Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just stayed here and have the following comments:

1 -Very nice looking hotel - as I would expect an Intercon to look here!
2 - they gave a nice upgrade as an Platinum Ambassador - standard room to a king partial ocen view.
3 - Valet parking is expensive and chaotic as the front entrance to the hotel is very small.
4 - I had to move from my first room 462 as it was so noisy at night with a bar next door. The second room was a lot quieter. Both had partial ocean views, first had a fireplace and second had no fireplace but had a tiny balcony.
5 - spa is very disorganised. I tried to book a package 3 times but because their computer was down they could do nothing - paper and pen people!! I ended up not booking anything.
6 - service is very slow in the bar or restaurant. When i sat down to eat i waited 10 mins before i got offered a drink. When i sat in the bar the next night e same thing hapened. Clam chowder was lovely.
7 - Dont look at the restaurants menu online as it is not the same. This goes for the bar menu too - i really fancied the champagne flight taster but they only do the cheap one with primarily cava now.

Here are some photos:

That said this hotel is beatutifully located and i was blessed with the weather.

I came to Monterey primarily to try this hotel and I am afraid to say that the odd thing took the shine of my visit.

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Nov 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reason: Add photos
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
I'm looking to stay here next Sept.

As I'm booking rewards flights I have to book earlier (long story), but the IC is showing 'No Rooms available'.

Has anyone else noticed rooms are not available so far in advance compared to other ICH properties. Or is it genuinely booked out?

I've looked at various dates between 1st Sept and 12th Oct, and nothing is available for this hotel.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by paul.goffin
I'm looking to stay here next Sept.

As I'm booking rewards flights I have to book earlier (long story), but the IC is showing 'No Rooms available'.

Has anyone else noticed rooms are not available so far in advance compared to other ICH properties. Or is it genuinely booked out?

I've looked at various dates between 1st Sept and 12th Oct, and nothing is available for this hotel.
Are you trying to book award (point) stays? If so, trying making 2-3 separate reservations for shorter time periods. I find some properties don't avail more than 1-2 nights in a row on an award stay.

If you're trying to pay for your stay, wait and try to book again in a few days time, or call the property directly to book. Sometimes the reservation system doesn't fully update; IHG web-site quirk.

Good luck.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
This is why I continue to stay with IHG

Just returned from a fantastic stay at IC Clement! It was an award stay, but I was nonetheless treated like royalty. Upon check in, I was greeted by name and thanked repeatedly for my loyalty and patronage. I was upgraded to a 1 BR suite with full oceanview. While my room was not yet ready, Sam at the Front Desk took me on a mini-tour of the common areas of the hotel and provided me some of the history of the property.

I found the spa to be very inviting and had no issues securing appointments at my desired times. In fact, the receptionist even suggested that she would "move some things around" to accommodate me.

The suite was quite lovely. Two gas fireplaces -- very easy to use, just push a button! A balcony with two chairs to take in the beautiful ocean views. Nice soaking tub in the bathroom. It was nice to sleep with the window and balcony doors opened a crack to hear the ocean sounds. There were also binoculars to better see the wildlife.

Though an award stay, all RA benefits were extended. Mini-bar included nice selections, including 2 splits of Moet, 2 white wines and 2 red wines.

I found C Bar to have great food (the abalone, scallops, and chowder were amazing!), but wine list was so-so.

I cannot wait to return to this property!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by kit125
Just returned from a fantastic stay at IC Clement! It was an award stay, but I was nonetheless treated like royalty. Upon check in, I was greeted by name and thanked repeatedly for my loyalty and patronage. I was upgraded to a 1 BR suite with full oceanview. While my room was not yet ready, Sam at the Front Desk took me on a mini-tour of the common areas of the hotel and provided me some of the history of the property.

I found the spa to be very inviting and had no issues securing appointments at my desired times. In fact, the receptionist even suggested that she would "move some things around" to accommodate me.

The suite was quite lovely. Two gas fireplaces -- very easy to use, just push a button! A balcony with two chairs to take in the beautiful ocean views. Nice soaking tub in the bathroom. It was nice to sleep with the window and balcony doors opened a crack to hear the ocean sounds. There were also binoculars to better see the wildlife.

Though an award stay, all RA benefits were extended. Mini-bar included nice selections, including 2 splits of Moet, 2 white wines and 2 red wines.

I found C Bar to have great food (the abalone, scallops, and chowder were amazing!), but wine list was so-so.

I cannot wait to return to this property!

Completely agree. IC Monterey treats award stay as a normal paid stay. All benefits and recognition are granted every time.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Stayed here recently, and agreed with most comments. Gorgeous hotel in Monterey that's near the ocean. The service was attentive and superb.

