Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
I've stayed here three times in the past six months. First time, booked cheapest available, upgraded to 1 bedroom suite. Second time booked two rooms, one cheapie, one partial ocean view/fireplace, got one room upgraded to 1 bedroom suite. Last time, booked cheapest room, got upgraded to a junior suite. The junior suite actually seemed more spacious to us than the one bedroom, still was full ocean view, but the 'balcony' was the 6-incher non-balcony. Also missed the lovely soaking tub with a view out to the ocean. For price paid though, upgrades here have been great. Free breakfast is still being given to As/RAs, although they now have a price cap that wasn't in place last time we stayed (a total of $50).

It is a lovely hotel if you don't mind being in the middle of cannery row (for some a plus, others a minus).
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I've stayed here three times in the past six months. First time, booked cheapest available, upgraded to 1 bedroom suite. Second time booked two rooms, one cheapie, one partial ocean view/fireplace, got one room upgraded to 1 bedroom suite. Last time, booked cheapest room, got upgraded to a junior suite. The junior suite actually seemed more spacious to us than the one bedroom, still was full ocean view, but the 'balcony' was the 6-incher non-balcony. Also missed the lovely soaking tub with a view out to the ocean. For price paid though, upgrades here have been great. Free breakfast is still being given to As/RAs, although they now have a price cap that wasn't in place last time we stayed (a total of $50).

It is a lovely hotel if you don't mind being in the middle of cannery row (for some a plus, others a minus).
I don't think there are suites with 2 beds, so I might be better off staying with a King room for a jr suite upgrade and just get a roll-away.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:18 am
Original Member

Booked 3 nights using points.

Excellent hotel, especially the staff. Very friendly and helpful. You can purchase aquarium tickets from the concierge which gives 2 days for the price of one. $20 for valet parking is the same as self parking. Watched sea otters at play from our room window. Would stay here again - very center of the action for the bay.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Motion122
Last time I was here alone and was upgrade to a one bedroom suite with a balcony over looking the ocean. Great view and room, but didn't spend that much time in the room.

This time, there is three of us(they are charging me $20 extra per night for the third person!), so I have booked a room with 2 beds. Is there a suite at this property with 2 beds? Or the upgrade will simply be an ocean view room?

Thanks.
There are not suites with two beds. The only two bed rooms with ocean views are on either side of the elevators and are not particularly large. You're better off with a one-bed room and a rollaway.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:38 pm

is breakfast free (amb/RA) once during stay or is it offered as a daily perk? when does this promo end?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club Royal Ambassador
I have stayed at this hotel twice. I enjoyed both visits. At the time I was not RA so I was not upgraded. I do recommend anyone staying here check your bill on the way out. The hotel likes to sneak a $19.99 charge on your bill for the stuffed otter, whether you took it or not.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
is breakfast free (amb/RA) once during stay or is it offered as a daily perk? when does this promo end?
I am interested to know this too.

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by joe847
The hotel likes to sneak a $19.99 charge on your bill for the stuffed otter, whether you took it or not.
What?!?!? That's not the Amb/RA gift?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
IC Monterey Clement swimming pool

Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The Clement IC Monterey lobby

Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
No, Not during my stay in July. I pressed on it a little with a manager but they said no. It is not what they do. It was a great stay though. I was reminising old times when I use to be a Scuba Diving Instructor in the area.

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:39 pm

I'm at the Clement right now. Internet is free for Ambassadors even though I am not on Amb. Internet package rate. Unfortunately, I did not get upgraded to a full ocean view room. This partial ocean view is mildly annoying - I feel like it's been created just to screw Ambs out of proper upgrades.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by abcx
I'm at the Clement right now. Internet is free for Ambassadors even though I am not on Amb. Internet package rate. Unfortunately, I did not get upgraded to a full ocean view room. This partial ocean view is mildly annoying - I feel like it's been created just to screw Ambs out of proper upgrades.
On further inquiry, I was told by another Front Desk agent that there are no full ocean view doubles in the building facing the Bay. Apparently, the "full ocean view" two dbl bed rooms are only in the bldg facing Cannery Row - which I guess is full ocean view but it really should be called Cannery Row view.

Is this true? It would suck to pay (extra) for full ocean view with 2 dbl beds and then be put in the Cannery Row building.

I did not like the decor of this hotel much either. Too modern for my taste. Walked past the Monterey Plaza hotel and that seemed much nicer.

P.S. - the hotel was all sold out (overbooked in fact) the weekend I was there, so good luck with upgrades.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:41 am

I'm here now as an Ambassador

Pkg is $17 self park/$20 valet

No complimentary bkfst

Two buildings..south side of Cannery Row=limited to no views. North side of Cannery Row directly fronts Monterey Bay. If you require open water views of the Pacific...find another hotel

Fitness facility/pool/hot tub in south building

South side of Cannery Row..some rooms have better views than others.

Very pleased in room 430 (1 king)

Last edited by henryf; Sep 9, 2009 at 5:42 am Reason: North side of Cannery Row..some rooms have better views than others
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences at this hotel as an RA using free nights from the promo or on a reward stay? It seems like they honor minibar, movie, etc., but wondering more about upgrade along with free internet. Lastly, do they still offer RA's free breakfast?

Thanks for any info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.