Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MagicWok
I'm looking at rates of $262/night (not including taxes) for a stay in first week August.

PC.com stating it is cheaper than the HIX around the corner! I'm keen to stay close to the bay, so basically down to my question - from those that have stayed, is this rate decent?
For summer, most definitely.

The HIX is often priced higher, I've found; I've scratched my head over that one too but assume it has something to do with the HIX having fewer rooms and offering free breakfast -- that is probably a "better" hotel for families.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
That is a pretty good rate. The property itself is really nice. I haven't seen the standard rooms as I usually get an upgrade to a One Bedroom Oceanview Suite as an RA but the staff is friendly and the area right on Cannery Row is beautiful. I don't know if you have Ambassador or PC status but all and all the Ocean View rooms with balconies can't be beat!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by roadman3313
That is a pretty good rate. The property itself is really nice. I haven't seen the standard rooms as I usually get an upgrade to a One Bedroom Oceanview Suite as an RA but the staff is friendly and the area right on Cannery Row is beautiful. I don't know if you have Ambassador or PC status but all and all the Ocean View rooms with balconies can't be beat!
I've got Plat Amb - so hopefully a nice upgrade will happen. But looking forward to it regardless.

Cheers guys ^
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, CC Gold
I just finished a two night stay two weeks ago and I can not say enough positive things about this property. The location is great and the hotel is very nice as others have said the staff was very professional. I booked a standard room and with Plat Amb status, we were upgraded to a junior suite with an ocean view, this was also during a very busy weekend in Monterey. We did not have time to try other hotel services but can't wait to go back and stay at the Clement.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I get my first annual free ticket this year, and have been considering where to fly too... Into SFO and out of LAX with a drive down to Monterey for a few nights seems like a lovely little trip!

I think it looks like a lovely property in a nice part of California! ^
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 am

We're doing the same. Into SFO, stay for a few days, and then a drive down for a couple nights in Monterey.

Not sure we're doing LA - not great fans of the place personally lol.

I've emailed them with a few questions I had to the address supplied on their site, haven't gotten a reply as yet though.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're doing the same. Into SFO, stay for a few days, and then a drive down for a couple nights in Monterey.

Not sure we're doing LA - not great fans of the place personally lol.

I've emailed them with a few questions I had to the address supplied on their site, haven't gotten a reply as yet though.
Oh lord... I don't plan to stay in that dive of a city, just to utilise the airport! ^
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Oh lord... I don't plan to stay in that dive of a city, just to utilise the airport! ^
^^^ They you may proceed with booking
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^^^ They you may proceed with booking
Thank you for your kind permission...! ^
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Does anyone have the contact details for the Guest Relations Manager or similar for this property?

I'm trying to plan a few special nights away with the mrs and it would be great if someone could either reply with, or send me a private message, with someone who can help's details.

Cheers
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by cbrendan
Does anyone have the contact details for the Guest Relations Manager or similar for this property?

I'm trying to plan a few special nights away with the mrs and it would be great if someone could either reply with, or send me a private message, with someone who can help's details.

Cheers
[email protected]
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:03 am

I've tried that email, never got a reply...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I've tried that email, never got a reply...
Exactly the same experience here.

Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

I booked an ocean view room for an upcoming stay. As a Royal Ambassador, my booking now shows as a luxury suite but no indication of view. Are there suites with no view? Is it customary to upgrade someone from a water view to no view?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I booked an ocean view room for an upcoming stay. As a Royal Ambassador, my booking now shows as a luxury suite but no indication of view. Are there suites with no view? Is it customary to upgrade someone from a water view to no view?
I can't say for sure but in my experience from traveling there everytime I have been upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Luxury Suite it has had a small balcony in a room that is right above the water. You can hear, smell, and feel breeze from the water. Beautiful rooms with a wonderful view. And lots of seagulls too!

The hotel itself has two wings... the Luxury Suites as far as I know are on the water side wing of the hotel.

Last edited by roadman3313; Oct 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm Reason: Revised Information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.