on Amazon and from the product details of one of them...

• The first passenger calendar after the uniform renewal has been made. We have received a lot of requests, and we will reintroduce it for the first 2 years.
  • Introducing our active guest crew crew who joins a new spirit with new uniforms. The first arrival of male cabin crews in 2021!
CA calendar is back!

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 7, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:15 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
2021 JAL calendars are starting to show up on Amazon and from the product details of one of them...

CA calendar is back!
I assume translated description? It can’t be right that they are making a passenger calendar lol
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
I assume translated description? It can’t be right that they are making a passenger calendar lol
Yes, sorry. Forgot I had it turned on. I was looking more at the apparent requests were enough to bring it back. And now has male CAs in some of the photos.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:40 pm

Yes, sorry. Forgot I had it turned on. I was looking more at the apparent requests were enough to bring it back. And now has male CAs in some of the photos.
do they have male crew in previous edition of the CA calendar or it was 100% female exclusive?

That particular male CA was used to in various PR as well as showing up on recent issue of AirStage too.

Last edited by minizian; Aug 9, 2020 at 8:51 pm
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by minizian
do they have male crew in previous edition of the CA calendar or it was 100% female exclusive?

That particular male CA was used to in various PR as well as showing up on AirStage too.
Previous CA calendars were female and the pilots calendars were (and may still be) male, as far as I've seen.
minizian likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:52 pm

Previous CA calendars were female and the pilots calendars were (and may still be) male, as far as I've seen.
I got a feeling gender equality is in play here for the inclusion of opposite gender
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 1:03 am

Found the Pilot calendar hiding as "tabletop" on Amazon. 59x45cm.. anyways:

• Calendar as a JAL working pilot The 2021 edition is a female pilot. There are also a wide variety of aircrafts, such as the latest model A350 and the new ATR of propeller machines.

Last edited by rustykettel; Nov 25, 2020 at 1:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.