FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Clement Monterey Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:03 pm
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just stayed here and have the following comments:

1 -Very nice looking hotel - as I would expect an Intercon to look here!
2 - they gave a nice upgrade as an Platinum Ambassador - standard room to a king partial ocen view.
3 - Valet parking is expensive and chaotic as the front entrance to the hotel is very small.
4 - I had to move from my first room 462 as it was so noisy at night with a bar next door. The second room was a lot quieter. Both had partial ocean views, first had a fireplace and second had no fireplace but had a tiny balcony.
5 - spa is very disorganised. I tried to book a package 3 times but because their computer was down they could do nothing - paper and pen people!! I ended up not booking anything.
6 - service is very slow in the bar or restaurant. When i sat down to eat i waited 10 mins before i got offered a drink. When i sat in the bar the next night e same thing hapened. Clam chowder was lovely.
7 - Dont look at the restaurants menu online as it is not the same. This goes for the bar menu too - i really fancied the champagne flight taster but they only do the cheap one with primarily cava now.

Here are some photos:

That said this hotel is beatutifully located and i was blessed with the weather.

I came to Monterey primarily to try this hotel and I am afraid to say that the odd thing took the shine of my visit.

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Nov 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reason: Add photos