Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by gtu2004
Stayed here last week for 1 night on Chase award. The property was nice. My fear became real when they confirmed I was in the "other building". I asked to switch and they accommodated with a room looking out to the little square in front of the property, and if you poked your head out of balcony, you could see the waters. That was nice enough of them as I know they can be very stingy and may treat Platinum members with a Chase credit card just a notch above criminals.
Thanks for the update. Per my post above, can you advise if restaurants, pool, gym, room service, etc. are open? I gather you weren't there long enough to advise on the room cleaning for multinight stays LOL

The Governor said that CA is supposed to be back to normal on June 15, but then he backtracked. So it is helpful to know the current state.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Thanks for the update. Per my post above, can you advise if restaurants, pool, gym, room service, etc. are open? I gather you weren't there long enough to advise on the room cleaning for multinight stays LOL

The Governor said that CA is supposed to be back to normal on June 15, but then he backtracked. So it is helpful to know the current state.
Many hotels in the state have restaurants, pool, and gym open already.
June 15 remains the key date for many remaining restrictions to be lifted in California (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...-Look-Like.pdf ). But when and whether to return certain services to normal is up to the hotel, not the Governor.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Many hotels in the state have restaurants, pool, and gym open already.
June 15 remains the key date for many remaining restrictions to be lifted in California (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...-Look-Like.pdf ). But when and whether to return certain services to normal is up to the hotel, not the Governor.
Hence my question
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Hence my question
Sorry, your reference to June 15 and the Governor backtracking made your question unclear.
I have a stay 2 weeks after June 15, however, and I will happily update the forum.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:06 pm

Wrapping up a stay:
  1. Fitness center and pool are open. Jacuzzi and spa are closed
  2. Restaurant/bar is open for dinner, and limited breakfast. Regular room service.
  3. Still no valet or nightly housekeeping
On a points stay, upgraded as a platinum ambassador to partial ocean view in the building across the street, which is a bit annoying to get in and out of. The view is mainly of Bubba Gump's and there is a fair bit of noise from the street below. Room was otherwise nice though and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Partial Ocean View
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I stayed here two weeks ago, and it was great. I have got upgraded to the ocean view room in the main building since I'm a royal ambassador. Honored breakfast with $50 capped(but had to ask a manager to get it), and $50 was enough to cover for two. No valet, no pool, or gym when I was here. Still, it's a nice hotel, I think. The restaurant is cheap compared to a major city, the location is good, and the view. Even if you don't have ocean view rooms, you will have a shared terrace with a fire pit and ocean view, and you can bring your own food and drinks. It was not like that before, so it is very nice.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:00 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Wrapping up a stay:
  1. Fitness center and pool are open. Jacuzzi and spa are closed
  2. Restaurant/bar is open for dinner, and limited breakfast. Regular room service.
  3. Still no valet or nightly housekeeping
On a points stay, upgraded as a platinum ambassador to partial ocean view in the building across the street, which is a bit annoying to get in and out of. The view is mainly of Bubba Gump's and there is a fair bit of noise from the street below. Room was otherwise nice though and staff was very friendly and helpful.
Partial Ocean View
Sorry, that really sucks. I've stayed there frequently and it's always the ocean view "Jr. Suite." with a nice view of the deck area where the weddings take place. The agent at the front desk always makes a big deal about telling me that I'm getting a great UPG, and it's always the same room. I'll take it. I do enjoy that IC especially compared to the Hyatt and Marriott options in town or "tourist" pier area. Bubba Gump is fine for a touristy place, but in that area the Charthouse has better fresh fish-mahimahi or halibut, though the local places are more to our liking.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:30 pm

Anyone know the difference between “1 bedroom 1 king bed luxury suite” and “1 bedroom 1 king bed oceanfront suite”? The descriptions are exactly the same but oceanfront costs about $200 more.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by nock
Anyone know the difference between “1 bedroom 1 king bed luxury suite” and “1 bedroom 1 king bed oceanfront suite”? The descriptions are exactly the same but oceanfront costs about $200 more.
I assume the difference is in the view. The hotel is a long box with the shallow side facing the ocean. There could be suites in the hotel with no water view. I've spent the money for an ocean view when I've stayed here. The view has been wonderful. We've seen lots of otters at play in the water such as a mama otter holding a baby otter on her chest.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:19 pm

