Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
we wish your flight stuck at the tarmac?
OMG!!

On the other hand, even United stepped up its game, it now offers a range of their new polaris product for sale on their online shop
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Forgot our departure was through T1, so was able to stop briefly at the Flight Shop on Thursday. Place was packed with people. Picked up one or two things. Wife still spent more than me. JAL should package those carts with a couple boxes of Skytime, natto snack packs, and a tray each of the noodles de Sky types, along with a free outbound bag allowance for the cart with a same day ticket.

Also forgot about the Sirotan tie-up. ANA can keep the Star Wars stuff.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Will be flying ITM-NRT-KUL next month, anything interesting to purchase on JAL shop or at the airports?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Sh!t forgot to give it a few minutes when i was there
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:42 am

Hi. Thanks for your help. I was wondering about the JAL F Lounge at NRT. Last visit, they had swapped out the Chutoro for Akami. It seemed to be a high quality Akami, but it was definitely Akami, and the chef confirmed.

Many of us have seen the F lounges lower the quality of their offerings. I was just wondering if anyone had an update. Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zznoname
Hi. Thanks for your help. I was wondering about the JAL F Lounge at NRT. Last visit, they had swapped out the Chutoro for Akami. It seemed to be a high quality Akami, but it was definitely Akami, and the chef confirmed.

Many of us have seen the F lounges lower the quality of their offerings. I was just wondering if anyone had an update. Thanks.
They recently published a rotation of the neta, so as long as it is in line with that it is not a cut of service.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They recently published a rotation of the neta, so as long as it is in line with that it is not a cut of service.
OK. Thanks. I have no idea what is "neta". And, just to say, I didn't mean the focus of my post to be on "service cuts". I was thinking about the huge service cuts at CX F HGK, and that must have slipped into the post. I'm just interested in the type of tuna JAL F NRT is currently serving. Just wondering.

Not to imply people don't know tuna, but here's a link I find interesting about the Tsukiji Market. it talks about the types of tuna.
Tsukiji market: Maguro Tuna - ieatishootipost

Thanks for your help, and help on this forum.
Photos are from JAL F Lounge NRT

Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by zznoname
OK. Thanks. I have no idea what is "neta". And, just to say, I didn't mean the focus of my post to be on "service cuts". I was thinking about the huge service cuts at CX F HGK, and that must have slipped into the post. I'm just interested in the type of tuna JAL F NRT is currently serving. Just wondering.
Neta is the generic term for the fish on top of the rice I believe, so both chuturo and akami would be neta.

Nice pictures! And a short enjoyable read in the linked article. Now I'm hungry. What's for lunch?

ETA: I think that's still not right- the item on top of the rice, not specifically fish although it is in this case.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:44 pm

I thought the fish (or other stuff) on rice thing was, "Nigiri sushi".

What I liked about... "What you need to know about Tuna", was the " Shimofuri " picture and explanation at the end.

I can not speak Japanese, and never really understood " Shimofuri " until that post. Even though many have tried to explain the tuna cuts.

BTW. How do you resize the photos with out using the handles? Actually, resizing using the handles does not work. Won't stay resized after saving. Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Dec 6, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Neta is indeed the toppings on the nigiri sushi. For nigiri it is mostly fish but it would apply to anything on top of the sushi.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:10 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Sigh SS9 IFE problem, I will have no IFE for my flight to HKG guess I will get miles in this case LOL
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sigh SS9 IFE problem, I will have no IFE for my flight to HKG guess I will get miles in this case LOL
I have received 15K for an outage the last two hours of an F flight. Will be interesting to hear what Hong Kong triggers.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

I have received 15K for an outage the last two hours of an F flight. Will be interesting to hear what Hong Kong triggers.
paid C only gives you JPY3000 coupon or 2250 miles. It may also depends on status. I saw the cabin log book, looks like they may have listed status in one of the columns too but I am not 100% sure
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

paid C only gives you JPY3000 coupon or 2250 miles. It may also depends on status. I saw the cabin log book, looks like they may have listed status in one of the columns too but I am not 100% sure
Odd balance between coupon value and number of miles. Not much doubt in my mind which one to go for....
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Odd balance between coupon value and number of miles. Not much doubt in my mind which one to go for....
I don’t know lol I can’t decide

kind of want the coupon but with the new ticketing fee it is not even enough to pay for it lol but I guess I will have the coupons from JGCP next year which I kind of have to use them either onboard or to buy YOKOSO. Do they still give you the 10% off JAL Card discount if you use the coupons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.