FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Clement Monterey Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2013, 7:22 am
kit125

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
This is why I continue to stay with IHG

Just returned from a fantastic stay at IC Clement! It was an award stay, but I was nonetheless treated like royalty. Upon check in, I was greeted by name and thanked repeatedly for my loyalty and patronage. I was upgraded to a 1 BR suite with full oceanview. While my room was not yet ready, Sam at the Front Desk took me on a mini-tour of the common areas of the hotel and provided me some of the history of the property.

I found the spa to be very inviting and had no issues securing appointments at my desired times. In fact, the receptionist even suggested that she would "move some things around" to accommodate me.

The suite was quite lovely. Two gas fireplaces -- very easy to use, just push a button! A balcony with two chairs to take in the beautiful ocean views. Nice soaking tub in the bathroom. It was nice to sleep with the window and balcony doors opened a crack to hear the ocean sounds. There were also binoculars to better see the wildlife.

Though an award stay, all RA benefits were extended. Mini-bar included nice selections, including 2 splits of Moet, 2 white wines and 2 red wines.

I found C Bar to have great food (the abalone, scallops, and chowder were amazing!), but wine list was so-so.

I cannot wait to return to this property!