I thought that too, but the descriptions read as follows:
"Luxury" Suite: "THIS LUXURIOUS ONEBEDROOM SUITE FEATURES A KING BED BALCONY W PANORAMIC OCEAN VIEWS SPACIOUS SITTING AREA TWO FIREPLACES 48INCHES LCD HDTV MARBLE BATHROOM W OVERSIZED SOAKING TUB AND SEPARATE SHOWER BATHROBES WIRELESS INTERNET MINI BAR CORDLESS SPEAKERPHONES AND A DESKTOP ZEN GARDEN."

"Oceanfront" Suite: "THIS STUNNING ONE-BEDROOM LUXURY SUITE FEATURES A PLUSH KING BED, A BALCONY WITH PANORAMIC OCEAN VIEWS, SITTING AREA WITH SOFA BED, TWO FIREPLACES, 48- LCD HDTV, MINI BAR, WI-FI, CORDLESS SPEAKERPHONES, BATHROBES, MARBLE BATHROOM WITH OVERSIZED SOAKING TUB & SEPARATE SHOWER & A ZEN GARDEN."

(Sorry for the all caps, that's how IHG lists them.)
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm happy to be wrong. I'd book the less expensive suite, take a screen shot with the description you've just shown, and call the hotel to confirm that it indeed is as advertised. And I'd ask the hotel staff if the suites indeed are one and the same.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, United Silver, National Exec
Completed a quick stay at the end of November. Was upgraded from King to King Partial Ocean View Balcony Fp, which was located in the Clement's semi-private courtyard with a pretty good ocean view. Balcony was juliette.

Ambassador credit of $20 per night. Not sure if it's per guest, as it was just me.
Fitness center and pool are open.
Restaurant/bar is open for dinner, and breakfast, but not lunch.
Valet is also operating.
kouichi likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Had another great stay at the Clement, utilizing an expiring IHG BOGO. Still not "cheap" by any means, but the hotel was pretty full. Housekeeping is still "on-request" and paper cups in lieu of glassware. AMB $20credit was provided and the C restaurant is finally open. Great food and service.

Booked cheapest and upgraded to what they classified as a "Junior Suite" partial oceanview facing the small inner courtyard, but full water view with NO fireplace. Much preferred than the rooms on the sides facing the inner courtyard. Was able to turn my chair, open the balcony door and chill (kind of in a fishbowl). Will come again with BOGO certs .
Old May 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by nock
I thought that too, but the descriptions read as follows:
"Luxury" Suite: "THIS LUXURIOUS ONEBEDROOM SUITE FEATURES A KING BED BALCONY W PANORAMIC OCEAN VIEWS SPACIOUS SITTING AREA TWO FIREPLACES 48INCHES LCD HDTV MARBLE BATHROOM W OVERSIZED SOAKING TUB AND SEPARATE SHOWER BATHROBES WIRELESS INTERNET MINI BAR CORDLESS SPEAKERPHONES AND A DESKTOP ZEN GARDEN."

"Oceanfront" Suite: "THIS STUNNING ONE-BEDROOM LUXURY SUITE FEATURES A PLUSH KING BED, A BALCONY WITH PANORAMIC OCEAN VIEWS, SITTING AREA WITH SOFA BED, TWO FIREPLACES, 48- LCD HDTV, MINI BAR, WI-FI, CORDLESS SPEAKERPHONES, BATHROBES, MARBLE BATHROOM WITH OVERSIZED SOAKING TUB & SEPARATE SHOWER & A ZEN GARDEN."

(Sorry for the all caps, that's how IHG lists them.)
They'll both have ocean views but the oceanfront one will actually be flat-facing the water.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Just checked in as a diamond and only got a one category upgrade to a fireplace room (it’s quite warm in Monterey) with a view of a parking lot. The front desk manager said I would have to pay for ocean view or suite upgrade and they don’t give any better rooms to diamonds. She kept repeating that she appreciates my loyalty but they don’t differentiate between diamonds and platinums. I had to show her the rules before she would hand over the breakfast certs . 😣
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by wilma; Oct 30, 2022 at 9:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.