Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
But then again, the 60K was only ever visible through certain referral links.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. I'm going to get my other half to apply for the card, can her card be linked to my rewards account so we pool the points?
Yes it can be linked to any IHG account.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
Yes it can be linked to any IHG account.
Many thanks!
Old May 1, 2015, 1:43 pm
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
I recently made a low value spend at a Hotel Indigo, however the IHG points I have been credited for the transaction are only at the 2x rate, not 4x.

Barclaycard say I must speak to IHG Rewards about the matter, as they only deal with financial issues; IHG say I must speak to Barclaycard as they are the ones who advise how many points should be added to the account.

This is going round in circles as I have spoken to each party two or three times and they blame each other, all just for 60 missing points! Rather ridiculous, but I stand by the principle that if they advertise a 4x rate, it should be honoured!

However, I really don't know how to get this resolved. Surely it is Barclaycard who perform the calculation of the number of points to be credited?; they show them on the card statement many weeks before they show in the IHG account. Who updates the system to recognise this particular hotel is eligible for the 4x rate, and/or who can issue a manual points adjustment?

One Barclaycard telephone agent did also advise that Hotel Indigo is not included in the 4x rate; surely this must be incorrect? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by DSA
I recently made a low value spend at a Hotel Indigo, however the IHG points I have been credited for the transaction are only at the 2x rate, not 4x.

Barclaycard say I must speak to IHG Rewards about the matter, as they only deal with financial issues; IHG say I must speak to Barclaycard as they are the ones who advise how many points should be added to the account.

This is going round in circles as I have spoken to each party two or three times and they blame each other, all just for 60 missing points! Rather ridiculous, but I stand by the principle that if they advertise a 4x rate, it should be honoured!

However, I really don't know how to get this resolved. Surely it is Barclaycard who perform the calculation of the number of points to be credited?; they show them on the card statement many weeks before they show in the IHG account. Who updates the system to recognise this particular hotel is eligible for the 4x rate, and/or who can issue a manual points adjustment?

One Barclaycard telephone agent did also advise that Hotel Indigo is not included in the 4x rate; surely this must be incorrect? Thanks.
Hi

If you scroll back through my many posts in this thread you will see I am locked in battle with barclaycard regarding this.

Last year when they moved the card onto the Barclaycard system they have not managed to capture all of the hotels PDQ identification codes therefore any of these hotels are just simply not posting 4x points.

It took an email to the CEO to get any action. They are aware of the problem but are not moving very quickly at getting it sorted.

It might be helpful if we start a wiki with the hotels that aren't posting properly so we know which ones to keep a close eye on should we stay at them and they don't post properly. I'm on my phone at the moment but the hotels I've had issues with are:-

HIX Strathclyde
HIX Hamilton
HI Dumfries
HI Aberdeen Exhibition
HI Aberdeen West
HI Scotch Corner
HI East Kilbride
HI Lancaster
Indigo Newcastle

If they tell you that it's not their problem remind them that the credit contract is with them and not IHG.
Old May 2, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Remind me of the 4x deal please? Any why I have this card other than for the 60K points and Plat for 2 years?
Old May 2, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Froggitt
Remind me of the 4x deal please? Any why I have this card other than for the 60K points and Plat for 2 years?
You get double card points for spend at ihg properties. The card is worthwhile I think for those spending a fair amount at ihg and to get the free night.

I don't have many other non Amex cards though so mine also gets used for a certain amount of day to day spend.
Old May 2, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by chrism20
Hi

If you scroll back through my many posts in this thread you will see I am locked in battle with barclaycard regarding this.

Last year when they moved the card onto the Barclaycard system they have not managed to capture all of the hotels PDQ identification codes therefore any of these hotels are just simply not posting 4x points.

It took an email to the CEO to get any action. They are aware of the problem but are not moving very quickly at getting it sorted.

It might be helpful if we start a wiki with the hotels that aren't posting properly so we know which ones to keep a close eye on should we stay at them and they don't post properly. I'm on my phone at the moment but the hotels I've had issues with are:-

HIX Strathclyde
HIX Hamilton
HI Dumfries
HI Aberdeen Exhibition
HI Aberdeen West
HI Scotch Corner
HI East Kilbride
HI Lancaster
Indigo Newcastle

If they tell you that it's not their problem remind them that the credit contract is with them and not IHG.
Add Staybridge suites Birmingham to the list.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Hi

HIX Strathclyde
HIX Hamilton
HI Dumfries
HI Aberdeen Exhibition
HI Aberdeen West
HI Scotch Corner
HI East Kilbride
HI Lancaster
Indigo Newcastle

HIX Cardiff Bay as well.

I simply dropped them a secure message and they added them to my account.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:02 pm

Letter from Barclaycard

Well I have today received a written response to query regarding the missing points. It's a good thing the person who wrote the letter is on holiday until next Monday as I may have calmed down by then.

"I am very concerned as to where you are getting your figures from" reads the letter.

"That would be the big A4 sheets of paper you send me in the post every month called a statement" was the response they got on the phone today from me.

From the April statement £1200 of spend with £300 of it being IHG spend just cannot total 2658 points, it is impossible.

The poor lad on the phone did then blurt out that there were major problems with the card.

Changing the subject slightly has anyone every been able to get their running annual total from IHG? Apparently they have this information according the letter from Barclays.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Looks like some big compensation due to be heading your way soon, chrism20, with that kind of useless response. About to progress a complaint with Amex myself where their Travel dept seem unable to issue a receipt for hotel accommodation that actually says it's for hotel accommodation!!
Old May 5, 2015, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Looks like some big compensation due to be heading your way soon, chrism20, with that kind of useless response. About to progress a complaint with Amex myself where their Travel dept seem unable to issue a receipt for hotel accommodation that actually says it's for hotel accommodation!!
The mess they have made is stunning. Surely it cannot be that difficult to get a list of all the hotels from IHG and then over the space of a couple of months (Starting with the UK ones obviously) make sure all the PDQ ID codes are up to date and that points are adding properly.

Even if they only done it it with the UK or European ones the majority of the issues would be resolved.

They have added £50 to the account as goodwill and have been told to remove it immediately.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
They have added £50 to the account as goodwill and have been told to remove it immediately.
By you or someone else?
Old May 6, 2015, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
By you or someone else?
By me. They have been told any gesture of goodwill will be discussed when they have fixed the problem and that I expect it reflect the time and effort that has had to be put into sorting it out.

It doesn't matter what you contact them about their answer is £50 whether it's fixed or not.

Whilst £50 for nothing is great I'm at the point personally I'd rather they put the £50 towards a fix to the problem.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:53 pm
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by parklife
I simply dropped them a secure message and they added them to my account.
Thank you for this suggestion. I filled in a brief message and received a call back within 24 hours, as was promised. The caller could see the problem, advised that the missing points would now be added, and also offered £10 as a gesture of goodwill.

This all happened just before the statement was generated for the month, and I can see that both the missing points and £10 credit have been applied as was advised. No doubt these will transfer over to the IHG account in due course, as usual.

I was also promised a £5 statement credit during a previous call on the matter (when I was being sent back and forth between Barclaycard and IHG), but this doesn't appear to be showing. Presumably the £10 credit overrode that.

Nevertheless, this is an acceptable resolution to my concern, and it is clear that Barclaycard have the power to make these type of points adjustments. Hopefully they will look to resolve the underlying problem ASAP so any future spend with IHG has the correct points credited. It would also be good if the front line telephone agents were able to sort this type of problem out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.