Yeah, the stuffed otter in the room sure ain't free.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:49 pm

Looking for some advice.

I have a booking for 2 rooms at the Clement next month.
Both are standard rooms at Best Flex Rate.

As I'm a Plat Amb I would expect an upgrade on one of the rooms, but I don't know how generous they are with upgrades?

I'm thinking about rebooking on the F&F, which would save me approx $400 off the total bill.

However I presume I then wouldn't recieve any upgrades?
Would I miss out on any other perks the hotel offers to Amb's?

I know F&F rate is a non-qualifying stay, but I'm ok for points and status so thats not a major concern.

Any thoughts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Looking for some advice.

I have a booking for 2 rooms at the Clement next month.
Both are standard rooms at Best Flex Rate.

As I'm a Plat Amb I would expect an upgrade on one of the rooms, but I don't know how generous they are with upgrades?

I'm thinking about rebooking on the F&F, which would save me approx $400 off the total bill.

However I presume I then wouldn't recieve any upgrades?
Would I miss out on any other perks the hotel offers to Amb's?

I know F&F rate is a non-qualifying stay, but I'm ok for points and status so thats not a major concern.

Any thoughts
Each IC hotel can set their own F+F discount and F+F room availability which explains the variability of discounts and why f+f nights not always showing.

As far as I am aware F+F rate is circa 15%+ off, and you are right, F+F nights are non-qual for points/bonuses/ambassador accelerator etc.

However F+F rate is and does count as a paid stay, and normal RA/Ambassador bennies should apply as normal. I usually go for PrePaid-A rates if available though as a usually a bigger discount.

Remember to take your F+F voucher which you must print off. (As similar to bogo, Hotel can charge full rate if voucher not presented)

" Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non-refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. RC Points do not apply. Must present voucher at check-in. "
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Each IC hotel can set their own F+F discount and F+F room availability which explains the variability of discounts and why f+f nights not always showing.

As far as I am aware F+F rate is circa 15%+ off, and you are right, F+F nights are non-qual for points/bonuses/ambassador accelerator etc.

However F+F rate is and does count as a paid stay, and normal RA/Ambassador bennies should apply as normal. I usually go for PrePaid-A rates if available though as a usually a bigger discount.

Remember to take your F+F voucher which you must print off. (As similar to bogo, Hotel can charge full rate if voucher not presented)
Thanks for the advance.
I also generally for for the Pre-Paid Advance Saver rate, but unusally its not available even though the F&F rate is.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I recently stayed at the Clement on points as a Plat Amb, and we had a great time. As others have noted, the hotel is nice and modern, the staff is helpful and friendly, and we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room with a fireplace. Our room was stocked with free bottled water every day, and they even left a stuffed otter from the aquarium for LatinAmericaFlyer Jr. I haven't stayed at other hotels in the area, but wouldn't hesitate to return to the Clement.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:09 pm

Well we are all booked for the Clement for 3 nights.

Really looking forward to it.
Looking to go to the Aquarium, from reading their website it indicates you can buy tickets at a discount from local hotels, including the Clement. Has anyone purchased tickets at the hotel?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Well we are all booked for the Clement for 3 nights.

Really looking forward to it.
Looking to go to the Aquarium, from reading their website it indicates you can buy tickets at a discount from local hotels, including the Clement. Has anyone purchased tickets at the hotel?
We enjoyed our 3 night stay over the Labour Day weekend.

The hotel was very busy on the Sunday and Monday, but this didn't detract from an excellent stay.

Weather was fantastic which always helps.

We would certainly return in the future.
We booked 2 rooms on a F&F, as a Plat Ambassador both were upgraded to Partial Views with fireplaces. The view was a welcome upgrade with great views at sunrise.

We did purchase our Aquarium from the hotel. They are the same price, but allow you unlimited entry for 48hrs, I don't know if this is available on standard tickets.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Was anyone without an A or RA status lucky enough to get an upgrade to a partial/ocean room using the free night from Priority Club cc?
and/or any other benefits such as free breakfast? besides free internet for Platinum PC.
Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Is the IC Clement Monterey leaving?

No availability after June 1 of next year, cash or points.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdchen
No availability after June 1 of next year, cash or points.
I wouldn't take it too seriously... yet.
They have glitches sometimes, I see it often when I want to book it,
one day is completely full, then the following day I try and many kinds
of rooms are available.
This is my favorite weekend hotel and it would really suck!
BTW, my little report with a few pics from the hotel and around Monterey
can be seen here: http://lenticulartravel.com/pch-to-monterey/

Andrew (the OP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.