Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wilma
Just checked in as a diamond and only got a one category upgrade to a fireplace room (it’s quite warm in Monterey) with a view of a parking lot. The front desk manager said I would have to pay for ocean view or suite upgrade and they don’t give any better rooms to diamonds. She kept repeating that she appreciates my loyalty but they don’t differentiate between diamonds and platinums. I had to show her the rules before she would hand over the breakfast certain. 😣
Argumentative and ill informed, my favorite kind of Front Desk Mgr .
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:35 am
KRS

Is "InterContinental: The Clement Monterey" part of the IHG Luxury Collection? E.g. is the rate type: "Ihg Luxury And Lifestyle" available through travel agents?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
IC The Clement Monterey

Has anyone got any feedback regarding this property?

My last visit to California was about 10 years ago, and I have moved around many states, settling in the PNW. I hear about doomsday/ apocalypse stories about going through San Francisco area, and I'm planning on flying in from SEA.

Choosing between IC Monterey vs San Diego for my birthday weekend. Monterey is just so dearly expensive per night. Is it worth it?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:37 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by hikouki
Has anyone got any feedback regarding this property?

My last visit to California was about 10 years ago, and I have moved around many states, settling in the PNW. I hear about doomsday/ apocalypse stories about going through San Francisco area, and I'm planning on flying in from SEA.

Choosing between IC Monterey vs San Diego for my birthday weekend. Monterey is just so dearly expensive per night. Is it worth it?
Been a few years but I had fond memories of the IC Monterey when I was driving down the PCH a few years ago. The hotel is right on cannery row which I loved.

If its a weekend stay then consider signing up for ambassador/using your BOGO cert if you haven't already.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 10:21 pm

The hotel already has its own thread.

I'm not a fan of the hotel. They play room upgrade games, and to me it didn't really feel as being on par with other intercontinentals.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:25 am

Intercontinental vs Monterey Plaza

Has anyone been to the IC Clement in Monterey recently? Trying to book a nice stay to treat a family member and wondering how the Clement compares to Monterey Plaza hotel (or others)
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:27 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by 336
The hotel already has its own thread.

I'm not a fan of the hotel. They play room upgrade games, and to me it didn't really feel as being on par with other intercontinentals.
I agree, my least favourite IC of all, they really make it seem like it bothers them to apply benefits and that they are doing you favour.

Won't go back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.